If Guns Weren`t Purchased...

JBeee

Time Out
Jun 1, 2007
...as easy as bubble-gum in the United States, do you think today`s massacre could have been avoided? (Immagration Office this time)

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Commercially purchased or home-made explosives, Cheap Samurai sword,
Baseball Bat plugged full of framing nails, etc...where there's a will (even a
sick & demented one), there's a way.

I haven't heard anything in the last several hours, but I'm sure hoping that the
killer was one of the fourteen dead.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Commercially purchased or home-made explosives, Cheap Samurai sword,
Baseball Bat plugged full of framing nails, etc...where there's a will (even a
sick & demented one), there's a way.

I haven't heard anything in the last several hours, but I'm sure hoping that the
killer was one of the fourteen dead.

he was.

Bottle of gasoline and a match.........killed 54 at a school in Kenya a couple of years ago.

Box cutters. killed about 3,000 on Sept 11, 2001

And this happened in NY State.....which has reasonably strict gun laws, as US gun laws go.........

BTW Mexico has extremely strict gun laws. the murder rate there is 4 times the American rate.

In Jamaica, you can get life in prison for posession of a bullet, no gun required, it is an island with (one would think) easily controled borders, and every legal gun was dropped in the ocean in the late 70s. Jamaica has a murder rate at least 5 times that of the USA, mostly from gunfire.

Violence and murder is a product of culture.....not the availability of inanimate objects.

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
What happened? Is my news page missing something really important? I checked - nothing matches this thread.

JBeee

Time Out
Jun 1, 2007
Box cutters. killed about 3,000 on Sept 11, 2001......

Well how dam stupid does that make most of those peeps?!

he was.

Bottle of gasoline and a match.........killed 54 at a school in Kenya a couple of years ago.

Box cutters. killed about 3,000 on Sept 11, 2001

And this happened in NY State.....which has reasonably strict gun laws, as US gun laws go.........

BTW Mexico has extremely strict gun laws. the murder rate there is 4 times the American rate.

In Jamaica, you can get life in prison for posession of a bullet, no gun required, it is an island with (one would think) easily controled borders, and every legal gun was dropped in the ocean in the late 70s. Jamaica has a murder rate at least 5 times that of the USA, mostly from gunfire.

Violence and murder is a product of culture.....not the availability of inanimate objects.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Yeah, gun laws sure helped matters in Vancouver this year, didn't they?

Anyway, if someone wants to go out and take people with him, guns are relatively inefficient. Fertilizer bombs strapped to the perps body would work better. A small bundle can wipe out 500 sq ft, a few liters .......

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I don't know how many times this must be said...

Guns don't kill people...people kill people.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
...as easy as bubble-gum in the United States, do you think today`s massacre could have been avoided? (Immagration Office this time)

Only if you think the killer had very weak motives for doing what he did.

I doubt very much that he did this on a whim...

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I find it suspicious that everytime there is a masacre gun control comes up like it were planned that way.

Not one word about increasing research into mental health which is the leading malady of the human species and the least recognized and understood.

If the same effort that women put into saving their boobs went to saving their minds the world would be much much different.

Broken minds kill people not guns.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I find it suspicious that everytime there is a masacre gun control comes up like it were planned that way.

Not one word about increasing research into mental health which is the leading malady of the human species and the least recognized and understood.

If the same effort that women put into saving their boobs went to saving their minds the world would be much much different.

Broken minds kill people not guns.
Awesome post Petros!!!

I find myself completely agreeing with you, for the first time...;-)

Reactions: petros

Stretch

House Member
Feb 16, 2003
Australia
what if these people could shoot back at the gunman.......how many would he have been able to shoot then before he was shot?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
what if these people could shoot back at the gunman.......how many would he have been able to shoot then before he was shot?
If everyone had a gun with them at work there would be no bosses left.

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
The old gun toter's saw that "Guns don't kill people; people kill people!" tells me guns should not be sold to people!