do you have the backbone?

Stretch

House Member
Feb 16, 2003
Australia
I'm not a 100% convinced howard had the backbone to have actually said this..... but I bet most of us think it

America, Canada , all Europe ..... need a President like this

Prime Minister John Howard - Australia
Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told on Wednesday to get out of Australia , as the government targeted radicals in a bid to head off potential terror attacks.

Separately, Howard angered some Australian Muslims on Wednesday by saying he supported spy agencies monitoring the nation's mosques.
Quote: 'IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT. Take It Or Leave It. I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Bali , we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians'.

'This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom'. 'We speak mainly ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society . Learn the language!'

'Most Australians believe in God. This is not some Christian, right wing, political push, but a fact, because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.'

'We will accept your beliefs, and will not question why. All we ask is that you accept ours, and live in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with us.'

'This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our Christian beliefs, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great Australian freedom,

'THE RIGHT TO LEAVE'.'
'If you aren't happy here then LEAVE. We didn't force you to come here. You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted.'

========================================

Maybe if we circulate this amongst ourselves, Canadian citizens will find the backbone to start speaking and voicing the same truths.

If you agree, please SEND THIS ON.

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
just got it an email....still very relevant tho', mate, wouldn't you agree?

Maybe you were not aware of this before. However, I knew about this as soon as Howard said it (which was at least a couple of years ago). We discussed it in the canada.com forum.

I am pretty much in agreement with Howard.

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
[FONT=&quot]If you agree, please SEND THIS ON.[/FONT]

Stretch, I assume this started maybe two years ago (like a chain letter). If most people still haven’t heard of it, that means that people are not really sending it on. They are reading it and simply ignoring it.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007

Colpy, I assume this started maybe two years ago (like a chain letter). If most people still haven’t heard of it, that means that people are not really sending it on. They are reading it and simply ignoring it.

The OP is stretch, not Colpy. Colpy has not posted in this thread yet, SJP.;-)

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008

Stretch, I assume this started maybe two years ago (like a chain letter). If most people still haven’t heard of it, that means that people are not really sending it on. They are reading it and simply ignoring it.
Sirrup we did discuss this for quite sometime on canada.com. Don't you think that since it is still circulating, that people are still sending it on rather than ignoring it? If it was being ignored, we wouldn't be seeing it here. When people consider a post worth sending, they forward it more than once. I could be wrong but it seems to me that it was an email I received and added to canada.com It may even have been on two threads and if it was then it means people consider it to have importance. It's a mail with some good advice in it.

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
Islandpacific, right here two posters said that they did not know of these utterances by Howard. We discussed it what, two years ago? So presumably the E Mail has been circulating for at least two years.

E Mail spreads by geometric progression (1 sends to 10, 10 send to 100, 100 send to 1000 and so on), which is very fast. Even if just two or three of them have been diligently forwarding the E Mail, everybody in USA and Canada should have heard it by now.

How fast does a worm spread? Geometric progression is very fast.

The very fact that quite a few people have not heard of it indicates that most people don’t forward the E Mail, totally ignore it.

The fact that everybody in North America hasn’t heard of it leads to the almost inevitable conclusion that most people simply ignore the E Mail, don’t bother forwarding it.

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
Islandpacific, right here two posters said that they did not know of these utterances by Howard. We discussed it what, two years ago? So presumably the E Mail has been circulating for at least two years.

E Mail spreads by geometric progression (1 sends to 10, 10 send to 100, 100 send to 1000 and so on), which is very fast. Even if just two or three of them have been diligently forwarding the E Mail, everybody in USA and Canada should have heard it by now.

The very fact that quite a few people have not heard of it indicates that most people don’t forward the E Mail, totally ignore it.

The fact that everybody in North America hasn’t heard of it leads to the almost inevitable conclusion that most people simply ignore the E Mail, don’t bother forwarding it.
Well - let's see who is right. :smile: We'll ask for anyone who reads this to say whether or not they have seen it before and whether or not they have seen it more than once. Maybe you are right.;-)

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
SirJosephPorter, I heard John Howard on television, word for word, saying what is attributed to him in the above quote.

Those of us who do not mindlessly discard watching FOXNews, learn stuff that that the politically correct never learn. Or, if and when they do, they declare that it is ....., ...., ....., put here all the usual pejoratives used by the Left when they have been caught being ....., put here another pejorative usually used by them.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Well - let's see who is right. :smile: We'll ask for anyone who reads this to say whether or not they have seen it before and whether or not they have seen it more than once. Maybe you are right.;-)
I have recieved that email about 15 times. And I agree with it.

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario

In this very forum, two of them have said that this is the first time they are reading it (Stretch and Twila). So it is clear that there are still quite a few who haven’t got the E Mail.

I haven't got the E Mail so far.

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
SirJosephPorter, I heard John Howard on television, word for word, saying what is attributed to him in the above quote.

Those of us who do not mindlessly discard watching FOXNews, learn stuff that that the politically correct never learn. Or, if and when they do, they declare that it is ....., ...., ....., put here all the usual pejoratives used by the Left when they have been caught being ....., put here another pejorative usually used by them.

There was no need to watch Fox news, Yukon. CNN covered it as well. Indeed, Howard was the Prime minister of Australia at that time. So it is natural that many news media would cover what he said.

Now, FOX may have given it more prominence, because it is consistent with the far right view promulgated by FOX (Howard was a conservative, after all). But most news media did cover it.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

I've seen this quite recently although I didn't realize it was two years old but I think "the what" of the message is far more important than "the when".

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
I've seen this quite recently although I didn't realize it was two years old but I think "the what" of the message is far more important than "the when".

JLM, it may even have been more than two years. I think it is at least two years old; it is quite an old chestnut.

That is why I was surprised when Stretch dug it up, I didn’t know an E Mail was circulating.

Scott Free

House Member
May 9, 2007
BC
The OP sounds right to me. Imagine if the Indians of North America had been able to keep the Christians and their filthy religion out? It is a good policy. I wonder how long Australia will be able to keep it up.

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
JLM
I've seen this quite recently although I didn't realize it was two years old but I think "the what" of the message is far more important than "the when"

The message should be a part of Canadian Constitution ; next to the Federal Government being prohibited from collecting income-tax .