Swine Flu Update, 1100 Dead So Far

dumpthemonarchy

House Member
Jan 18, 2005
Vancouver
www.cynicsunlimited.com
This one seems a little different to me. I'm not taking the unproven vaccine.

Global swine flu deaths top 1,100 - CNN.com

Global swine flu deaths top 1,100

• Story Highlights
  • WHO: Swine flu deaths up 338 in recent days to 1,154 in total worldwide
  • WHO: Virus spreads in 6 weeks as far as most viruses spread in 6 months
  • U.S. plans to vaccinate nearly 160M Americans ahead of winter "flu season"
  • GlaxoSmithKline has signed deals to provide 291 million doses of vaccine this year
CNN) -- More than 1,100 people worldwide have died from swine flu since it emerged in Mexico and the U.S. in April, according to the latest figures from the World Health Organization.
A young girl wears a mask at a hospital in Hanoi. Vietnam reported its first death from swine flu this week.

As of July 31, the total number of victims killed by the H1N1 virus, also known as swine flu, stood at 1,154 -- an increase of 338 since WHO's previous update on July 27.

The virus has spread around the world with unprecedented speed, spreading as widely in six weeks as common influenza viruses spread in the six months, according to WHO.

WHO data showed the total number of laboratory confirmed cases at 162,380, but the number could be higher since individual cases no longer have to be tested or reported.

The total number of countries and territories reporting at least one case of infection now stands at 168, with new cases reported in Azerbaijan, Gabon, Grenada, Kazakhstan, Moldova, Monaco, Nauru, Swaziland and Suriname.
In the United States, federal health officials are worried about the upcoming flu season.

They say nearly 160 million Americans may need to be vaccinated against the H1N1 virus, but it won't be as simple as a single shot.
In a background briefing with reporters on Tuesday, two senior administration officials said the vaccine, which is still in clinical trials, would require two shots. The first shot would be followed by a second shot three weeks later. Immunity to the virus would finally kick in two weeks after that.

That means someone who is vaccinated by the time the program is expected to launch in late October won't get protection until late fall.
On Tuesday, British-based pharmaceuticals giant GlaxoSmithKline announced it had signed contracts with nine governments to provide 96 million doses of a H1N1 vaccine and was in ongoing discussions with governments to provide further supplies.

GlaxoSmithKline has already signed deals worth $250 million in total to provide 195 million doses and plans to donate 50 million doses to the World Health Organization.

"First supplies of the vaccine will be available to governments from September onwards, with shipments expected in the second half of 2009 and early 2010," GlaxoSmithKline said in a statement. "The exact pace of delivery will be dependent on capacity and the yield of the influenza strain."

Details of the immunization program were revealed as part of the government's overall plan to deal with what is expected to be a difficult flu season.
The federal Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices last week issued sweeping guidelines for a vaccination campaign against the swine flu strain, identifying more than half the population as targets for the first round of vaccinations.

The priority groups include pregnant women, health care and emergency services personnel, children, adolescents and young adults from six months to 24 years of age, household and caregiver contacts of children younger than six months and healthy adults with certain medical conditions.

The symptoms of swine flu are similar to that of seasonal flu and include fever, cough, sore throat, aches and runny nose, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. A significant number of infected people have also reported diarrhea and vomiting.

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
If you don't take the vacine you will infect others and we can't have that so the W.H.O . will be working close with the BORG to get people like you assimulated and resistance is futile

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
This one seems a little different to me. I'm not taking the unproven vaccine.

Global swine flu deaths top 1,100 - CNN.com

Global swine flu deaths top 1,100

• Story Highlights
  • WHO: Swine flu deaths up 338 in recent days to 1,154 in total worldwide
  • WHO: Virus spreads in 6 weeks as far as most viruses spread in 6 months
  • U.S. plans to vaccinate nearly 160M Americans ahead of winter "flu season"
  • GlaxoSmithKline has signed deals to provide 291 million doses of vaccine this year
CNN) -- More than 1,100 people worldwide have died from swine flu since it emerged in Mexico and the U.S. in April, according to the latest figures from the World Health Organization.
A young girl wears a mask at a hospital in Hanoi. Vietnam reported its first death from swine flu this week.

As of July 31, the total number of victims killed by the H1N1 virus, also known as swine flu, stood at 1,154 -- an increase of 338 since WHO's previous update on July 27.

The virus has spread around the world with unprecedented speed, spreading as widely in six weeks as common influenza viruses spread in the six months, according to WHO.

WHO data showed the total number of laboratory confirmed cases at 162,380, but the number could be higher since individual cases no longer have to be tested or reported.

The total number of countries and territories reporting at least one case of infection now stands at 168, with new cases reported in Azerbaijan, Gabon, Grenada, Kazakhstan, Moldova, Monaco, Nauru, Swaziland and Suriname.
In the United States, federal health officials are worried about the upcoming flu season.

They say nearly 160 million Americans may need to be vaccinated against the H1N1 virus, but it won't be as simple as a single shot.
In a background briefing with reporters on Tuesday, two senior administration officials said the vaccine, which is still in clinical trials, would require two shots. The first shot would be followed by a second shot three weeks later. Immunity to the virus would finally kick in two weeks after that.

That means someone who is vaccinated by the time the program is expected to launch in late October won't get protection until late fall.
On Tuesday, British-based pharmaceuticals giant GlaxoSmithKline announced it had signed contracts with nine governments to provide 96 million doses of a H1N1 vaccine and was in ongoing discussions with governments to provide further supplies.

GlaxoSmithKline has already signed deals worth $250 million in total to provide 195 million doses and plans to donate 50 million doses to the World Health Organization.

"First supplies of the vaccine will be available to governments from September onwards, with shipments expected in the second half of 2009 and early 2010," GlaxoSmithKline said in a statement. "The exact pace of delivery will be dependent on capacity and the yield of the influenza strain."

Details of the immunization program were revealed as part of the government's overall plan to deal with what is expected to be a difficult flu season.
The federal Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices last week issued sweeping guidelines for a vaccination campaign against the swine flu strain, identifying more than half the population as targets for the first round of vaccinations.

The priority groups include pregnant women, health care and emergency services personnel, children, adolescents and young adults from six months to 24 years of age, household and caregiver contacts of children younger than six months and healthy adults with certain medical conditions.

The symptoms of swine flu are similar to that of seasonal flu and include fever, cough, sore throat, aches and runny nose, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. A significant number of infected people have also reported diarrhea and vomiting.
I think there is going to be a lot of people who are given the vaccine before you or I get it. There should be ample time to see how it's working or to die from not taking it. I have a daughter-in-law with asthma and a grandson with CP. I care for all my grandchildren 2 days a week and school kids bring home every cold and flu that exists. We are given the regular flu shot free every year because we are care givers of our grandchild with CP. It seems to me that even if I'm not sure about the shot, I don't want to take the chance that I could be responsible for him getting it from me or for my daughter-in-law getting it from me either. I work with money all day. Money (so they say)retains germs for approx. 7 days. I would say my chances of getting the flu from a shopper are really high. I also know that right now, two of my grandkids get their regular flu shot in two separate weeks because of their age so I guess that's the way it will have to be. It seems to me that we are damned if we do and damned if we don't. I think we may have to take our chances.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Today I strained a tincture I just made with Elderberries and Gran Marnier (10 oz.) I have a quart sealer full. Filled the jar with berries, filled it up with Gran Marnier and now I have one of the oldest and trusted anti-flu remedies available on the planet. It works by boosting your immune system so you don't get sick to start with. I soaked the berries in the alcohol (any alcohol will do) for a month. Now I will take a teaspoon a day.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
but Cliffy that is a terrorist concoction it hasn't been blessed by big pharma it hasn't been approved by accredited eggheads, it's been outside on a weed for christ sake, it will be covered in germs, it will kill your testicles and make your hair fall out, it will take years and years to get approval. Why don't you just be a Mr & Mrs model citizen and report yourself for suspicious activity unbecoming a right honourable international team player?

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
but Cliffy that is a terrorist concoction it hasn't been blessed by big pharma it hasn't been approved by accredited eggheads, it's been outside on a weed for christ sake, it will be covered in germs, it will kill your testicles and make your hair fall out, it will take years and years to get approval. Why don't you just be a Mr & Mrs model citizen and report yourself for suspicious activity unbecoming a right honourable international team player?
I had a vasectomy 30 years ago, I'm an anachist and I'm bald.;-) Not to worry mate!

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
Today I strained a tincture I just made with Elderberries and Gran Marnier (10 oz.) I have a quart sealer full. Filled the jar with berries, filled it up with Gran Marnier and now I have one of the oldest and trusted anti-flu remedies available on the planet. It works by boosting your immune system so you don't get sick to start with. I soaked the berries in the alcohol (any alcohol will do) for a month. Now I will take a teaspoon a day.
Should I make it up and give it to the children? You'll have to send the Elderberries. I don't think they grow here. How about Blackberries. The Island seems to grow them by the ton.
Have to go to work now. Have a great day Cliff.;-)

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss

rosehip syrup is also a good idea, and it's getting to be perfect time to go picking.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Should I make it up and give it to the children? You'll have to send the Elderberries. I don't think they grow here. How about Blackberries. The Island seems to grow them by the ton.
Have to go to work now. Have a great day Cliff.;-)

Check your local health food store. They may have some or a product made from them. They are very good for kids. Blackberries won't do (as far as I know).

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Rosehips are serious vitamin C but I don't know if they are good as a flu remedy. Great for colds.
warding the flu off is necessary as well as remedying it.... I wasn't saying instead of, just... it's about that time to go pick the winter supplies. Raspberry leaves, clover buds, rosehips... I really should get out and stock up.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
There is a lot to say about private health care from the herbarium.

absolutely. When my kids were little, I invested in an encyclopedia about natural health care. While I don't use the homeopathic stuff I use a lot of herbs and essential oils.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
The WHO's numbers are not accurate. The UK has had over 100,000 cases.

The medical community as well as essential services (police, fire, utility, snow plow operators) will get the first crack at the vaccine (at least according to our local disaster plan). All the Chicken Little's will look pretty silly when these folks do quite well.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
The WHO's numbers are not accurate. The UK has had over 100,000 cases.

The medical community as well as essential services (police, fire, utility, snow plow operators) will get the first crack at the vaccine (at least according to our local disaster plan). All the Chicken Little's will look pretty silly when these folks do quite well.

Why use untested vaccines when thousands of years of herbal use has proven effective and if you pick it yourself, it is free. I still think this whole issue has more to do with Big Pharma making billions than it does with keeping the population healthy. It is not in their best interest to have a healthy population. But if you don't mind being a guinea pig, go right ahead. It is supposed to be a free country.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
500,000 die each year of the generic influenza, so what's the big deal; just wash your hands after you pee and you'll be fine. Slow day for news. Typical lefty drivel from Commune Network News.

Last edited:

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Because it hasn't been proven effective for starters.
You can't patent herbs but you can patent derivatives. But as in the case of pot, isolating THC for AIDs and Cancer patients has proven useless but profitable. The "active substances" in herbs work in harmony with the other substances in the herb to be effective, substances in isolation do not. Big Pharm has no intention in testing the effectiveness in herbs because there is no profit in it for them and if they proved the effectiveness, they would go out of business.