If the US Miliary Machine convinces Obama Will Canadians Bros Willingly Fight Korea?

bluedog

Electoral Member
Jun 16, 2009
Nebraska
I just wondered why your government, no matter who is in charge, always seems to go lockstep with the British? You Agree? Would you all commit to another massive troop deployment to stave off the next brutal dictator? Afterall, Saddam H was "our man" when he exiled Khomeini, next door to Iran. lol!
I'm quite sure without ANOTHER massive Joint effort we will be called upon to draft a generation of "gamers" who no nothing but laying on the couch with a beer in their hand.
I give up, I'm movin' north with the next flock of Blue Heron!!! lol !!!

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
If the US Miliary Machine convinces Obama Will Canadians Bros Willingly Fight Korea?

I just wondered why your government, no matter who is in charge, always seems to go lockstep with the British? You Agree? Would you all commit to another massive troop deployment to stave off the next brutal dictator? Afterall, Saddam H was "our man" when he exiled Khomeini, next door to Iran. lol!
I'm quite sure without ANOTHER massive Joint effort we will be called upon to draft a generation of "gamers" who no nothing but laying on the couch with a beer in their hand.

Lockstep like when America went into Iraq with the British, and Canada didn't?
That kind of Lockstep? 8O

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005

God. The British often accuse us of being in lockstep with the U.S.. One of the most "brutal" dictators was the Shah, who was installed by the Brits and the U.S..

Operation Iraq Freedom was a disaster from the start. Rather than rooting out Saddam Hussein, they should have shot all the Ayatollahs.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
I just wondered why your government, no matter who is in charge, always seems to go lockstep with the British? You Agree?

I am sure many Canadians would not agree.

Would you all commit to another massive troop deployment to stave off the next brutal dictator?

Outside of the world wars...can you name another?

Mind you my Canadian friends that this is just a question directed to the gentleman from Nebraska and NOT a dig against Canada.

Afterall, Saddam H was "our man" when he exiled Khomeini, next door to Iran. lol!

Afterall?

Wha- Wha- WHAT! 8O

What the heck are you talking about?

What are you talking about!?!?!

I highly doubt the Canadians want you up there.

bluedog

Electoral Member
Jun 16, 2009
Nebraska
Obviousy I must apolgize.

Please pardon me for not being properly informed. I have heard of the powerful price Canada has paid in manpower and money in the arena of Afghanistan. It was my dreadful mistake to include you in the current conflict in Iraq, I apologize again.
I had a wrong recollection that the contributions of Canada in the Desert Storm Debacle were afterward extended to 'limited troop' participation in the war on the southern coast of Iraq today. **Obviously any lockstep remark was extremely inappropriate!

At any rate thoughts today were regards the recent threat of N Korea after they announced that any boarding of its vessels in the open sea would be "an act of War". Including any boarding by UN sanction.

World news has reported in this country that "intelligence recently received" (here we go again) assured the US that there were short range missle and fissionable nuclear material placed on board a vessel that recently left N. Korea.
I am much more concerned about a -military draft- being instituted here as we are stretched so thin in the Middle East.

I was against the Vietnam war in my day and the draft then. I also would oppose any war personally, but Especially- any conflict NOT involving full UN participation.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Bluedog...

You wrote that the US helped Saddam Hussein overthrow Khomeni. That we provided missles and nerve agents and flew air cover for Saddam and Iraq.

Have you lost your mind? The Ayatolla Khomeni was never overthrown by the US OR Iraq. He died peacefully in Iran as their Supreme Ruler.

You say you are in your 50's... where have you been? Does anyone in Nebraska have a TV? Newspaper?