Woods' wife used golf club to free him from SUV

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
Tiger Woods was injured early Friday when he lost control of his SUV outside his Florida mansion, and a local police chief said Woods' wife used a golf club to smash out the back window to help get him out.
The world's No. 1 golfer was treated and released from a hospital in good condition, his spokesman said. The Florida Highway Patrol said Woods' vehicle hit a fire hydrant and a tree in his neighbour's yard after he pulled out of his driveway at 2:25 a.m.
Windermere police chief Daniel Saylor told The Associated Press that officers found the 33-year-old PGA star lying in the street with his wife, Elin, hovering over him.

Full story

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
the mistress that he was going to see must have been smoking hot for him to leave his beautiful wife at 2:25 a.m. and crash into a fire hydrant and tree. lol. :lol:

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
lol... if my hubby hit a hydrant fast enough to be trapped in a wreck, roaring out of the house at 2AM, and I smashed out his window with a golf club, EVERYone would be smart enough to know it was not to rescue him. It would be because we'd gotten in a fight so massive that he felt the need to haul his drunk ass out of there as quick as he could, with me in pursuit, weapon in hand.

But... I'm not rich. Rich people are 'better'. :lol:

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
"Celebrity is news. Everything else is entertainment" McLuhan
What about other people in crashes? The ones who are more seriously hurt? Not worth a mention?

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
lol... if my hubby hit a hydrant fast enough to be trapped in a wreck, roaring out of the house at 2AM, and I smashed out his window with a golf club, EVERYone would be smart enough to know it was not to rescue him. It would be because we'd gotten in a fight so massive that he felt the need to haul his drunk ass out of there as quick as he could, with me in pursuit, weapon in hand.

But... I'm not rich. Rich people are 'better'. :lol:
Yeah, and Woods is a "hero".:roll: :)

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
Yes he is a hero, just do some research and find out how many children he has
reached out to, who live in the inner cities, and would never have had any chance
at all to rise up, but now can see and feel what it is like to dream, and try, and succeed, it is amazing.
Whatever his problem was in the middle of the night driving out of his driveway,
is pro bably something any one of us could have had, and after hearing him
interviewed many many times, he would be the last one to want his private business
splattered around, even with all that wealth, he really is just a nice guy.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Yes he is a hero, just do some research and find out how many children he has
reached out to, who live in the inner cities, and would never have had any chance
at all to rise up, but now can see and feel what it is like to dream, and try, and succeed, it is amazing.
Whatever his problem was in the middle of the night driving out of his driveway,
is pro bably something any one of us could have had, and after hearing him
interviewed many many times, he would be the last one to want his private business
splattered around, even with all that wealth, he really is just a nice guy.
I'd say he can afford to be a nice guy. But I can admit that he does seem to be quite the philanthropist. I guess I am just used to being suspicious of rich people. But, I'd say I have grounds to be suspicious. :)
At any rate, I still see no more of a big deal between a Tiger Woods and Andy the accountant, Bennie the baker, or Eddie the electrician other than sheer sensationalism. "Celebrity is news. Everything else is entertainment" McLuhan

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
There is something fishy about this story. It would sound more plausible if it was reported than an angry wife with the golf club caused the damage or accident.

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
It's a very curious case. I know Tiger doesn't drink. With his mansion well stocked with gofers, tenders, nannies.. it's hard to believe he was on a diaper or formula run either.

The only time people usually go, squealing tires and banging into things, out of their driveways at 2 o'clock in the morning, is when they've had a fight with their spouse.

The main reason people have fights with their spouses is about money. Tiger made $110 million USD last year, and is one of two Forbes sports billionaires, along with Michael Schumacher. So I don't think that was the issue.

The second most common reason is infidelity, if you take out the kind of spontaneous arguments that stem from drinking.

So, we'll see what turns up.. but thankfully he only seems to have suffered a cut lip in the incident. :smile:

Last edited:

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
I'd say he can afford to be a nice guy. But I can admit that he does seem to be quite the philanthropist. I guess I am just used to being suspicious of rich people. But, I'd say I have grounds to be suspicious. :)
At any rate, I still see no more of a big deal between a Tiger Woods and Andy the accountant, Bennie the baker, or Eddie the electrician other than sheer sensationalism. "Celebrity is news. Everything else is entertainment" McLuhan

He has made a conscious decision, (and he didn't grow up rich) to use millions and
millions to help others, not all rich people make that choice, and I appreciate him
and others like him doing that, because I can't, and we need him and others in the
world to make a difference.
I always notice that people with no wealth coming down hard on people with money,
have never understood that, maybe it has to do with the entertainment side of life,
where so many wealthy musicians and actors spend their money so lavishly and
stupidly.
I think it is mostly because we are jealous.
Andy, Bennie and Eddy earning their middle class wages, could be losers and
jerks, who knows, people are people, doesn't matter about the money.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
So, we'll see what turns up.. but thankfully he only seems to have suffered a cut lip in the incident. :smile:

Monster drivers take getting used to. He's lucky she isn't a scratch golfer and capable of inflicting more than a cut lip.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
His accident didn't need airbags deployed, yet his wife has to use his driver for the jaws of life? LOL. Ya sure.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
There is something fishy about this story. It would sound more plausible if it was reported than an angry wife with the golf club caused the damage or accident.
Maybe he was cut when she smashed in the window of the SUV, who knows.
I guess if he smacked into the fire hydrant, he could have smacked his face on the
wheel, and dazed himself, then hit the tree, maybe he forgot the firehydrant was there.;-)
If one was totally unexpecting the vehicle to hit anything, then it hit the hydrant that
could cause quite a jolt.
I'm just as curious as anyone, but it is 'all' of the media that brings this to our attention,
nothing to do with Tiger, just the opposite I'm sure, if he did have a fight with his wife,
he can't do it and get over it, like the rest of us, it makes the front page.
It's none of our business anyway, so what ever they decide to tell us, so be it, we
shouldn't be thinking we deserve an explanation.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
He has made a conscious decision, (and he didn't grow up rich) to use millions and
millions to help others, not all rich people make that choice, and I appreciate him
and others like him doing that, because I can't, and we need him and others in the
world to make a difference.

Tal, no one's saying he's not a great guy who does a lot for the community. But, the story's fishy as all hell. She smashed out the back window to rescue him? After hitting a hydrant? Why? Were all the doors on his SUV were crushed shut? No.... no I really don't think so. Fishy. No matter how good a guy he is, he's also a human.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
Tal, no one's saying he's not a great guy who does a lot for the community. But, the story's fishy as all hell. She smashed out the back window to rescue him? After hitting a hydrant? Why? Were all the doors on his SUV were crushed shut? No.... no I really don't think so. Fishy. No matter how good a guy he is, he's also a human.

Yup, I said that, he's just a nice guy, rich or not, no different than the rest of us.
It's still none of our business, same as if my husband had done same thing, it's
just life going on, some days not so good as others.
The fishiness of the story is what the media says about it, because they come up with certain scenarios that 'could' have happened, they're just looking for headlines and
attention, it's always about them, they are the slime here.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
if he did have a fight with his wife,
he can't do it and get over it, like the rest of us, it makes the front page.

If he had a fight with his wife that resulted in destruction to property, he's made the news paper just as anyone would. Most domestic violence cases make the police blotter in the local news paper at the very least. Google the net... you'll turn up tons of 'funny' domestic fight stories. The fact that he's famous just means people care about the name as well as the story. And well, that's a side effect of the publicity he's paid so well for. I don't really feel horribly sorry for him. But, at the same time, I'm not judging him if he got in a fight and bolted from the house... it happens. I'm just kind of mocking them for doing such a piss poor job of coming up with a cover story. :lol:

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
If he had a fight with his wife that resulted in destruction to property, he's made the news paper just as anyone would. Most domestic violence cases make the police blotter in the local news paper at the very least. Google the net... you'll turn up tons of 'funny' domestic fight stories. The fact that he's famous just means people care about the name as well as the story. And well, that's a side effect of the publicity he's paid so well for. I don't really feel horribly sorry for him. But, at the same time, I'm not judging him if he got in a fight and bolted from the house... it happens. I'm just kind of mocking them for doing such a piss poor job of coming up with a cover story. :lol:

He doesn't have to come up with any story 'for us' or anyone but the police, as there
might be a traffic violation, and that's it.
He will have to explain to them why he lost control of the vehicle, and that's it.
Beyond that, it's no one's business but their's.
Of course there will be a news conference or something, but whatever they tell
the public, if it is something they don't want to believe, the media then will have
a field day with it, and will hope it will be controversial, and the public will accuse
him of things that they wish would have happened, and will never really kinow.
Why should we, who do we think we are, do we think we have to enjoy his private
discomforts, as though he deserves that.
If he had a fight with his wife, that is one thing, the meeting of SUV and fire hydrant
is a separate situation, police are not concerned with a fight with his wife, just
the vehicle and hydrant and tree, and possibility of traffic violation.
Just because he is a wealthy golfer, and the most recognized sports figure on the
planet, somehow the public think they should have the freedom to poke holes in
him, but the public really are 'jealous' and love to make fun of people like him for
that reason. We have such 'shallow character' when it comes to this sort of thing,
along with the media, who have no character or class at all, they like to make money
from other peoples sadness or failures or whatever they know will get our attention.

So what if the story sounds fishy, it's not our business anyway, just like it's wasn't
your business when my husband backed into our garage door, when backing the
truck and boat on the trailer into the driveway.;-)
Our house now looks like it worth about $1.95.

Risus

Genius
May 24, 2006
Toronto
Wood's wife used the club on the truck as he was trying to get away. Just another marriage spat...
Anyway, why would anyone really care??