Time To Kick The USA When It's Down, End Hyphenated Americanism

dumpthemonarchy

House Member
Jan 18, 2005
Vancouver
www.cynicsunlimited.com
We in Canada, Mexico, Honduras, Chile, Brazil are either North, South, Central, South or Latin Americans. Time to end the hyphenated Americans like we ended Irish, French, English, German, Chinese Canadians some years back.

Let's see who the USA lackeys are here.

Columbus discovered America, not the USA. Sorry.

dumpthemonarchy

House Member
Jan 18, 2005
Vancouver
www.cynicsunlimited.com
Canada needs to extend its range. Our "North America" only includes the US, the atlas says something different, as does NAFTA. Time for some efficient rationalization here, eliminate the prefix. We're all Americans from the Arctic to Tierra del Fuego.

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
We have to remember that this is a global economy that is in a crash and burn cycle where protectionism is becoming the norm so NAFTA will soon crumble because of the Buy American clause

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
We in Canada, Mexico, Honduras, Chile, Brazil are either North, South, Central, South or Latin Americans. Time to end the hyphenated Americans like we ended Irish, French, English, German, Chinese Canadians some years back.

What are you on about????

The Americans being called Americans???

We are too, but so are they....I mean the nation is the United States of America.........what would you have them call themselves........Statese???Unitarians??????

They can call themselves Americans if they like....I take no offense.....

Polygong

Electoral Member
May 18, 2009
Between Ireland and Russia
Although the US deserves to be chastised for not coming up with a proper name for their country opting instead for a vague description, I agree with Colpy, I have no need to describe myself as American.

Just curious, what word is used to refer to people form the United Arab Emirates?

The use of "North America" to refer to only to Canada and the US I think is incorrect though. It should include at least Mexico and really everything from Canada down to Panama including the Carribean. I think that's how geographer's generally define North America anyway.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Although the US deserves to be chastised for not coming up with a proper name for their country opting instead for a vague description, I agree with Colpy, I have no need to describe myself as American.

Just curious, what word is used to refer to people form the United Arab Emirates?

The use of "North America" to refer to only to Canada and the US I think is incorrect though. It should include at least Mexico and really everything from Canada down to Panama including the Carribean. I think that's how geographer's generally define North America anyway.
Not really. From the southern boarder of Mexico to Panama is Central America.

ironsides

Executive Branch Member
Feb 13, 2009
United States

Wrong, Columbus discovered the Bahamas (named it San Salvador), ., there was no America back then.

ironsides

Executive Branch Member
Feb 13, 2009
United States
Saint Brendan of Birr. Discovered America
Born 460, Tralee, County Kerry, Ireland
Died c.577 Annaghdown; buried Clonfert
Patronage boatmen, mariners, sailors, travelers, watermen, whales

ironsides

Executive Branch Member
Feb 13, 2009
United States
Mongols may have been here before Columbus, but they did not exist when man first discovered America 25-50 thousand years ago.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
There is much contention as to who and when America was first discovered. One
camp (the one I'm in) believes America has been discovered in successive waves
from several directions repeatedly.

The more we learn about the history of early America, the more we'll learn just how
little we know now, and how amazing that early history really was.