Study: Marijuana Helps to Fight Cancer

Stretch

House Member
Feb 16, 2003
Australia
'Researchers in Spain have found out that the main chemical in marijuana appears to be helpful in the destruction of brain cancer cells.
The active component of marijuana, tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), causes cancer cells to undergo a process called autophagy - the breakdown that occurs when the cell essentially self-digests, according to a new study released on Thursday.'

Study: Marijuana helps to fight cancer

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Funny! This has been known for a thousand years and science is just now catching up. It reminds me that medical science discovered that mother's milk was better for babies than formula only about twenty years ago.

Albertabound

Electoral Member
Sep 2, 2006
The health benefits are long and endless.

Marijuana has been proven to help patients with chronic pain, migraines, glaucoma, epilepsy, multiple sclerosis, Alzheimers Disease, and curbs some of the debilitating effects of chemotherapy and AIDS. Marijuana is not physically addictive, nor does it kill...Estimates for deaths in LEGAL drugs(i.e. Tobacco, Alcohol, Prescriptions, Aspirin)are upwards of 650 THOUSAND annually

Health benefits of marijuana - by Jason Valley - Helium

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Quote:
Marijuana has been pr oven to help patients with chronic pain, migraines, glaucoma, epilepsy, multiple sclerosis, Alzheimer's Disease, and curbs some of the debilitating effects of chemotherapy and AIDS. Marijuana is not physically addictive, nor does it kill...Estimates for deaths in LEGAL drugs(i.e. Tobacco, Alcohol, Prescriptions, Aspirin)are up wards of 650 THOUSAND annually
Sugar is a drug and if added to that list would propel the number into hundreds of millions annually world wide.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Sugar is a drug and if added to that list would propel the number into hundreds of millions annually world wide.

I can attest to that. I have reached the upper level of my tolerance to sugar and now break out in an insanely itchy rash if I ingest as much as half a spoon of sugar or one cookie in one day.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
As are the health consequences. As I've said before, nothing is black and white.

So where is that list? Various lists of benefits have been posted on different threads on the topic. I don't remember seeing one on the down side.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Oh, I forgot. You like to say it reduces cognitive skills but you have never substantiated that statement. Is your contention based on personal experiences with pot?

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Sure I have. You just can't remember. I'm not surprised.

Let's see.I haven't smoked pot in over 35 years but I did impact my head with a wall of ice at 90 Km/hr 28 years ago. I don't suppose that has affected my memory though. Must have been the pot or maybe I just missed your post.