Taliban orders murder of young lovers

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
[SIZE=+1]Taliban orders murder of young lovers[/SIZE]
China National News
Tuesday 14th April, 2009

Afghanistan Taliban members have publicly murdered a young couple who were planning to get married.

The man, 21, and woman, 19, were shot dead on Monday in front of a mosque in the south-western province of Nimroz, because they were supposedly having an illicit affair.

The young couple had eloped because their families would not approve a marriage.

Local officials have said the killings followed a decree by local religious leaders, linked to the Taliban.

Before killing the couple, three Taliban mullahs passed a fatwa, saying that they should be shot and killed in front of a mosque.

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
Yeah so what? Same thing happens all over the planet every day. Have you got a point or do you just get off sorting the Talebans soiled laundry ?

Yeah so they're scumbags and need to be killed. No the same thing doesn't happen all over the planet every day. Just in places where fundamental religious kooks feel the need to enact their messed up idea of what God wants.

That you go out of your way to excuse such horrible acts brings a very bad image of your own character to mind. While you condemn us as cowards for fighting for what we believe is right, you support, honour, and I dare say Cherish those who commit acts such as this atrocity. Murdered for being in love.

I think you should account for yourself here and now and show why it is that you support what you do.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Yeah so they're scumbags and need to be killed. No the same thing doesn't happen all over the planet every day. Just in places where fundamental religious kooks feel the need to enact their messed up idea of what God wants.

That you go out of your way to excuse such horrible acts brings a very bad image of your own character to mind. While you condemn us as cowards for fighting for what we believe is right, you support, honour, and I dare say Cherish those who commit acts such as this atrocity. Murdered for being in love.

I think you should account for yourself here and now and show why it is that you support what you do.

You haven't read my twelve million posts have you? It's my accounting. Scumbags need to be killed? A scumbag in an office issues an order fifty women and children die twenty minutes later in thier sleep and these are your heros, your buddies, they're saving you from babies. The tiny scumbags stick out so you can see them and vent, you've got a different scum scale than me. We be in opposite houses I guess.

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
You haven't read my twelve million posts have you? It's my accounting.

Then I suggest your exaggeration matches the depth of your courage.
99.9% talk .1% walk.

Scumbags need to be killed? A scumbag in an office issues an order fifty women and children die twenty minutes later in thier sleep and these are your heros, your buddies, they're saving you from babies.

If only. The difference is that I wouldn't let a scumbag use my place to launch an attack nor hide after one. That a murdering scumbag happens to be the brothers, fathers, uncles, only defines the heredity of the family. And yes those babies grow up to be terrorists.

The tiny scumbags stick out so you can see them and vent, you've got a different scum scale than me. We be in opposite houses I guess.

Opposite to say the least. If the Canadian military would take me I would go this minute. But they don't take pumpkins like me in our military. Nor do they strap remote detonated explosives to me and tell me to march into a police station, café or market.

Of course the Taliban will gladly accept hostages from any country {Geisbrect} and yet here you sit, Oh temple of courage and fortitude, taking on all comers with a darn good frowning and the occasional finger wag.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
[SIZE=+1]Taliban orders murder of young lovers[/SIZE]

China National News
Tuesday 14th April, 2009​

Afghanistan Taliban members have publicly murdered a young couple who were planning to get married.

The man, 21, and woman, 19, were shot dead on Monday in front of a mosque in the south-western province of Nimroz, because they were supposedly having an illicit affair.

The young couple had eloped because their families would not approve a marriage.

Local officials have said the killings followed a decree by local religious leaders, linked to the Taliban.

Before killing the couple, three Taliban mullahs passed a fatwa, saying that they should be shot and killed in front of a mosque.

And from what I read in a more complete article, it sounds like it was the family itself who turned them in. Nice.:roll:

dumpthemonarchy

House Member
Jan 18, 2005
Vancouver
www.cynicsunlimited.com
"Asian values" in another form I guess. It is hard for Canadians to believe that Asians have a different outlook on life and don't give a rat's backside what we think is a better life. Those poor dumb villagers want to live their life their way. We simply have to find a way to safely ignore them.

I saw in the newspaper this week, educated Afhgan women were saying that NATO should worry about security, nothing else. These women don't want to displease their families.

It's like religious issues, they are now out of mind for us, we can't conceive of killling/fighting/arguing over religion anymore. Not in Asia buddy boy.