End Bankrupty in California, ...Tax Legalized POT!

How many non-smokers of "de'herb" how many tokers/jokers? As if we can't pick you out

• Been there done that don't care to return

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

bluedog

Electoral Member
Jun 16, 2009
Nebraska
Apparently NORML has went to work during these "tough economic times" to legalize marijuana again. 30 second TV spots. They propose to Tax it at the state level and that the coffers of the Schwarzenegger government will overflowing with cash in little to no time! Arnold?

Apparently California's millions of potheads, shining in the sun that got their hair slicked back and their wavefarers on feel that en masse: "the state's marijuana consumers are tired of being treated like criminals and should be allowed to pay their "fair share". Like a projected one billion a year.

Ya think? Hey, Canada is taxation the answer or will homegrown take over as the number one agricultural crop?:fish:

What about the Mexican Economy? lol!

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
Problem is, the industry built up around arresting, processing and inprisoning the people who use it now. Do you think someone is just going to give that up without a fight?

dumpthemonarchy

House Member
Jan 18, 2005
Vancouver
www.cynicsunlimited.com
But obviously, legalizing pot and other drugs is the way to go. In BC, grow-ops don't pay for their huge amounts of electricity they use, they wreck houses, and shoot each other in the streets.

I'd like to grow some organic pot on my patio and sell it to a legal processor and make some easy money. My southern exposure is quite good.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Problem is, the industry built up around arresting, processing and inprisoning the people who use it now. Do you think someone is just going to give that up without a fight?

The machine is already hard at work creating hysteria around the minimal health risks. You will notice that they never mention the risks relative to alcohol, nicotine, caffeine or prescription drugs. Way to much money enforcing the draconian pot laws.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
Just what California needs, a state full of zombies, driving on California's transit system, running it machines, administering its bureacracy, harvesting its crops. You might as well reduce the work day to 12:00 - 2:00 pm, so as not to cut into the general state of bliss

I haven't had a toke since my mid 20's, and i quit for a reason. Cannabis produces lethargy & paranoia.. irresponsibility, withdrawal, isolation & anti-social behaviour.. depression & psychosis with long term use.

And yes, it is far worse of a social plague than alcohol, which most people tolerate well and use moderately and socially, and does not form any persistent psychosis, neuroses and depression within those limits as weed does. With the today's genetically enhanced pot, you will get stoned on your first puff, there is no such thing as moderation.

I think the current situation is fairly stable.. keep personal use marijuana as a misdemeanor, ticketable offense. Don't ruin lives with a criminal record for what is part of growing up now, but don't legalize the stuff, either.

BTW. Marijuana is almost legal in California anyway, where medical marijuana laws allows any trumped up subjective diagnosis of insomnia, or psychological distress, an open perscription for it. There are doctors now who will give anyone that RX for $200, renewable every year, and have built their practices on it. Its benefits have never been medically proven, while the means of injestion, by smoking, will cause the same build up of tars and carcinogens as tobacco.

Keep marijuana illegal, ditch Free Trade, that'll solve California and America's economic problems (and ours).:smile:

Last edited:

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
I haven't had a toke since my mid 20's, and i quit for a reason. Cannabis produces lethargy, paranoia, irresponsibility, withdrawal, isolation, anti-social behaviour and psychosis with long term use.

You say that like it is a bad thing. 8O

For some people with schizophrenia and other mental health issues, pot can bring about psychotic behaviour. Most people just get mellow. I personally don't like being zombified but I know plenty of people who are creative and productive on pot and a whole lot less aggressive than alcohol consumers.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Just what California needs, a state full of zombies, driving on California's transit system, running it machines, administering its bureacracy, harvesting its crops. You might as well reduce the work day from 12:00 to 2:00 pm, so as not to cut into the general state of bliss

Ummm....12:00 to 2:00 pm would cut into Siesta time. You'll have to reschedule. ;-)

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
just what california needs, a state full of zombies, driving on california's transit system, running it machines, administering its bureacracy, harvesting its crops. You might as well reduce the work day to 12:00 - 2:00 pm, so as not to cut into the general state of bliss

i haven't had a toke since my mid 20's, and i quit for a reason. Cannabis produces lethargy & paranoia.. Irresponsibility, withdrawal, isolation & anti-social behaviour.. Depression & psychosis with long term use.

And yes, it is far worse of a social plague than alcohol, which most people tolerate well and use moderately and socially, and does not form any persistent psychosis, neuroses and depression within those limits as weed does. With the today's genetically enhanced pot, you will get stoned on your first puff, there is no such thing as moderation.

I think the current situation is fairly stable.. Keep personal use marijuana as a misdemeanor, ticketable offense. Don't ruin lives with a criminal record for what is part of growing up now, but don't legalize the stuff, either.

Btw. Marijuana is almost legal in california anyway, where medical marijuana laws allows any trumped up subjective diagnosis of insomnia, or psychological distress, an open perscription for it. There are doctors now who will give anyone that rx for $200, renewable every year, and have built their practices on it. Its benefits have never been medically proven, while the means of injestion, by smoking, will cause the same build up of tars and carcinogens as tobacco.

Keep marijuana illegal, ditch free trade, that'll solve california and america's economic problems (and ours).:smile:

lol!

bluedog

Electoral Member
Jun 16, 2009
Nebraska
I haven't had a toke since my mid 20's, and i quit for a reason. Cannabis produces lethargy, paranoia, irresponsibility, withdrawal, isolation, anti-social behaviour and psychosis with long term use.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

You say that like it is a bad thing. 8O

For some people with schizophrenia and other mental health issues, pot can bring about psychotic behaviour. Most people just get mellow. I personally don't like being zombified but I know plenty of people who are creative and productive on pot and a whole lot less aggressive than alcohol consumers.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Cliff, at times I think you are an artist, with words, a wordsmith, my compliments to you brother. Tell me. When at your workspace- what comes out while YOU are tokin' and jokin' Zombie art?
You use terms "loosely" in your statement, perhaps for effect. You said... "Plenty of people, creative, productive... then less aggressive...." in the same sentence. For You, as a wordsmith, is not less aggressive synonymous with less motivated regards marijuana? If so, why not? Please explain. I ask because...

Mellow vs Aggression... Is it... Just less motivated, or merely a movement without collision? Or no movement at all? It makes a difference in your definition.
Cliffy when you site "plenty" of people creative and productive, it makes a difference? I think that statement is fallacious.
I believe the sentence CANNOT be true by the choice of words and definition, simply because. ....We do not know the POTENTIAL of Zombies, as to creativity, and production while not Zombified.

When I, and you... smoked- I and you, were very much Less Productive, a given actually. I was not motivated though at times- I thought I actually was-... but not like today.

Cliffy if I was creative, on rare occasions it was in my own mind, at the behest and encouragement of other stoners- an inefficient evaluation. Sound familiar? You see I was just... confused... or "Zombified" like you.

Finally I cannot therefore see any "sizeable" group, let alone "plenty of", less or inefficient artists as you suggest as more creative or productive. We still do not know the individuals potential. But Cliffy... Hey, at least they weren't fightin' right!

Otherwise you are usually a wordsmith lol !!!:fish:

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I'd be happy if sports fans were baked rather than drunk. Then they'd realize that baseball is really really boring and should be full contact with tackling instead of tagging them out.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Cliff, at times I think you are an artist, with words, a wordsmith, my compliments to you brother. Tell me. When at your workspace- what comes out while YOU are tokin' and jokin' Zombie art?
You use terms "loosely" in your statement, perhaps for effect. You said... "Plenty of people, creative, productive... then less aggressive...." in the same sentence. For You, as a wordsmith, is not less aggressive synonymous with less motivated regards marijuana? If so, why not? Please explain. I ask because...

Mellow vs Aggression... Is it... Just less motivated, or merely a movement without collision? Or no movement at all? It makes a difference in your definition.
Cliffy when you site "plenty" of people creative and productive, it makes a difference? I think that statement is fallacious.
I believe the sentence CANNOT be true by the choice of words and definition, simply because. ....We do not know the POTENTIAL of Zombies, as to creativity, and production while not Zombified.

When I, and you... smoked- I and you, were very much Less Productive, a given actually. I was not motivated though at times- I thought I actually was-... but not like today.

Cliffy if I was creative, on rare occasions it was in my own mind, at the behest and encouragement of other stoners- an inefficient evaluation. Sound familiar? You see I was just... confused... or "Zombified" like you.

Finally I cannot therefore see any "sizeable" group, let alone "plenty of", less or inefficient artists as you suggest as more creative or productive. We still do not know the individuals potential. But Cliffy... Hey, at least they weren't fightin' right!

Otherwise you are usually a wordsmith lol !!!:fish:

You are judging people based on your experiences with pot. Pot affects different people in different ways, Some have very active imaginations, some have very little brain function at all. Some like to sit around and relax, some get motivated to work. Some of the best artists and graphic artists I know can't draw a straight line if they are not stoned.

A friend of mine designed and painted all the murals that adorned the buildings in Quesnel while stoned out of his gourd. They were all extremely detailed and exquisitely executed. I have never seen anybody who could paint a commercial sign freehand the way he did and the finished product looked like it had been created in a computer and that was before computers.

I have seen some really intricate and beautiful fine furniture and cabinetry built by artists that were stoned throughout the process. I know quite a few people who just do laborious jobs like house cleaning, janitorial work, nurses and lawyers, members of just about every profession who smoke to relax before they go to work, and are able to function and be productive, sometimes even more so than straight people. So your observations have been different than mine.

Personally, I can't function very well at all, so I do not smoke any more, even recreationally. Just because it doesn't work for me, doesn't mean it doesn't work for others. Just like your beliefs don't work for me, I can see how they might work for you. I wouldn't be so pretentious to think that I know better how others should live their lives.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Ban sugar. Insuline knocks more people into zombie states than any other bio-chemical reaction on the planet.

Have a nice day!

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
You are judging people based on your experiences with pot. Pot affects different people in different ways, Some have very active imaginations, some have very little brain function at all. Some like to sit around and relax, some get motivated to work. Some of the best artists and graphic artists I know can't draw a straight line if they are not stoned.

A friend of mine designed and painted all the murals that adorned the buildings in Quesnel while stoned out of his gourd. They were all extremely detailed and exquisitely executed. I have never seen anybody who could paint a commercial sign freehand the way he did and the finished product looked like it had been created in a computer and that was before computers.

I have seen some really intricate and beautiful fine furniture and cabinetry built by artists that were stoned throughout the process. I know quite a few people who just do laborious jobs like house cleaning, janitorial work, nurses and lawyers, members of just about every profession who smoke to relax before they go to work, and are able to function and be productive, sometimes even more so than straight people. So your observations have been different than mine.

Personally, I can't function very well at all, so I do not smoke any more, even recreationally. Just because it doesn't work for me, doesn't mean it doesn't work for others. Just like your beliefs don't work for me, I can see how they might work for you. I wouldn't be so pretentious to think that I know better how others should live their lives.
It is about the only way to do some jobs like fine furniture and sometimes welding. Also weeding the garden.
How to make an instant asshole: Take a relatively normal person and add alcohol.