Al Gore’s) Venture capital firm set to reap rewards on swine flu

Stretch

House Member
Feb 16, 2003
Australia
Al Gore’s) Venture capital firm set to reap rewards on swine flu (along with Donald Rumsfeld)

Tags: SCIENCE/HEALTH/CLIMATE/NATURE
(Another payday in the making for Al Gore. His venture capital firm is heavily invested in swine flu vaccines as well as Global warming money making schemes. Wow, what a week for Al, huh? And look who he’s connected with this time; Donald Rumsfeld.)
(Al Gore’s) Venture capital firm set to reap rewards on swine flu (along with Donald Rumsfeld) « American Everyman

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Al Gore’s) Venture capital firm set to reap rewards on swine flu (along with Donald Rumsfeld)

Tags: SCIENCE/HEALTH/CLIMATE/NATURE
(Another payday in the making for Al Gore. His venture capital firm is heavily invested in swine flu vaccines as well as Global warming money making schemes. Wow, what a week for Al, huh? And look who he’s connected with this time; Donald Rumsfeld.)
(Al Gore’s) Venture capital firm set to reap rewards on swine flu (along with Donald Rumsfeld) « American Everyman
And to think, I was chastised greatly for saying he was a profiteering shyster, well before this.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Noooo... He's a visionary! A prophet (albeit self-proclaimed)... An Oracle!.... This isn't true... There's got to be some eco-friendly explanation.

I know, he's going to take all of the money and invest it in big diesel busses for Suzuki so he can travel the world in comfort whilst preaching teh good-word.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Noooo... He's a visionary! A prophet (albeit self-proclaimed)... An Oracle!.... This isn't true... There's got to be some eco-friendly explanation.

I know, he's going to take all of the money and invest it in big diesel busses for Suzuki so he can travel the world in comfort whilst preaching teh good-word.

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
So what is the problem Stretch? Just because Gore promotes global warming (and is so good at it), he isn’t allowed to make money? I say good for him. And to Rumsfeld as well. The politics of both these gentlemen is behind them, they are not in politics any longer. They are entrepreneurs. I say good luck to both of them. If they are making a bundle as a result of the swine flue pandemic, more power to them.

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
I'd LOVE to see Al Gore debate anyone on Global Warming. Never happens though...8O

Gore is a very capable and expert debater. He won all his three debates with Bush (and his debate with Dan Quayle in 1992). He debated free trade with Perot on Larry King and demolished Perot.

So if he debates global warming with anybody chances are very good that Gore will win the debate. But I agree with you, I don’t see that happening.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Gore is a very capable and expert debater. He won all his three debates with Bush (and his debate with Dan Quayle in 1992). He debated free trade with Perot on Larry King and demolished Perot.

So if he debates global warming with anybody chances are very good that Gore will win the debate. But I agree with you, I don’t see that happening.

I think Al Gore hugely Promotes Global Warming (or Cooling, or Climate
Change) as that directly increases his Financial Portfolio, yet he doesn't
ever debate anyone on the above subject(s?) due to the fact that any
opposing facts would decrease the value of his Financial Portfolio and
influence through fear over many Governments that fear bucking the tide
of one-sided (lopsided?) information. If Mr. Gore is a very capable and
expert debater (and of this I have no doubt), yet refuses to accept any &
all challenges to debate this subject...what does that tell you?

I know what it tells me...

If I'm wrong, then I'm wrong....but if I'm right, Al Gore is a very dangerous
guy and ranks right up there (or is it down there?) with many of the CEO's
that have been convicted of embezzling wealth and contributing to the financial
meltdown that has harmed so many people. A REAL & OPEN debate on
Global Warming/Cooling/Climate Change has to take place including not only
Scientists....but all the Blowhard Talking Heads so that People (& their Governments)
can take whatever steps needed (or can avoid many costly steps not needed) as
this affects everyone.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I think Al Gore hugely Promotes Global Warming (or Cooling, or Climate
Change) as that directly increases his Financial Portfolio, yet he doesn't
ever debate anyone on the above subject(s?) due to the fact that any
opposing facts would decrease the value of his Financial Portfolio and
influence through fear over many Governments that fear bucking the tide
of one-sided (lopsided?) information. If Mr. Gore is a very capable and
expert debater (and of this I have no doubt), yet refuses to accept any &
all challenges to debate this subject...what does that tell you?

I know what it tells me...

If I'm wrong, then I'm wrong....but if I'm right, Al Gore is a very dangerous
guy and ranks right up there (or is it down there?) with many of the CEO's
that have been convicted of embezzling wealth and contributing to the financial
meltdown that has harmed so many people. A REAL & OPEN debate on
Global Warming/Cooling/Climate Change has to take place including not only
Scientists....but all the Blowhard Talking Heads so that People (& their Governments)
can take whatever steps needed (or can avoid many costly steps not needed) as
this affects everyone.
You're not wrong Ron, you've hit the nail on the head. I thought this the moment I heard he held a carbon trading company.

He's the modern equivalent of a snake oil salesman. Just shinier and more slick.

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
I am not sure Gore debating anybody would settle anything, Ron. Global warming supporters will claim Gore won, opponents will claim that his opponent won.

Thus, when Gore won all these debates (against Bush and Quayle), Republicans still claimed that their candidate won the debate (nobody claimed that Perot won, he didn’t have a political party standing behind him).

The debate has to take place, but in the scientific community, not among politicians. And I understand the debate has already taken place, the consensus is that global warming (or climate change, whatever one wants to call it) is real and that mankind is partly to blame.

If there indeed is a consensus, then it is now up to the politicians to decide what action, if any they want to take. I understand Obama is proposing some action. To McCain’s credit, he was also aware of the perils of climate change, and he was in agreement with Obama on this issue. If he had been elected, he would have taken some action as well.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
As far as a consensus goes, I don't think there is one, and yet only
one side of the issue seems to get any substantive publicity. Many
scientist sound like they disagree that there's a consensus on this
subject. It's easy to get inundated with Global Warming Advocates
even unintentionally, but someone has to hunt for the other side of
the story....and not everyone does. Al Gore accepting an invitation
to debate this would get BOTH sides out into the open. I think
that alone is why it doesn't happen. The debate has to take place
and involve not only scientists, but Governments and those that
have the Public's ear like Al Gore....Big Al can have 100 scientists
in his corner if he stumbles...

Snake Oil (as far as I know) was never pushed to be mandated upon
a Nations entire population....and serious talk of many Nations
either adopting Carbon trading or having this forced upon them
in order to continue international trade with others that adopt it.

What if, without a real Public debate, we find out in hindsight that
the whole Carbon Trading thing is a complete and utter sham, but
only after it costs 100's of billions of dollars? That's spooky...

There's a big difference between some action, and the right action.
Sorry if I've hijacked this thread & can start another if need be.

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
According to Wikipedia, pertaining to the 2000 presidential debates, Gore looked like a "phoney politician, not like a sincere leader" in the first debate. "Too reticent" in the second debate. "Too aggressive" in the third debate.

Even Gore, himself acknowledged that his performances in the first two debates were akin to the porridge in the Goldilocks and the Bear Family story: too hot, then too cold (or was it vice versa?) and then hoped that the third one was "just right". He was wrong, then, too.

His expertise in climatology is exactly the same as his expertise in winning elections: slim and none, swallowed only by nodding acolytes.

And when "Global Warming" obviously does not work change it to "Climate Change".

Since we just had Earth Day, I looked up some of the quotes on the first Earth Day. Do a Google and have a laugh. And ask how come we are still here?

Last edited:

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
According to Wikipedia, pertaining to the 2000 presidential debates, Gore looked like a "phoney politician, not like a sincere leader" in the first debate. "Too reticent" in the second debate. "Too aggressive" in the third debate.

That may be, Yukon Jack. But opinion polls indicated that Gore won all the three debates (I think there were three) with Bush.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Opinion polls immediately after the first debate showed that a Gore had won the debate however the reality is that he lost it. As it became clear that he exaggerated his own accomplishments, he lost credibility and support. The fact is that Gore's ratings were hurt by the debates and Bush's were helped. Therefore Bush won the debates and the opinion polls favoring Gore were just a snap shot of a moment in time.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Is the assumption here that Al Gore launched the swine flu in yet another conspiracy? Unfreakin believable.

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
Is the assumption here that Al Gore launched the swine flu in yet another conspiracy? Unfreakin believable.

Why certainly, Kreskin. The right and the far right would believe anything of Gore. Maybe Gore started Swine flu pandemic to reduce the world’s population and thus reduce the greenhouse gases.

The fact that he makes money in the process is I assume an added bonus to him.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
I am not sure Gore debating anybody would settle anything, Ron. Global warming supporters will claim Gore won, opponents will claim that his opponent won.

Thus, when Gore won all these debates (against Bush and Quayle), Republicans still claimed that their candidate won the debate (nobody claimed that Perot won, he didn’t have a political party standing behind him).

How sweet is this!

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Gore would get rolled over in any Global Warming debate. He knows it is a farce and he knows he could not stand up to his critics.

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
What a turkey this guy is. A complete hypocrite. A person with one of the largest carbon footprints in the world. Heavily invested in enterprises that will profit.. he thinks.. from environmental and population collapse.

But what goes around, comes around, often to the front door of palatial estates.. when one least expects it.