Epidemic Influenza And Vitamin D

Stretch

House Member
Feb 16, 2003
Australia
'Could vitamin D be the reason none of my patients got the flu? In the last several years, dozens of medical studies have called attention to worldwide vitamin D deficiency, especially among African Americans and the elderly, the two groups most likely to die from influenza. Cancer, heart disease, stroke, autoimmune disease, depression, chronic pain, depression, gum disease, diabetes, hypertension, and a number of other diseases have recently been associated with vitamin D deficiency. Was it possible that influenza was as well?'
Epidemic Influenza And Vitamin Dhttp://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/51913.php

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
'Could vitamin D be the reason none of my patients got the flu? In the last several years, dozens of medical studies have called attention to worldwide vitamin D deficiency, especially among African Americans and the elderly, the two groups most likely to die from influenza. Cancer, heart disease, stroke, autoimmune disease, depression, chronic pain, depression, gum disease, diabetes, hypertension, and a number of other diseases have recently been associated with vitamin D deficiency. Was it possible that influenza was as well?'
Epidemic Influenza And Vitamin D

Would vitamin D protect from the pandemic H1N1 swine flu that will hit people this fall?

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
It is true that all of us in the northern hemisphere are vitamin D deficient. I do take extra vitamin D, but not enough. When I chatted with our local chinese
medicine dr. he showed me how much he took each day, I was surprised, large
doses indeed. He said that even during our summers, we don't soak in as much Vit D
as we need, so maybe it is very important.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
If taken in conjunction with elderberry extract, jam, jelly or tincture, you can ward off pretty much any flu.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
AEMA (Alberta's emergency management organization) releases daily updates from forest fires to H1N1 concerns. Today's said that the UK just recorded it's 100,000 case of H1N1. Obviously this is not a particularly lethal bug.....yet.

Most people I've talked to are unaware that the numbers of cases are what they are though. Is the government hiding something? It's a conspiracy I tells ya!!!

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
AEMA (Alberta's emergency management organization) releases daily updates from forest fires to H1N1 concerns. Today's said that the UK just recorded it's 100,000 case of H1N1. Obviously this is not a particularly lethal bug.....yet.

Most people I've talked to are unaware that the numbers of cases are what they are though. Is the government hiding something? It's a conspiracy I tells ya!!!

8O Don't be usin' that "C" word! :smile: