World's climate could cool first, warm later

Stretch

House Member
Feb 16, 2003
Australia
this should be in the "THOSE ARSEHOLES" thread........which I have yet to start....but I do have a list

World's climate could cool first, warm later

Tags: SCIENCE/HEALTH/CLIMATE/NATURE

Webmaster's Commentary:
The short version is that the people who have heavily invested in using global warming to scare you out of your money and obedience are facing a crisis. All their carefully laid schemes and scams are for naught because the Earth is actually getting cooler in direct contradiction of the much-touted computer models waved at us by scare-mongering former VPs, and having the head of Greenpeace admit on TV they just made up that crap about an iceless Greenland didn't help.
But money is money and the people who ponied up the hundreds of millions of dollars spent so far to scare you into letting them take billions of dollars from you in carbon taxes didn't get where they are today by letting things like the truth get in their way.
So now they have NEW computer models that are saying that, yeah, well, okay, the Earth is getting cooler now and probably will for the next couple decades, but trust us; the world WILL eventually start to get warmer (that I agree with) and it's all your fault (that I don't agree with) and you can atone by buying carbon credits today.
Same snake oil. Slightly different bottle.

World's climate could cool first, warm later - environment - 04 September 2009 - New Scientist

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
It is getting cooler? When did we drop below the 1000 year mean?
Wouldn't you know that in the year of the great and truly expensive Olympics, BC is expected to have a warmer than average winter this year! The whole of Canada is expected to have a warmer than average winter.
We had a hotter than average summer. Just stands to reason we would have a warmer than average winter (although last year was a colder and snowier than average year - just ask Juan who I think is buying a snowblower this year :lol:)

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Wouldn't you know that in the year of the great and truly expensive Olympics, BC is expected to have a warmer than average winter this year! The whole of Canada is expected to have a warmer than average winter.
We had a hotter than average summer. Just stands to reason we would have a warmer than average winter (although last year was a colder and snowier than average year - just ask Juan who I think is buying a snowblower this year :lol:)
Solar Max started last January and lasts three years on average with el Ninos and wild heavy snowfalls mixed with rapid melts and rains.

If we get thunder in January again in Sask again I won't be shocked like the first time a few years back. Nuts!

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Geeez. It goes up it goes down. Everytime the mean temperature drops for a period of time oeioke start clammering about GW being over. Sorry, but the general trend has been upwards for a lot of decades. I'll wait till next year when I can see the mean anomaly for 2009 and the next couple years before I go dancing a jig.
BTW, it might only be cooling now because summer is ending in the northern hemisphere. lmao
Take a peek: http://data.giss.nasa.gov/gistemp/2008/Fig1.gif

You might notice the mean temp anomaly fluctuates up and down but it's been on the positive side of 0 for a long time. Like since around 1975. And it's been climbing longer than that.

Hey, Stretch, what's with the toads over your way? How did cane toads get there? Rabbits, mice, cats, .... boy you guys have your problems, huh?

Last edited:

Stretch

House Member
Feb 16, 2003
Australia
Geeez. It goes up it goes down. Everytime the mean temperature drops for a period of time oeioke start clammering about GW being over. Sorry, but the general trend has been upwards for a lot of decades. I'll wait till next year when I can see the mean anomaly for 2009 and the next couple years before I go dancing a jig.
BTW, it might only be cooling now because summer is ending in the northern hemisphere. lmao
Take a peek: http://data.giss.nasa.gov/gistemp/2008/Fig1.gif

You might notice the mean temp anomaly fluctuates up and down but it's been on the positive side of 0 for a long time. Like since around 1975. And it's been climbing longer than that.

Hey, Stretch, what's with the toads over your way? How did cane toads get there? Rabbits, mice, cats, .... boy you guys have your problems, huh?
because some idiot scientists, with the help of dipstick politicians imported them and released them in the hope that they would eat the sugar cane beetle, which it doesnt like......why would you release something foriegn in an enviroment without first seeing what would happen?
You can see why "they" needed to remove our fire-arms eh?
I see they are worth around $20 each in Canada....wanna become part of an import/export business......we could make a fortune......we kill them by the 1000s....money down the drain.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
because some idiot scientists, with the help of dipstick politicians imported them and released them in the hope that they would eat the sugar cane beetle, which it doesnt like......why would you release something foriegn in an enviroment without first seeing what would happen?
You can see why "they" needed to remove our fire-arms eh?
I see they are worth around $20 each in Canada....wanna become part of an import/export business......we could make a fortune......we kill them by the 1000s....money down the drain.
Yeah. It'd be a real tough one to put a few toads and a few beetles in plexiglass boxes and see if they like each other, ignore each other, or battle to the death. Genius.
I'll pass on the toad biz. Not one of my fave critters.
I wonder why they'd be valuable here. I think I read that they are poisonous and aren't native to Canada either.

Stretch

House Member
Feb 16, 2003
Australia
Yeah. It'd be a real tough one to put a few toads and a few beetles in plexiglass boxes and see if they like each other, ignore each other, or battle to the death. Genius.
I'll pass on the toad biz. Not one of my fave critters.
I wonder why they'd be valuable here. I think I read that they are poisonous and aren't native to Canada either.
So simple eh...and these dickheads are incharge!
not my fav critter either...they make a sort of popping noise when you run over them, but you can whack them about 100yrds with a good driver....... :lol:
yes they are poisonous to all creatures, dogs, cats, snakes, native frogs, birds and humans......hippies used to dry the canetoad skin and smoke it........re really need to cleanse that idiot genepool.

In the book Fingerprints of the Gods, there is a chapter re the mapping of the Arctic, or Antarctic (curse this memory) before there was ice on it.....it matches almost perfectly to a recent mapping the uk did using ultrasound or whatever its called.........they were actually talking about it on the Nat Geo channel the other night.