Have you ever driven to California?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Why would it be unlikely for people from Sask to drive to California?

Finding tractor parts is a real bitch along the interstates?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Petros, first answer the question please.
Yes I have. Numerous times and yes I will again.

Was your trip a straight shot down I5?

We've done a couple different routes. All have their long dragged out spots and yet an almost limitless of sites to see along the way if you look beyond the superficial..

dumpthemonarchy

House Member
Jan 18, 2005
Vancouver
www.cynicsunlimited.com
Numerous times, you must really like the state.

I drove the I5 first time to Calif, and then down the Oregon coast for a spell. It's long, but I'd take the quicker I5 next time.

Sorry to pester you Petros, but have you ever lived in BC, Alta or Sask? I guess there are two questions.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
I've driven from Vancouver to LA once and to San Francisco once, I am not interested in repeating the trip.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
I'm one of four siblings in my Family. Two of us haven't driven
to & through California, and two have driven to & through
California several times each. Saskatchewan Family...8O

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Numerous times, you must really like the state.
It's on the way to Baja and the Sea of Cortes which is a favourite spot and I have family in LA and Sacramento. We've always enjoyed ourselves and met plenty of interesting people and seen some very memorable things both awe inspiring and down right bizzare. No complaints other than typical travel incidents.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Yes, from BC. It was great until being abducted by a monster freeway. You don't drive those highways, they drive you.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Yes, from Ontario to Az, then decided to go on to Cali, then on to Gods blind spot. Was worth the trip.

dumpthemonarchy

House Member
Jan 18, 2005
Vancouver
www.cynicsunlimited.com
Yes, from BC. It was great until being abducted by a monster freeway. You don't drive those highways, they drive you.

I felt in Ireland, where highways are called carriageways, that US highways are massive expressions of nationalism, conquering nature and taking charge. Which Canadian highways are to a lesser extent.

Irish highways had roundabouts for crying out loud! People slowed down! But then I could hitchhike coast to coast on the Emerald Isle after getting up at 2:00 pm.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
From Ontario, quite far. There are always great trekkers.

"God's blind spot?" What does that mean?
TIJUANA!!!

Great place to visit, but I wouldn't wanna die there!:lol:

Actually, I started out just heading to Flagstaff Az, to get some custom work done to my pick up, before the customized mini truck crazy nit Canada. Then we decided to hit Cali. Then someone said we should try Tijuana on for size.

So we did, what a blast! I don't think I sobered up until we got back to Ontario. I was young, and dumb...God those were the good ol'days.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
all the Spanish a young person needs to know is: uno cerveza and otra cerveza.

Mucho cerveza porfavor!!!

1 Tequila, 2 Tequila, 3 Tequila, floor...;-)

We met some BC Toppers. The crazy bastardo's. They tried to drink SCB under the table. She's Anishinabe, they paid the price! She was still capable of walking, when we were done. Couldn't say the same for me and the Toppers.