Chantal Petitclerc - 2009 Canadian Walk of Fame Honoree.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek

Chantal Petitclerc is among the honorees at tonight’s 2009 Canada Walk of Fame Awards. I don’t know how many of you have heard of this remarkable young woman, if you haven’t – you should have.

Chantal Petitclerc is Canada’s Premier Athlete. She won gold all over the world while setting several World Records, and is an outstanding example of the best in young Canadian woman.

Chantal Petitclerc is an inspiration to millions of young Canadians and well deserving of the accolades she has received in her many years of competition in wheel-chair sports.

You do Canada much honor, Chantal.

I salute you.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/story/2008/12/25/petitclerc-profile081225.html

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
:cool:Wow, look at the arms on her.....that's awsome.

Proud dosen't say it all.:canada:

Btw Mowich, I like your sig.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
:cool:Wow, look at the arms on her.....that's awsome.

Proud dosen't say it all.:canada:

Btw Mowich, I like your sig.

Isn't she magnificent. What a champion. What a woman.

Thank you, Avro but which one is regarded as my signature and what do you call the other quote?

Last edited:

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
I believe the two quotes compliment each other as I have spent time in the mountains while dancing in the rain.

We have a few acres at my cottage and the best time to go for a ride on the atv is in the rain.:cool:

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Ah yes the bugs, in May it's the best time to go.

I always liked September through the early part of October, especially at higher elevations. Frosts come earlier up there so the bugs were gone, the weeds were dead, and the leaves had fallen.

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
I always liked September through the early part of October, especially at higher elevations. Frosts come earlier up there so the bugs were gone, the weeds were dead, and the leaves had fallen.

We have property next to a provincial park and the best time to go in is when the park is empty and leaves have fallen.

I have a few framed pictures I have taken in there.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
We have property next to a provincial park and the best time to go in is when the park is empty and leaves have fallen.

I have a few framed pictures I have taken in there.

Once the tourists have gone home, I imagine it must be wonderful to live next to a provincial park, Avro.

Where I live in Eagle Creek, we are at the end of the pavement with Crown Land stretching in several directions. Unlike a park, the land is used by loggers, miners, hunters, trappers and anyone else who wants to spend time in the bush. It may sound like a busy place but for most of the year one is lucky to see another vehicle. There are hundreds of old and new logging roads to explore. The main roads take one right up to the Cariboo Mtns. It is a beautiful place.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Awesome! WTG, Chantal!

She reminds me of a friend of hubby (and after a while her and I became friends): Snooky Seeley was also quite prodigious and prolific at wheelchair sports awards. She set a world record in shotput, for example.