Report: US Air Strikes in Iraq Kill Mostly Women, Children

JBeee

Time Out
Jun 1, 2007

39 Percent of Those Killed Were Children

by Jason Ditz, April 15, 2009
Email This | Print This | Share This
In a report to be published in tomorrow’s issue of the New England Journal of Medicine, researchers have concluded that air strikes by US-led coalition forces have killed mostly women and children. 39 percent were children, while 46 percent were women.
Interestingly enough, though the high-tech weaponry used by the invading forces killed a disproportionately large number of (presumably mostly non-combatant) women and children, it showed that among victims of suicide bombings only 12 percent were children.
The researchers used a database of 60,481 civilians violently killed during the first five years of the war, which was compiled by Iraq Body Count. They say that the shocking number of women and children killed are a function of using air strikes in urban combat settings, and the report may have policy implications elsewhere, where US air strikes seem to be killing large numbers of innocent civilians as well.

Sublime

Electoral Member
Mar 8, 2006
Toronto
Whats done is done the west has bean bombing the mashed potatoes out of them for a 20-30 years now.

Now we have to be REAL, we neutralize them there before they come here and start blowing up our movie theaters and school buses.

That is just being REAL, not ignorant, why don't you go hug a terrorist see what happens!

normbc9

Electoral Member
Nov 23, 2006
California
One premise being taught to cladestine fighters is to immediately blend in with the populace and if possible wear local population attire. These collateral damages are common place. The operations in China, Chechnya, India, Viet Nam, Lebanon, Afghanistan, Gaza and others have unfortunatly experienced more civilian casualties than those experienced by the insurgents. One of the propaganda points always stressed by the insurgents is this fact.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Whats done is done the west has bean bombing the mashed potatoes out of them for a 20-30 years now.

Now we have to be REAL, we neutralize them there before they come here and start blowing up our movie theaters and school buses.

That is just being REAL, not ignorant, why don't you go hug a terrorist see what happens!

The insurgents are already here Subslime, they're your neighbours, your garbage man, the mechanic down the street all of the farmers all of the fishermen all the women who can't get daycare and all the poor who can't get housing or jobs or food, the unemployed, the disenfranchized, the indiginous and the very dangerous demented idealists including hundreds of thousands of the laid off unionized workers. You are already in neutral, they won't have any trouble from you will they?:lol:

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
Of course,that's not the US intent..it is a waste of munitions when all you kill are civvies. Anyway, this report is nothing but propaganda[a fancy word meaning bullcrap!]

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
I rest my case with you. You have shown just who and what you are.
Really then defend your stupid-ass comment, so far all I have read is your blind alliance to Israel. That support includes the slaughter of women and children, you certainly show the characteristics of a Talmud Jew. Your reaction of wanting innocents run through with bayonets certainly shows your true colors you piece of ****.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Really then defend your stupid-ass comment, so far all I have read is your blind alliance to Israel. That support includes the slaughter of women and children, you certainly show the characteristics of a Talmud Jew. Your reaction of wanting innocents run through with bayonets certainly shows your true colors you piece of ****.

Are your reading skills up to par Megahurts? ...or do you hit the cat when the dog scratches you?

ironsides

Executive Branch Member
Feb 13, 2009
United States

Why do mostly Canadians believe the BS put out by the media, in fact the farther left you are the more garbage you believe. Now if you really want to know what is happening ask the sources and use logic. If I shoot at you why wouldn't you say I hit a non-combatant in stead of something important. you do not want to let me or the world know that I hurt you. Of course civilians get hurt and or killed in a war, find me a way to stop their deaths and you have found a way to end war. Then there is the other side, it is civilians who start wars, so killing them could also end war. Look at that crazy Iraq General, can't think of his name, the one who kept saying everything was all right over TV as the coalition forces were surrounding and destroying the neighborhood he was in. Those are the people you are listening to crazies of the world.

Lets not forget MHz who said and I quote
"Are you saying those deaths weren't intentional?"
It is people like that who even think something like that was intentional who are the real problem in this world. Wonder how many people have been killed because of the lies and propaganda they spread. Again it is CIVILIANS who start wars and expect others to finish their dirty work.

Here is the complete article:

NEJM -- The Weapons That Kill Civilians -- Deaths of Children and Noncombatants in Iraq, 2003-2008

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Are your reading skills up to par Megahurts? ...or do you hit the cat when the dog scratches you?
Yeah they are, he supports the killing of women and kids in the most brutal fashion, this thread about Iraq and his post about Palestine show that quite clearly, as long as it is the US (his national country) or Israel doing the killing it's quite a fine thing to happen. Now did you actually have some point to make?

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Why do mostly Canadians believe the BS put out by the media, in fact the farther left you are the more garbage you believe. Now if you really want to know what is happening ask the sources and use logic. If I shoot at you why wouldn't you say I hit a non-combatant in stead of something important. you do not want to let me or the world know that I hurt you. Of course civilians get hurt and or killed in a war, find me a way to stop their deaths and you have found a way to end war. Then there is the other side, it is civilians who start wars, so killing them could also end war. Look at that crazy Iraq General, can't think of his name, the one who kept saying everything was all right over TV as the coalition forces were surrounding and destroying the neighborhood he was in. Those are the people you are listening to crazies of the world.

Lets not forget MHz who said and I quote
"Are you saying those deaths weren't intentional?"
It is people like that who even think something like that was intentional who are the real problem in this world. Wonder how many people have been killed because of the lies and propaganda they spread. Again it is CIVILIANS who start wars and expect others to finish their dirty work.

Here is the complete article:

NEJM -- The Weapons That Kill Civilians -- Deaths of Children and Noncombatants in Iraq, 2003-2008
60,000 deaths you really are out of touch with reality, do you need those sorts of lies to help you sleep? Casualty Monitor: Iraqi Casualty Monitor: One million deaths since the US invasion?
So the million+ civilian casualties in just Iraq are were all unavoidable? Somebody should take away all their weapons as they are quite careless in how they are used.
Tell me again how Iraqi civilians started this war and while you are at it state the reasons the US had the right to even have gone there in the first place let alone why they are permitted to be there in any capacity at this very moment. Nuclear threat-proven lie, wmd's-proven lie, etc. Not one stated reason has turned out to be factual.

I would also think since the war was instigated by the Us with no provocation other than they want the land and resources then everybody killed is a non-combatant. Defending your country from illegal occupation does not make you a terrorist, come in with waepons and the intent to use them is what a terrorist is.

To your little comment about taking a shot at me, that better be the last time you post that thought.

Last edited:

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Yeah they are, he supports the killing of women and kids in the most brutal fashion, this thread about Iraq and his post about Palestine show that quite clearly, as long as it is the US (his national country) or Israel doing the killing it's quite a fine thing to happen. Now did you actually have some point to make?

As a matter of fact ... I do:

They should of used bayonetes...LOL....sorry couldn't help myself....LOL!!!!!!!!!!

Note the author....

Anything else may be from another thread. Rules don't apply to you maybe?

RanchHand

Electoral Member
Feb 22, 2009
USA
The insurgents are already here Subslime, they're your neighbours, your garbage man, the mechanic down the street all of the farmers all of the fishermen all the women who can't get daycare and all the poor who can't get housing or jobs or food, the unemployed, the disenfranchized, the indiginous and the very dangerous demented idealists including hundreds of thousands of the laid off unionized workers. You are already in neutral, they won't have any trouble from you will they?:lol:

Joe Friday?

RanchHand

Electoral Member
Feb 22, 2009
USA
39 Percent of Those Killed Were Children

by Jason Ditz, April 15, 2009
Email This | Print This | Share This
In a report to be published in tomorrow’s issue of the New England Journal of Medicine, researchers have concluded that air strikes by US-led coalition forces have killed mostly women and children. 39 percent were children, while 46 percent were women.
Interestingly enough, though the high-tech weaponry used by the invading forces killed a disproportionately large number of (presumably mostly non-combatant) women and children, it showed that among victims of suicide bombings only 12 percent were children.
The researchers used a database of 60,481 civilians violently killed during the first five years of the war, which was compiled by Iraq Body Count. They say that the shocking number of women and children killed are a function of using air strikes in urban combat settings, and the report may have policy implications elsewhere, where US air strikes seem to be killing large numbers of innocent civilians as well.

Now that you've managed to bring the termites out of the damp rot, you might want to read the article you reference. Almost all of the deaths reported would have been by non-coalition forces. This says 5% came from air attacks. Look at the percentages for executions, roadside bombs, suicide bombers. You're a misinformed low life.

Reactions: Ron in Regina

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Note the author....

Anything else may be from another thread. Rules don't apply to you maybe?

I did, in the original reply to the comment, this reply "Spoken like a true Jew" was addressed to that poster. These words I rest my case with you. You have shown just who and what you are. brought this response from me about the words just above.
"Really then defend your stupid-ass comment, so far all I have read is your blind alliance to Israel. That support includes the slaughter of women and children, you certainly show the characteristics of a Talmud Jew. Your reaction of wanting innocents run through with bayonets certainly shows your true colors you piece of ****."

Nothing about bayoneting women and kids, his only concern was the use of the word Jew, those are his true colors, your's too by the look of it. Can you follow that now?

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
I did, in the original reply to the comment, this reply "Spoken like a true Jew" was addressed to that poster. These words I rest my case with you. You have shown just who and what you are. brought this response from me about the words just above.
"Really then defend your stupid-ass comment, so far all I have read is your blind alliance to Israel. That support includes the slaughter of women and children, you certainly show the characteristics of a Talmud Jew. Your reaction of wanting innocents run through with bayonets certainly shows your true colors you piece of ****."

Nothing about bayoneting women and kids, his only concern was the use of the word Jew, those are his true colors, your's too by the look of it. Can you follow that now?

And you don't see anything wrong?...

Apparently the problem is yours.