Wal-Mart now selling caskets and urns online

Francis2004

Subjective Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Lower Mainland, BC
Are you interested in buying your future Casket or Urn from Walmart or Costco online ?

MILWAUKEE — The world's largest retailer wants to keep its customers even after they die.

Wal-Mart has started selling caskets on its website at prices that undercut many funeral homes, long the major seller of caskets.

The move follows a similar one by discount rival Costco, which also sells caskets on its site.

Wal-Mart, based in Bentonville, Ark., quietly put up about 15 caskets and dozens of urns on its website last week.

Prices range from $999 for models like "Dad Remembered" and "Mom Remembered" steel caskets to the mid-level $1,699 "Executive Privilege." All are less than $2,000, except for the Sienna Bronze Casket, which sells for $3,199.

CTV News | Wal-Mart now selling caskets and urns online

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
I believe Costco has been selling Coffins in its stores for quite some time
already, but when I checked their online sales option, I could only find the
Casket Sprays (the Floral Arrangements for on top of Caskets). :-|

Francis2004

Subjective Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Lower Mainland, BC
lol sir francis - wellllll... presumably, one has tried (tested) a product before submitting a review...

ha ha ha..

That's dependent on your view point.. You could have purchased for a loved one and seen the quality. You would still have an opinion and hence could give a review..:)

You need not have tested it personally.. :angel9:

Outta here

Senate Member
Jul 8, 2005
Edmonton AB
damn caskets?

... erm... careful there... don't want to buy any damned caskets... wouldn't bode too well for the final destination.

Just sayin. :lol: