Obama betrays Poland and every American

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada

http://www.examiner.com/blog/includ...eight=150&width=380&modal=true&TB_iframe=true September 18, 11:09 PM
Lafayette Political Buzz Examiner
Ken LaRive

Prague 2001 Photo by Ken LaRive

The 17th of September was the 70th anniversary of the Soviet invasion of Poland. A Nazi-Soviet Pact was signed in Moscow on August the 28th, and all resistance was futile as both powers combined forces. Poland lost their Sovereignty, and as the years passed freedom became a distant memory.
Poles have always found a connection with the United States. It is much more than the promised anti-missile shield, it is about the similarities in attitudes of freedom and democracy. The United States was not only respected as the great liberator, but as a defender.
After 9-11 Poland expressed solid and empathetic solidarity with America, and without hesitation joined US-led coalition forces against terrorism.
Both Jacques Chirac and Gerhard Shroeder verbally assaulted them, but they stood fast making their intentions completely clear to the EU: Poland and the USA would fight common enemies shoulder to shoulder. They considered the US an ally, and though their forces were small, 80 percent of Poles was sympathetic to the union. They made it clear to France, Germany, and all of the EU countries that American interests were their own.
This is now a historical footnote. President Obama has betrayed a friend, and has caused great indignation and outrage. But there are some who still speak out for America in both Poland and the Czech Republic, and this is growing. They see that the emotional and fearful cries of their countrymen are based on a misunderstanding. Obama, they argue, is temporary: those policies are from the current government only, and will soon be reversed. As most countries who know the pain of Fascism, they see the same yoke taking shape in America and realize that the victim is not just Poland but the people of the United States.
Unlike the totalitarian enslavement Poland knew, America can fight back. Americans above any other nation knows the value of liberty, as do the Poles and Czechs, and can take it back by rule of law and the voting process. They know that Obama and his administration is not America, and as far as they are concerned, his days are numbered.
Note from the author: What is amazing and sad for a traveler as me... who has traveled to Czech and knows first hand the connection of culture. When we were there in 2001 America was sponsoring to teach the local businessmen and schools how to smile and laugh. So long under an iron handed government they had forgotten how! They took as their own our ways, from coffee houses to pizza, and again there was laughter in the streets. But then, there are those who I’ve heard shout “American imperialistic dog” in anti-US groups throughout Europe, who danced when the WTC fell, are saying now with great satisfaction: “Look , the US is moving back! Their policies have failed. They are finished.”

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
You must be getting your news from the same place Rush Limbaugh does. Obama has liberated the American people from junior's totaltarian rightwingnut regime. Perhaps in time the world will forgive America for all the pain and suffering caused by the Republican party.

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
It is a good bet that taxslave have NEVER LISTENED to Rush Limbaugh.

Yet, he claims to be an authority. Typical liberal jacka$$.

Ask the Polish people about being stabbed in the back once more. On the very anniversary of the Soviet Union attacking Poland.

Ask the Czech people about being abandonded once more.

Thanks Obama!

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury

Ask the Polish people about being stabbed in the back once more. On the very anniversary of the Soviet Union attacking Poland.

Thanks Obama!

8O Something for which you're grateful to Obama, Jack? Who'da thunk it?

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
taxslave

You must be getting your news from the same place Rush Limbaugh does. Obama has liberated the American people from junior's totaltarian rightwingnut regime.
Nope , I get my news directly from Poland and its people , in Polish ; on a mobile , a little Nokia ...you know .

Perhaps in time the world will forgive America for all the pain and suffering caused by the Republican party.
Perhaps when you'll grow up , you will realize how silly you are .

Niflmir

A modern nomad
Dec 18, 2006
Leiden, the Netherlands

Thanks Obama!

It is a good bet that YukonJack has NEVER LISTENED to anybody but himself.

Yet he moves from thread to thread, accusing other people of ignorance.

I imagine you will be tempted to claim that I have never even read anything you have written, since that seems to be your one and only response to every thing you disagree with.

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
Responding to the worthless crap, post #6.

I don't know why I even bother. But here it goes, anyways.

I DO listen to all left-wing radio stations. I try and do watch all left-wing TV channels like MSNBC. (TIVO sure helps).

So, unlike the despicable punk, Niflmir, I DO LISTEN to more than just to myself. And to a heck of a lot more than just the liberal crap he listens to.

Niflmir

A modern nomad
Dec 18, 2006
Leiden, the Netherlands
Responding to the worthless crap, post #6.

I don't know why I even bother. But here it goes, anyways.

I DO listen to all left-wing radio stations. I try and do watch all left-wing TV channels like MSNBC. (TIVO sure helps).

So, unlike the despicable punk, Niflmir, I DO LISTEN to more than just to myself. And to a heck of a lot more than just the liberal crap he listens to.

Wow, you really proved my point, haven't you Jack?

What is your argument in response to my comment? That I don't listen to what other people have to say. Which is exactly the response I said you would make.

Thanks for proving my point Jack: you don't listen to anybody but yourself. Thanks for the help.

Reactions: mabudon

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
These Missile Defense Programs, which have recurred in various iterations, since Reagan's 'Star Wars' intiative in the 1980s, are the modern day equivalent of Hadrian's Wall, the Great Wall of China, the Maginot Line.. prohibitively expensive fixed defensive structures, that will be ineffective and obsolete as soon as they are finished.

It used to be to repel Russian missiles, now its about Iran. In honesty it is still about Russia, the mistrust of which is deeply embedded in the Intelligence Establishment in the U.S.. It's about solidifying an 'encirclement' of Russian 'Imperialist Expansion'. This totem has actuated history in Eurasia since the Great Game of military brinksmanship between the Russian and British Imperial interests in the 19th Century.

It is really unnecessarily provocative, and a boondoggle of military procurement, with little real strategic value.. only a spending envelope for certain powerful congressional districts with missile defense industries.

Last edited:

mabudon

Metal King
Mar 15, 2006
Golden Horseshoe, Ontario
OH so THAT is what it was about- I noticed the piece didn't actually come out and say it, which was probably an attempt to avoid laughter from anyone in the reading audience with a brain in their head. As it stands the piece makes various weak allusions and an assertion that Obama is some kind of villain, but offers nothing to actually give weight to such a statement

I agree with LoneWolf, provoking Russia of all places is totally silly and obviously a useless artefact of super-paranoid cold-warrior wet-dream material. The sooner the goofy dinosaurs driving such an ineology die off, the better

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
Home / President
Polish Prime Minister, Peeved Over Missile Shield Reversal, Rejects Call from Clinton

Polish Prime Minister Donald Tusk insisted Thursday the United States and Poland remain close allies even after President Obama's decision to drop plans for a missile defense shield in the Eastern European country, but it's apparently not a sentiment he felt Wednesday night.

FOXNews.com
Friday, September 18, 2009
x in order to recommend a story, you must login or register.

527 Comments | Add Comment
ShareThis
Related Stories

• Decision to Shelve Missile Shield Will 'Empower' Russia, Obama's

The United States and Poland remain close allies despite President Obama's decision to drop plans for a missile defense shield in the Eastern European country, Polish Prime Minister Donald Tusk insisted Thursday.
But Tusk may have felt differently Wednesday night, when he got a phone call to tell him about Obama's decision, which would be announced the following day.
Tusk told Polish radio that he did not want to speak with Obama on Wednesday night because he wanted to "properly prepare for the discussion."
But Politico.com reported Friday that it wasn't Obama on the line -- that Tusk actually rejected a call from Secretary of State Hillary Clinton -- who called him to detail the plan -- because as a head of government, he thought he should hear from Obama directly.
"Hillary called -- and the reason he turned it down was because of protocol," one of two U.S.-based sources close to the Polish government told Politico.
Tusk finally spoke with the Obama on Thursday, after Obama announced that the land-based missile defense system announced by the Bush administration for deployment in Poland and the Czech Republic would be scrapped in favor of a ship-based system.
The Polish government took several hits for its decision to house a missile defense shield, and its neighbor, Russia, took it as an even greater affront, part of the reason that the president may have reached his conclusion.
Tusk did not sound pleased with Obama's announcement, telling Polish radio on Thursday, "It was an autonomous decision taken by President Barack Obama" that did not involve the Polish government.
Obama said Thursday the new system would be quicker, cheaper and more effective against the threat from Iranian missiles.
He added that the threat assessment on Iran had changed, and that the Islamic Republic was developing missiles that could reach Europe or Israel, but not the intercontinental rockets that could hit the United States. Hence the shift to a more transportable, ship-based shield.
With the missile shield out of Eastern Europe, Sen. Mark Begich, D-Alaska, said Thursday that Obama's call for other systems, such as the sea-based Aegis Weapons System, the Standard Missile-3 (SM-3) interceptor and advanced sensors, creates an opportunity for a ground-based missile defense at Fort Greely, Alaska. That system, Begich said, could protect the homeland from long-range rockets coming from North Korea or Iran.
"Assuming the president's decision to cancel missile system deployment in Europe is final, Alaska's GMD system must be fully deployed and properly maintained to protect America from attacks by rogue states," Begich said. "I look forward to receiving a full explanation from the Obama administration on this decision and how it proposes to maintain Alaska's defense system."
He noted that he succeeded in adding an amendment to the 2010 National Defense Authorization Act "ensuring the completion of Fort Greely's Missile Field #2 in a seven missile-silo configuration."
All may not be lost with Poland, either, as a result of the decision to abandon the land-based shield.
Tusk said Obama's proposal is not a "defeat" for Poland, and the alternative strategy should not affect the security of Poland or of Europe.
He added that Obama signaled to him in their call on Thursday that "Poland has a chance to win an exclusive position" in the new system. That could be through an American commitment of U.S. Patriot missiles being placed in Poland, Politico reported..
Click here to read the Politico report.
Click here to read more about Polish and Czech reaction to the scrapped missile defense plan.

mabudon

Metal King
Mar 15, 2006
Golden Horseshoe, Ontario
Looks like a thoroughly dressed up portion of "who the hell cares" to me, I don't see the "betrayal" anywhere.. So Obama's admin has decided against proceeding with a totally fantastical weapons system that by most evaluations is completely unworkable (meant to guard against a largely embellished phantom of a "threat no less) and shift to something that might actually work and tick less people off, and is supposedly actually configured to meet the "current threat" rather than the imaginary one??

This thread is predicated on nonsense rhetoric, probably for all the crusty old UK ex-pats who see commies and Jerries in every shadow (the ones who like to call in to talk radio in the morning)

Anyone fearing Russkies, I have some Soviet repellent- used it my whole life and never seen a single communist battalion marching down ANY street I've ever lived on- it's QUITE expensive but very effective and I guarantee it'll work forever, PM me for details

dumpthemonarchy

House Member
Jan 18, 2005
Vancouver
www.cynicsunlimited.com
Tactically this is a loss for Poland and the Czech Republic, but strategically Russia is currently the far more important country in the world. It has the geopolitical cards to make the world a safer place, not smaller European countries. Russia completely wasted the 20th century, it has no history of democracy or capitalism worth speaking of. It is dependent on resources, its population is falling, and feels so insecure it invaded a country in Georgia. Russia is a project that needs work for a better world.

Poland is barely having a recession, the Czechs decades ago had industrial capacity in Skoda and they briefly had democracy. Most people in Europe know this was the right move by the US govt.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
Isn't funny how certain right wingers want the USA to finance Europe's defense but they refuse to finance the health care needs of the domestic poor?

Well of course, because poor people just need to get off their butts and go to work, and all of their problems will be solved, whereas Europe is far too fragile to survive on its own.

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
No surprise!

Obama only follows American historical example of stabbing nations with no oil in the back:

1956 - Hungary
1968 - Czechoslovakia

These two examples are plenty in historical contenxt.