Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
[SIZE=+1]
[SIZE=+1]China to display its nuke submarines for first time[/SIZE]
China National News
Tuesday 21st April, 2009
(ANI)
New Delhi, Apr 21 : China will display its nuclear-powered submarines for the first time in history during a fleet parade to mark the 60th anniversary of the People's Liberation Army Navy.

The Chinese navy's missile destroyer 115 Shenyang is docked at Qingdao Port for an international fleet review.

Deputy Commander of the PLA Navy Ding Yiping did not disclose any further details about the submarines.

In addition to the fleet parade, there will also be seminars and a sampan race that will be held off the coast of the eastern city of Qingdao during the four-day celebration.

"It is not a secret that China has nuclear submarines, which are key to safeguarding our country's national security," Xinhua quoted Ding, as saying.

Ding stressed that China's national defense policy and nuclear strategy is purely defensive in nature, and that the country's naval forces would not pose any threat to other countries.

"The PLA Navy will continue to make contributions to maintain world, regional and maritime peace," he said.

The fleet parade will strive to be grand, practical, safe and frugal, the officer added. The parade would be grand as it was unprecedented in terms of the celebration scale.

Dozens of Chinese naval ships and planes and 21 naval vessels from 14 countries will participate in the fleet review, Ding said.

He said it is the first time for the country to have a fleet parade participated by high-level naval delegations from 29 countries.

The whole celebration will feature the concept of practicality. All activities must have an actual effect rather than just being aesthetic and pompous.

The Chinese navy's missile destroyer 115 Shenyang is docked at Qingdao Port .......​
[/SIZE]​
-that,s aproximately 4.5 km from my bedroom .Man I feel safe now with that nuke sub so close by. There ain't no one who's gona do me no harm

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
[SIZE=+1]

The Chinese navy's missile destroyer 115 Shenyang is docked at Qingdao Port .......
[/SIZE]​
-that,s aproximately 4.5 km from my bedroom .Man I feel safe now with that nuke sub so close by. There ain't no one who's gona do me no harm

So China parks nuclear subs nearby to protect your white ass? :p

Better hope those nukes don't leak or fall apart like most things "Made in China"

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Finally someones standing up to the aliens. I have always admired the courage and conviction of the Chinese Navy. We are trying to arrange a state visit to Nova Scotia possibly at this years tall ship thingy. Chinese sailors are good lovers I'm told.

Trex

Electoral Member
Apr 4, 2007
Hither and yon
Finally someones standing up to the aliens. I have always admired the courage and conviction of the Chinese Navy. We are trying to arrange a state visit to Nova Scotia possibly at this years tall ship thingy. Chinese sailors are good lovers I'm told.

Martians? Where?

I would tend to agree with you DB. Any Chinese national that attempts to sail on a Chinese nuke boat from China to Nova Scotia is indeed brave.
And will undoubtably glow in the dark for the rest of his days.
Are these boats of Chinese manufacture or are they leaky old Russian castoffs?

Err none of my business DB but a about the sailors being good lovers, are you planning on plying your charms down at the docks when the ships are in?

Trex

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Martians? Where?

I would tend to agree with you DB. Any Chinese national that attempts to sail on a Chinese nuke boat from China to Nova Scotia is indeed brave.
And will undoubtably glow in the dark for the rest of his days.
Are these boats of Chinese manufacture or are they leaky old Russian castoffs?

Err none of my business DB but a about the sailors being good lovers, are you planning on plying your charms down at the docks when the ships are in?

Trex

They are of a very nice domestic and quite invisable design. They have in recent years just popped up in the middle of American naval assemblies. You don't seem to understand that most Chinese manufactured products are made to western specification, they build whatever and however the customer wants and if the customer sells junk to it;s customers it isn't any business of the chinese who regularly shoot unscrupulous business people while we reward them with unearned advancement and the riens of power. We want a good crowd on hand to meet the Chinese, they'll be lonely after a long sea voyage. My charms would escape the sailors I'm afraid.

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
Hey fellow Canadians , There is a Canadian navy vessel docked only 3 m from my bedroom ; now I'm really protected .I,m going there today to visit my country men ; send you some pictures .
Maybe I'll be able to get some maple syrup from the guys ; the one from Quebec , my favourite .

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
I don't see too much of an issue with this. Canada has most of its fleet
of Submarines on display to the public...in the West Edmonton Mall...

Well....most of its fleet of Submarines that actually work anyway. :lol::lol::lol:

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
I don't see too much of an issue with this. Canada has most of its fleet
of Submarines on display to the public...in the West Edmonton Mall...

Well....most of its fleet of Submarines that actually work anyway. :lol::lol::lol:

I guess you haven't heard..... they mothballed the west ed fleet...lol

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Oh No!!! I thought the West Ed Fleet accounted for more than 1/2 of all
Canadian Submarines. So now what will happen if the West Edmonton Mall
fall's under some kind of aquatic invasion? Are we now reduced to simple
mall police with whistles and flashlights? Did this happen on Harpers watch, or
under the watch of the PM proceeding him? How did I miss the Public outrage?

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
I'm sorry to say that I believe it was under the federal Liberals watch.:(

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Does that mean this'll turn into one of those nasty Left/Right things
about Military spending?

Does Harper plan on rebuilding this fleet both for defense & as
part of the infrastructure spending plan to boost the economy?