Ontario HRC Secrecy, Ezra L cont.

dumpthemonarchy

House Member
Jan 18, 2005
Vancouver
www.cynicsunlimited.com
Due to a highjacked thread, here is a new Ezra Levant thread discussing HRCs.

Punch in BC, Alberta, Newfoundland, Nova Scotia Human Rights on google and you can easily find and read the decisions made by their Human Rights Commissions. Ontario on the other hand does not publish its decisions for the public to read, they are secret and rightly a source of scandal that Levant decries.

These HRCs discuss job loss, discrimination in living accomodations, severance pay, which are real issues. It is Ontario that can't keep its HRC under control.

Ontario's problems are not Canada's problems, although that is what the media would have us believe. Ontario's web page is a long sad list of links discussing Issues, Resources and Public Education. It's all about evangelical fundamentalist harangues. They are entirely opaque here.

Ontario Human Rights Commission

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario

Punch in BC, Alberta, Newfoundland, Nova Scotia Human Rights on google and you can easily find and read the decisions made by their Human Rights Commissions. Ontario on the other hand does not publish its decisions for the public to read, they are secret and rightly a source of scandal that Levant decries.

These HRCs discuss job loss, discrimination in living accomodations, severance pay, which are real issues. It is Ontario that can't keep its HRC under control.

Ontario's problems are not Canada's problems, although that is what the media would have us believe. Ontario's web page is a long sad list of links discussing Issues, Resources and Public Education. It's all about evangelical fundamentalist harangues. They are entirely opaque here.

I agree, but that does not remove the problems with the whole of the HRC's across the country.

They are a quasi judicial body that has the capacity to wield far to great an authority that does not come under scrutiny.

Therefore they need to be seriously overhauled or scrapped. Leaving the queries into discrimination to sanctioned , reasoned, objective legal bodies.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004

Then I guess the people of Ontario should get their shyte together and do something about it....shouldn't they..... instead of whining and bitching about ALL HRC's in general, when in fact it is only THEIR HRC that they have allowed to get out of hand.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Then I guess the people of Ontario should get their shyte together and do something about it....shouldn't they..... instead of whining and bitching about ALL HRC's in general, when in fact it is only THEIR HRC that they have allowed to get out of hand.
Seeing as it was the AHRC that put Levant through the kangaroo court, I guess you should stick to raking your own backyard first. Before telling me to rake mine...;-)

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Seeing as it was the AHRC that put Levant through the kangaroo court, I guess you should stick to raking your own backyard first. Before telling me to rake mine...;-)

Considering the AHRC didn't find him at fault, the only thing he has to bitch about is the money that his "followers" had to fork out. As far as I am concerned, the AHRC made a mistake, the only solice I have is the fact that his racist rag went tits up during the whole procedure.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Considering the AHRC didn't find him at fault, the only thing he has to bitch about is the money that his "followers" had to fork out. As far as I am concerned, the AHRC made a mistake, the only solice I have is the fact that his racist rag went tits up during the whole procedure.
And that has what to do with your original statement?

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
And that has what to do with your original statement?

aside from the AHRC making the mistake of letting this twit off the hook, I don't have a problem with the AHRC..... if those of you in Ontario have a problem with the way the OHRC operates, then it is up to YOU to do something about it, other than whining about it.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
aside from the AHRC making the mistake of letting this twit off the hook, I don't have a problem with the AHRC..... if those of you in Ontario have a problem with the way the OHRC operates, then it is up to YOU to do something about it, other than whining about it.
I don't have a problem with how the OHRC operates, I have a problem with the whole HRC body.

We already have a system in place to deal with these issues. It's called the justice system.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Our justice system is based on some fundamental principles and processes. HRC's do an end run around these. They should be shut down or severely modified.

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
Somebody, please document that I am wrong:

1. People who lowered their self esteem to serve on a Human Rights Commission never had a paying job in their lives.

2. People who debased themselves to serve on a Human Rights Commission never had to face the cause they champion.

3. People who hate themselves and try to make amends by serving on a Human Rights Commission are really nothing but hypocrits.

4. People who would do anything for money serve on Human Rights Commissions.

5. People, who on their own merit would never have unlimited, unconstitutional powers - Hell no power of any kind - revel in their power to squash decent people compared to whom they are nothing but intellrctual, moral and ethical midgets (sorry, little people).

6. People who serve on Human Rights Commission are the throw-backs to a bygone age when the accused was supposed to prove innocence, rather than the accuser proving guilt.

In other words, people who serve on Human Rights Commissions are people of the lowest kind, hardly deserving to be called people.

When called by them, their intended victims should tell them: GO F..K yourself! I live by the Charter of Rights, it's good enough for me.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Somebody, please document that I am wrong:

1. People who lowered their self esteem to serve on a Human Rights Commission never had a paying job in their lives.

2. People who debased themselves to serve on a Human Rights Commission never had to face the cause they champion.

3. People who hate themselves and try to make amends by serving on a Human Rights Commission are really nothing but hypocrits.

4. People who would do anything for money serve on Human Rights Commissions.

5. People, who on their own merit would never have unlimited, unconstitutional powers - Hell no power of any kind - revel in their power to squash decent people compared to whom they are nothing but intellrctual, moral and ethical midgets (sorry, little people).

6. People who serve on Human Rights Commission are the throw-backs to a bygone age when the accused was supposed to prove innocence, rather than the accuser proving guilt.

In other words, people who serve on Human Rights Commissions are people of the lowest kind, hardly deserving to be called people.

When called by them, their intended victims should tell them: GO F..K yourself! I live by the Charter of Rights, it's good enough for me.
Sounds pretty correct to me...

Also sounds very McCarthy-ish to me. No wonder sjp supports them...:lol:

dumpthemonarchy

House Member
Jan 18, 2005
Vancouver
www.cynicsunlimited.com
Right right, Ezra was in Alberta for his HRC cases. There is a problem with HRCs because the accused has an onus of guilt on him, he is not considered innocent until proven guilty. This is a fundamental flaw with HRCs that violates our system of justice. I have no problem banishing HRCs from the land if they don't rectify this problem.

HRCs are part of an idea that says Canada was and is sexist racist etc, and we need regulation from our betters, or the better sort, to do the right thing. Well, who let these people be the arbitrators of what Canada is all about? These people have an axe to grind and use the power of the state to push their agenda.