What Grade Would You Give Obama for First 100 Days?

What Grade Would You Give Obama for First 100 Days?

• A+, A, A-

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • B+, B, B-

• C+, C, C-

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • D

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • E

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • F

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
Obama will be in the office for 100 days as of next Wednesday, and CNN is conducting a poll as to what grade its viewers would give Obama. So I thought we would have a poll here as well.

Personally, I would give him an A-. He has inspired hope, confidence in USA and in the world. He has made a start towards fixing the economic meltdown caused by Bush and the Republicans. While it is too early to say that we are out of the woods, there are tentative, tantalizing glimmers of hope.

In terms of foreign policy, when he was tested in Somalia, he passed the test with flying colors. In social policy, he reversed the much despised Mexico policy and legalized the embryonic stem cell research. So there is plenty of good news to cheer about.

On the minus side, the economy is still in the tank. We can see a faint light at the end of the tunnel, but we don’t know if that really is the end of the tunnel or it is just a train headed in our direction.

In foreign policy, Iraq and Afghanistan still remain a challenge. Also Obama gets a poor grade for his nominees. Many of them are capable, expert diplomats in their own fields. However, many of them have been racked with tax problems. Obama could certainly use a better vetting process.

Anyway, overall Obama has put the country (and the world) on the right track. So he gets an A-.

El Barto

les fesses a l'aire
Feb 11, 2007
Quebec
My judgement is still in suspension.
The challenges he has are very long term. So , untill then i will decide.

Yes i will admit on the poor choices of representatives , but he also took the blame for it too.

The summit of the Americas.....that .....right there when you have your (enemies) have hope in you for a change ...what can I say? Amazing.

As for the Autotrade bailout. The demandes on the government were going to happen no matter who was voted in as president. The small consession was the limit of the high directives salary. Symbolic yes , less insulting for the ordinary citizen. My judgement on that deal is a wait and see . Thgo I am doubtful of the out come.

On the other boards I sound pro Obama , I am not exactly. More pro change and anti partisan.

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
My judgement is still in suspension.
The challenges he has are very long term. So , untill then i will decide.

I know that, but the question was, what grade would you give him for his first 100 days. What will happen in the future we don’t know.

El Barto

les fesses a l'aire
Feb 11, 2007
Quebec
K, I gave him a B+
Politicians are never perfect and there are many thing that we are not aware of that he may have done better , so I leave room for a margine of error

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
What Grade Would You Give Obama for First 100 Days? The boot.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
"He has made a start towards fixing the economic meltdown caused by Bush and the Republicans"- That's B.S. The meltdown was caused by many things, two of the most important being sub prime mortgages and C.E.O.s (who got obscene performance bonuses for non performance)

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Obama will be in the office for 100 days as of next Wednesday, and CNN is conducting a poll as to what grade its viewers would give Obama. So I thought we would have a poll here as well.

Personally, I would give him an A-. He has inspired hope, confidence in USA and in the world. He has made a start towards fixing the economic meltdown caused by Bush and the Republicans. While it is too early to say that we are out of the woods, there are tentative, tantalizing glimmers of hope.

In terms of foreign policy, when he was tested in Somalia, he passed the test with flying colors. In social policy, he reversed the much despised Mexico policy and legalized the embryonic stem cell research. So there is plenty of good news to cheer about.

On the minus side, the economy is still in the tank. We can see a faint light at the end of the tunnel, but we don’t know if that really is the end of the tunnel or it is just a train headed in our direction.

In foreign policy, Iraq and Afghanistan still remain a challenge. Also Obama gets a poor grade for his nominees. Many of them are capable, expert diplomats in their own fields. However, many of them have been racked with tax problems. Obama could certainly use a better vetting process.

Anyway, overall Obama has put the country (and the world) on the right track. So he gets an A-.

For now I would give him a "B"- 100 days isn't a "sustained enough" period to be handing out "A"s. However if he can hold the level he's at, I'd give him an "A" at the end of his term.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
I thought he was doing okay until he put Janet Nepolitano in Homeland Security. As far as I'm concerned that drops him from a B+ to a C-

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
"He has made a start towards fixing the economic meltdown caused by Bush and the Republicans"- That's B.S. The meltdown was caused by many things, two of the most important being sub prime mortgages and C.E.O.s (who got obscene performance bonuses for non performance)

JLM, CEO bonuses have nothing to do with economic meltdown. It is unfair, it has terrible optics, but in no way was the cause of the economic meltdown.

The economic meltdown was caused by many factors. But the principle one was the lack of regulation. Bush and the Republicans did not come across any regulation they liked. They deregulated on a massive scale, like never before, when they had the absolute control of power from 2000 to 2006.

Such massive deregulation was bound to spawn some kind of Ponzi swindle, if not sub prime then something else.

Canadian banks are much more heavily regulated; they did not participate in the sub prime scam. I think Bush and the Republicans get the loin’s share of the blame. Evidently American people think the same.

Last edited:

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
aand what you think the alternative would of done better?
Easy to judge the what if's

But of course. The alternative was McCain, who would merely be a figurehead, with Joan of Arc wielding the real power behind the throne. Then the madness started by Bush (the economic meltdown) would have continued unabated. Joan of Arc is a great fan of Bush, and would have continued with the Bush policies.

Anyway, that would have been the paradise as far as conservatives are concerned.

El Barto

les fesses a l'aire
Feb 11, 2007
Quebec
Some of the Blame was on Clintons shoulders with deregulation of the banks. Ok that maybe but it was never corrected.
You can blame the previous administration for their faults but if the current one does nothing to change it then it is also their responsability and blame

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
Some of the Blame was on Clintons shoulders with deregulation of the banks. Ok that maybe but it was never corrected.
You can blame the previous administration for their faults but if the current one does nothing to change it then it is also their responsability and blame

Well the jury is still out on the current one. I think Obama has made a very good start, so I gave him an A-. However, that grade can change over the time, depending upon how the economy performs.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Well the jury is still out on the current one. I think Obama has made a very good start, so I gave him an A-. However, that grade can change over the time, depending upon how the economy performs.
The jury's still out?

If Obama was serious about combating the current financial issues, he would have reversed Clinton's repeal of Seagal upon inauguration. That would have stemmed any further damage to the American banking system and removed some of the most dangerous financial policies at play.

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
Some of the Blame was on Clintons shoulders with deregulation of the banks.

El Barto, I don’t think there was a whole lot of deregulation under Clinton’s watch. Also, there was no subprime lending under Clinton, the whole mess started after 2000, when Bush came to power.

The economic prosperity under Clinton was real prosperity, with healthy budget surpluses. What happened under Bush was illusory, smoke and mirrors prosperity. First it was built on the dot com bubble. When that bubble burst, the prosperity was built upon borrowed money (Bush racked up huge deficits) and upon the sub prime swindle.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
I give him an A+++, he could not have performed better had he been tailor made, hand rolled from gold, born of a virgin. Of course the mark is faction perspective specific. He's a giant shiney lizard who eats babies.

How do you like your koolaide? Rev Obama J Jones

Last edited:

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
But of course. The alternative was McCain, who would merely be a figurehead, with Joan of Arc wielding the real power behind the throne. Then the madness started by Bush (the economic meltdown) would have continued unabated. Joan of Arc is a great fan of Bush, and would have continued with the Bush policies.

Anyway, that would have been the paradise as far as conservatives are concerned.

Joe you are inflated with more hot gas than I am and that I believe is an attainment worthy of note, at least here. Of course figurehead is what we get whichever way the rabble votes. and Where is this huge discontinuation of the Bush Neo Con agenda? Conservatives? Do they really still exist in the wild?
The figureheads suit and tunes have been changed=wallpapering

If McCain was too stupid to avoid becoming a mere figurehead what makes you think they aren't always that way. Nobody gets in the Offal Orifice unless they're fully commited to the owners, and if they should have an attack of conscience they seem to expire early usually before bills pass. Insurance is worth the extra money I guess. I could be right but I'm afraid there's little hope for your vison of the here and now.
When we age we often become disoriented Joe, my medical staff has been trying to convince me that we're on a planet called earth, I don't know I don't think it matters anymore.:lol:

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
JLM, CEO bonuses have nothing to do with economic meltdown. It is unfair, it has terrible optics, but in no way was the cause of the economic meltdown.

The economic meltdown was caused by many factors. But the principle one was the lack of regulation. Bush and the Republicans did not come across any regulation they liked. They deregulated on a massive scale, like never before, when they had the absolute control of power from 2000 to 2006.

Such massive deregulation was bound to spawn some kind of Ponzi swindle, if not sub prime then something else.

Canadian banks are much more heavily regulated; they did not participate in the sub prime scam. I think Bush and the Republicans get the loin’s share of the blame. Evidently American people think the same.

I beg to differ. How many unproductive C.E.O.s are there across the U.S. a thousand, five thousand? Multiply whatever number you pick by a million and you wind up with serious money that is gone from the system. And you are trying to tell me that that doesn't contribute to meltdown? Of course it does.

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
So far, he tripled the Bush deficit.

So far, he kissed more royal hands than any of his predecessors.

So far, he denigrated his country while abroad more than the champion of home-bashing, the peanut-brain Jimmy Carter.

So far, he apologized more often and to more despots for the perceived ills of his country, than the hitherto apologist-in-chief, hillbilly Bill Clinton.

GOTTO GO!

More to come!