china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
[SIZE=+1]Student who threw shoe at Chinese PM cleared of any offence[/SIZE]
China National News
Wednesday 3rd June, 2009
(ANI)

London, June 3: Martin Jahnke the student who threw a shoe at Chinese Prime Minister Wen Jiabao has been cleared of any offence, after the Cambridge Magistrates' Court found him not guilty in a two-day trial.

The district judge said that there was insufficient evidence to prove Jahnke guilty of causing harassment or distress to the Chinese Prime Minister.

District Judge Ken Sheraton told Jahnke that the not guilty verdict should not be seen as an indication that the court condoned his behaviour.

"I am very pleased with the result. I would like to thank all those members of the public who have supported me, including the Chinese community. I hope now attention can move away from me to the real issue of human rights in China," Jahnke said after the hearing.

Jahanke a medical researcher at Cambridge University had disrupted a speech being given by the Chinese Prime Minister on April 2, 2009.

He had blown a whistle and termed the Chinese leader a "dictator", saying the university had "prostituted" itself by allowing Wen Jiabao to speak, he had then thrown his left training shoe towards the stage, The Telegraph reported.

SteveBee

May 11, 2009
There are obviously better ways of voicing your opinion but at the same time at least he chose a relatively harmless projectile to fire at the stage! :lol:

Scott Free

House Member
May 9, 2007
BC
There are obviously better ways of voicing your opinion

I hear this claim all the time but I would love to know the reasoning behind it. People say protest shouldn't be violent but ignore the fact that government is rule by force and routinely uses violence to enforce edicts. The only reason democracies and freedom exist (to the extent it does) is because of violence or its threat (see the French revolution).

So really what is the warrant for the claim? I'm really curious because it sounds like preprogrammed double think to me..

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
Throwing shoes is obvoiusly the best thing idiots are able to do.

No valid questions, no valid opinions, no valid and justifiable existence.

The best example Muslims can show to the decadent Western world.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
I hear this claim all the time but I would love to know the reasoning behind it. People say protest shouldn't be violent but ignore the fact that government is rule by force and routinely uses violence to enforce edicts. The only reason democracies and freedom exist (to the extent it does) is because of violence or its threat (see the French revolution).

So really what is the warrant for the claim? I'm really curious because it sounds like preprogrammed double think to me..

...or brainwashing, which is after all the foundation of democracy. Every form of government relies on brainwashing (propaganda) to maintain its strangle hold on the population, just like religion.

Scott Free

House Member
May 9, 2007
BC

It is valid though because it demonstrates people are pissed off and next time it might be a bullet. It is up to the ruling elites to figure out what people are upset about if they don't want to lose their heads. It's the cost of wanting to be the boss of everybody.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC

I thought strapping on a bomb was their preferred method of expressing their dislike of all things Western.:lol:

Scott Free

House Member
May 9, 2007
BC
...or brainwashing, which is after all the foundation of democracy. Every form of government relies on brainwashing (propaganda) to maintain its strangle hold on the population, just like religion.

Absolutely!

Foucault calls it confinement technology.

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
"I thought strapping on a bomb was their preferred method of expressing their dislike of all things Western."

Throwing shoes is just an attempt by the murderous and homicidal Muslims to show that they have a gentle, human side.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Whatever happened to the neat practise of mooning people you thought were not worthy of respect?

It appears to be a lost art form. There is also the pressed ham (pressing your butt against glass) or the waffle (pressing your butt against a screen). Classics from the sixties! :lol:

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
"Whatever happened to the neat practise of mooning people you thought were not worthy of respect."

Your question proves that even the most despicable Muslims who are ready and willing to kill innocent people are still above, morally, of those politically correct wretches, who think that America (or by extention, the West) is always the first to blame.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
"Whatever happened to the neat practise of mooning people you thought were not worthy of respect."

Your question proves that even the most despicable Muslims who are ready and willing to kill innocent people are still above, morally, of those politically correct wretches, who think that America (or by extention, the West) is always the first to blame.
Please explain how my joke proves anything?