Canada A Lackey To USA in Marc Emery Extradtition, Free Marc Emery!!!!!

dumpthemonarchy

House Member
Jan 18, 2005
Vancouver
www.cynicsunlimited.com
Saw a documentary last night on the CBC how our lackey federal govt is not resisting what is essentially a political attack on Marc Emery in trying to extradite him. It is also an attack on our political system from the anti-drug zealots in the Drug Enforcement Administration DEA, which has offices in Canada. The RCMP are their toadies.

This is why Harper is a second rate politician. In this extradition case, he should tell the DEA to get lost. close their offices in Ottawa and Vancouver.

Canada's 'Prince of Pot' Marc Emery to plead guilty in U.S. marijuana case
Canada's 'Prince of Pot' Marc Emery to plead guilty in U.S. marijuana case

By Amy Husser, Canwest News Service June 5, 2009

Pot activist Marc Emery, pictured lighting up at Vancouver's 4/20 rally on April 20. Canada's self-proclaimed 'Prince of Pot' will plead guilty this summer in a Seattle court in hopes of serving a shorter sentence — and one in Canada.

Photograph by: Jack Simpson file, Vancouver Province

Canada's self-proclaimed "Prince of Pot" will plead guilty this summer in a Seattle court in hopes of serving a shorter sentence — and one in Canada.
Marc Emery is facing three drug-related counts in relation to his 2005 arrest stemming from a mail-order marijuana-seed distribution business he ran from 1998 to 2005, selling seeds to both Canadians and Americans.

The charges of conspiracy to distribute and conspiracy to launder money will be dropped in exchange for his guilty plea of conspiracy to manufacture.

"My lawyer of four years (Ian Donaldson) just said to me straight, 'Marc, the United States has never lost an extradition request when asking Canada,'" said Emery, from his Vancouver office at Cannabis Culture Thursday. "(He said) 'I don't know of any law or anything I can do to help you avoid extradition, so therefore I believe this is your best option.'"

If convicted, he could face life in prison. An extradition hearing scheduled for this week was adjourned.

"There was pressure at all levels to speed everything up because it's been four years now," said Emery. He has been fighting extradition ever since his arrest following an 18-month joint investigation by U.S. and Canadian officials.

His lawyer will argue for a zero- to five-year sentence, to be served in Canada, compared to the five to eight years Emery expects U.S. attorney Todd Greenberg to push for. He is also likely to get day parole in 18 months to two years under the Canadian system.

Emery said mitigating factors may lessen the sentence, such as the transparent operation of the business and the fact he gave away all of the money the company earned — about $4 million — to activist groups.

And Emery sounded surprisingly upbeat about his decision to plead guilty.

"For me, I'm resigned to it," said Emery, adding he plans on surviving prison by having lots of projects. "I'm going to learn Spanish in jail, and French. I will write a lot and keep really busy because the enemy of mental health in jail is boredom. You can't let yourself get bored because otherwise life goes by very slowly."

Last month, two of Emery's associates — Michelle Rainey and Gregory Williams, both of Vancouver — voluntarily appeared in court to resolve related charges. Sentencing in that case is slated for July 17.

© Copyright (c) The Vancouver Sun

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Political prisoner... lol.

It is illegal...change the law or obey the law.

But if you get busted don't whine...and do your time.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
When a law is unjust, it's not called whining. In fact, how do you go about changing it without letting other people know. And then only to be called a whiner?

LMAO

dumpthemonarchy

House Member
Jan 18, 2005
Vancouver
www.cynicsunlimited.com
Marc Emery is a political prisoner and this is Canada's shame.

You're kidding, right?

Actually, he could be a political prisoner.

They said on the CBC that you can buy pot seeds in the US. So Emery is being persecuted because spends almost all of the money he makes off selling seeds for very public political protests and activism. The zealots in the USA, especially in the DEA hate this, so they want to jail him to keep him quiet. That sounds political to me.

Why is Canada even discussing extraditing someone who pays taxes and we have put up with his antics for decades? They showed examples on the doc how the police just don't worry about Emery much. This infuriates US authorities. The police here are more reasonable, the public does not support aggressive action and pot does not have the broken bodies like crack and heroin.

The show discusses how articles in the Wall Street Journal discussing Emery quickly cause action in Canada, within a few weeks. It is the action of a lackey, the fed govt, leading a so-called independent nation like Canada to bow to political pressure from another country.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
Realisitcally, how much money would the DEA lose if marijuana were to be regulated, and that funding instead given to ATF?

If the DEA seizes about $1.5 Billion a year in drug assets, and $500 million in drugs, out of a total US drug supply of $64 Billion a year....

How much better could ATF handle things? It's certainly better for the tax coffers. The safety issue is because it's an illegal good.

Seems like a no-brainer, except of course from the DEA's viewpoint...

trukker

Jun 4, 2009
do you know a single person--anyone-- that does hard drugs ,that didn't start out with marijuana???

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
do you know a single person--anyone-- that does hard drugs ,that didn't start out with marijuana???

What an asinine statement. In our society, sugar is the first drug that kids experiment with altered consciousness. Then they move on to caffeine, nicotine. Those are your gateway drugs. Most hard core drug addicts started with prescription drugs, mostly pain killers like codeine and then had to move up the ladder to heroine and cocaine.

Pot rarely factors into the hard drug equation. Besides its obvious high, it is very useful for many ailments including menstrual cramps, migraine headaches, chronic back pain and muscle spasms. And to say that it hasn't been proven by medical science is ludicrous.

The Pharmaceutical companies cannot patent a wild plant so they do not want people using it because there is no money in it for them. But thousands of years of medicinal use by just about every culture on the planet proves it is a medicinal plant.

The US has no business interfering in Canadian politics or arresting our citizens for using a relatively harmless drug. Harper is weenie, a$$ kissing jerk to allow this travesty of human rights and justice to defile our sovereign nation. He should be locked in a cell with Bubba.

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
Actually, he could be a political prisoner.

They said on the CBC that you can buy pot seeds in the US. So Emery is being persecuted because spends almost all of the money he makes off selling seeds for very public political protests and activism. The zealots in the USA, especially in the DEA hate this, so they want to jail him to keep him quiet. That sounds political to me.

Why is Canada even discussing extraditing someone who pays taxes and we have put up with his antics for decades? They showed examples on the doc how the police just don't worry about Emery much. This infuriates US authorities. The police here are more reasonable, the public does not support aggressive action and pot does not have the broken bodies like crack and heroin.

The show discusses how articles in the Wall Street Journal discussing Emery quickly cause action in Canada, within a few weeks. It is the action of a lackey, the fed govt, leading a so-called independent nation like Canada to bow to political pressure from another country.

I agree that this is the case. This is nothing more than abuse of authority to harrass a political opponent to the point that they stop being an opponent.

As to the Gateway Drug myth:

Marijuana does not cause people to use hard drugs. What the gateway theory presents as a causal explanation is a statistic association between common and uncommon drugs, an association that changes over time as different drugs increase and decrease in prevalence. Marijuana is the most popular illegal drug in the United States today. Therefore, people who have used less popular drugs such as heroin, cocaine, and LSD, are likely to have also used marijuana. Most marijuana users never use any other illegal drug. Indeed, for the large majority of people, marijuana is a terminus rather than a gateway drug.
  • Morral, Andrew R.; McCaffrey, Daniel F. and Susan M. Paddock. “Reassessing the marijuana gateway effect.” Addiction 97.12 (2002): 1493-504.
  • United States. National Household Survey on Drug Abuse: Population Estimates 1994. Rockville, MD: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, 1995.
  • ---. National Household Survey on Drug Abuse: Main Findings 1994. Rockville, MD: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, 1996.
  • D.B. Kandel and M. Davies, “Progression to Regular Marijuana Involvement: Phenomenology and Risk Factors for Near-Daily Use,” Vulnerability to Drug Abuse, Eds. M. Glantz and R. Pickens. Washington, D.C.: American Psychological Association, 1992: 211-253.

dumpthemonarchy

House Member
Jan 18, 2005
Vancouver
www.cynicsunlimited.com
Emery will be a political prisoner if he does jail time in the US.

Mexico and Canada are thinking of legalizing pot. So are many US states. This is no longer radical thinking, it fact it has wide popular support.

In the recent BC election all three candidates when asked about marijuana during the televised debate gave boilerplate answers. Good Canadian children that wouldn't do anything to ruffle Uncle Sam's feathers. It was a good reason for me not to vote for why Carol James and could be why the NDP lost the election. People want a bit of change nowadays. Our pols are drones, so programmed.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
When a law is unjust, it's not called whining. In fact, how do you go about changing it without letting other people know. And then only to be called a whiner?

LMAO

Where you really LYAO?

The part I thought that was funny was that he is being called a political prisoner...that did make me laugh. He's a drug user and is being accused of distributing...or intent to distribute.

I honestly have no problem with people blazing...but it is against the law. I think alcohol is more destructive but it is legal.

Reactions: Tonington

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I find it hard to believe that Emery didn't know he was breaking US law, thus, hard to pity him.

If one wants to protest our country's laws... giddy up. But, what legal protection should we be offering when they choose to go break the laws of other countries?