Harper

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
nice Conservative tripe.

If only Conservatives MPs could lose the muzzle then they would be a respected by the voters

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
You fall in line with most social conservatives so I don't know what you're yipping about. :smile:

It's all about the Conservative MPs muzzle like that Conservative MP who forgot to put the muzzle on and gave a big chunk of change to the Gay Pride event in Toronto and was publicly humiliated and released from her position by the PMO.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
As opposed to the Hypogrits habit of lying?

After being questioned by the press as to why he wasn't following the promises made in his Red Book (his election platform), Martin said something like " The Red Book. Don't talk Red Book to me!! I wrote the gd thing and I know it's a load of crap"
So we have no information as opposed to disinformation. lmao

Polygong

Electoral Member
May 18, 2009
Between Ireland and Russia
My favourite: (16) Fixed Election Dates :lol:

This isn't so much a list of accomplishments as it is mostly a list of legislation passed. Big deal, such a list could be made for any past government.

GreenFish66

House Member
Apr 16, 2008
www.myspace.com
P.M. Stephen Harper, in a strong ,clear voice represented Canada well in the U.S....Personally I don't like the fact of giving way all our resources to energy sucking super powers,.like the U.S(with respect) and more specifically China(peace), but At least he did say we are going to strive toward Green energy ...(I as well as growing number of others will hold him to that ..:)

Green./Clean tech is the only chance at a long /healthy /prosperous /sustainable future.. It seems Harper (sorry, I guess that would be " P.M. " Harper) realizes this fact...

I am not a huge Harper fan but will give credit when credit is due..

I will still vote green :)

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
If Liberals, lead by the most incompetant nobody in recent years - yes, including Dion - had the interest of the country at heart, they would insist that Harper fulfill his promise of having Federal Elections at set times, rather than parrotting something that they NEVER HAVE, ANYWAYS: confidence in Conservatives.

They would let this government go and dig their own grave, until it would be time for next election.

But, appearently, smallmindedness and pettiness are the strongest suit and the hope of the Liberals.

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
My favourite: (16) Fixed Election Dates :lol:

This isn't so much a list of accomplishments as it is mostly a list of legislation passed. Big deal, such a list could be made for any past government.

This was a sham anyway. In practice, election date is not fixed, the opposition can bring the government down any time it wants, through a no confidence motion.

On the flip side, the government could dissolve the Parliament any time it wants and call an election. And that is what Harper did the last time. He dissolved the Parliament and called an election, presumably because he was confident of getting a majority.

So this act was strictly a PR job, a window dressing. In practice, it did not fix any dates.