Beverly Giesbrecht to lose head.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
globeandmail.com: Taliban threaten to behead Canadian hostage

Now, here's a woman that converted to Islam after 9-11......:roll:, who runs an anti-western website Jihad Unspun to undermine the efforts of the US, Britain and Canada in combatting terrorism, who traveled to Pakistan to produce a "documentary" about her Islamofascist jihadist heroes.........who wind up kidnapping her, abusing her, and now threatening to behead her.

And she expects Canada to pay $375,000 to save her sorry ass.

Not bloody likely.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
As long as she is a Canadian screwball she's our responsibility.

Absolutely true....if we find out where she is, by some miracle, we should do everything sensible and possible to secure her release.....

Paying the Taliban is NOT an option.

Personally, I hope she gets loose and comes home.....so much fun to see if her attitude has changed, or if she still is in love with the idea of Jihad.

Oh. Here's a link to her website...

Khadija kidnapped

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Real Jihadists would have killed her a long time ago. If they want cash they aren't "fanatical die hard Jihadists." If it's monetary it's gangs.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Real Jihadists would have killed her a long time ago. If they want cash they aren't "fanatical die hard Jihadists." If it's monetary it's gangs.

They ARE gangs.....they want money to buy ammunition to fire at Canadian soldiers...........why I say 'what a shame about her head......even though it is obviously empty.

Risus

Genius
May 24, 2006
Toronto
globeandmail.com: Taliban threaten to behead Canadian hostage

Now, here's a woman that converted to Islam after 9-11......:roll:, who runs an anti-western website Jihad Unspun to undermine the efforts of the US, Britain and Canada in combatting terrorism, who traveled to Pakistan to produce a "documentary" about her Islamofascist jihadist heroes.........who wind up kidnapping her, abusing her, and now threatening to behead her.

And she expects Canada to pay $375,000 to save her sorry ass.

Not bloody likely.

Personally I think she's getting what she deserves...

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
I also don't agree with paying a ransom as a matter of priniciple to discourage further kidnappings.

I also see no evidence that the people involved are politically motivated. It could just as easily be about greed.

I would not travel to any country which has a travel advisory:

Travel Reports & Warnings

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
Absolutely true....if we find out where she is, by some miracle, we should do everything sensible and possible to secure her release.....

Paying the Taliban is NOT an option.

Personally, I hope she gets loose and comes home.....so much fun to see if her attitude has changed, or if she still is in love with the idea of Jihad.

Oh. Here's a link to her website...

Khadija kidnapped
So on her site it states: She was aware of the risks involved in her latest journey, but had faith in those who were supposed to protect her. So I think that if anyone should pay - it should be the Muslim community - not the Canadian government. Since she was so aware of the risks, why did she go? Is there a chance she is helping them get the money they need?

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
Yep Canadian citizen so she deserves all the help any Canadian abroad deserves. I'm with Colpy, I hope to see her home in Canada again where she can enjoy the rights and privilege this country and culture gives to her in comparison to the hostage situation that her converted culture has led her into.

While the irony is oh so delicious, more important, this shows what it is that our forces among others are over there fighting against. Further I would suggest that all are welcome to reason with the Taliban to release her in the spirit of the Koran and the teachings of their prophet.

Reactions: CDNBear

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
Paying ransom money is not an option. Other than that, she should be given the same protections as Canada would give to any other citizen. The fact that she holds some odious, obnoxious views does not mean that she should not be extended the same rights as any other Canadian citizen.

I think many people misunderstand the concept of equal rights, civil rights, fundamental rights etc. Many people apparently think that it is only the good, upstanding people, the ones who lead perfect lives, who have uncontroversial views, only such people are deserving of rights.

That is a totally wrong view of rights. Equal rights means that everybody has the same rights. Indeed, the true test of whether a country believes in equal rights is how it treats the really obnoxious, hate filled people. If some people are denied equal rights because of their views, where does it end?

So the fact that she holds obnoxious, hateful views should not come into it at all. It is wrong in principle to pay ransom to a terrorist, so that is out. Other than that, Canada should extend the same protection towards her as it would have towards say, Wayne Gretsky, or any other Canadian hero.

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
Yep Canadian citizen so she deserves all the help any Canadian abroad deserves. I'm with Colpy, I hope to see her home in Canada again where she can enjoy the rights and privilege this country and culture gives to her in comparison to the hostage situation that her converted culture has led her into.

While the irony is oh so delicious, more important, this shows what it is that our forces among others are over there fighting against. Further I would suggest that all are welcome to reason with the Taliban to release her in the spirit of the Koran and the teachings of their prophet.

I posted my post without reading yours. I think I was writing my post when you posted yours. But I totally agree with the sentiment.

By all means, Canadian government should talk to Taliban, if that is the normal procedure. If any of the humanitarian workers is willing to have a go, let them try and see if they can get her out. Canadian government should employ all the legitimate means.

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
So I think that if anyone should pay - it should be the Muslim community - not the Canadian government.

Quite right, Islandpacific, if the Muslim community wants to pay the ransom, that is their business. If they are asking 375,000 $, that doesn’t sound like a lot, perhaps one wealthy Muslim businessman may be able to pay it all.

But the government should not be in the business of paying ransom to terrorist. If private citizens want to, that is their business.

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario

Colpy, what will you bet that if by some miracle she manages to return to Canada she will continue to hold the same views as before?

She is a twisted, sick personality. Such personality does not see the world logically. Who knows, she may even find reinforcement of her views in her ordeal and may come back even stronger, more virulent, more hate filled Fundamentalist Muslim.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.

Colpy, what will you bet that if by some miracle she manages to return to Canada she will continue to hold the same views as before?

She is a twisted, sick personality. Such personality does not see the world logically. Who knows, she may even find reinforcement of her views in her ordeal and may come back even stronger, more virulent, more hate filled Fundamentalist Muslim.

In this case, I think you are dead on.

Anyone that sees the horror of 9-11 as a religious experience.....a revelation that turns them to Islam.....well, can you say "psycho"?

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
I hope we don't pay the ransom. For one thing, it would open the floodgates and you would see people start getting kidnapped left and right and threatened with decapitation. Not a good precedent to start.

She sure sounds like a wonderful human being, though.:roll:

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
Another thought occurred to me. How do we know she has been kidnapped? She obviously agrees with her kidnappers. Is this perhaps a fund raising effort by her? Has this been a plot cooked up by Taliban and Beverley to raise some money for Taliban?

It wouldn’t surprise me if the whole thing is a swindle, a con game to raise some money for Taliban.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
Another thought occurred to me. How do we know she has been kidnapped? She obviously agrees with her kidnappers. Is this perhaps a fund raising effort by her? Has this been a plot cooked up by Taliban and Beverley to raise some money for Taliban?

It wouldn’t surprise me if the whole thing is a swindle, a con game to raise some money for Taliban.

:angry3: You beat me to it, Sir Joe. Nothing to lose our heads over.

Trex

Electoral Member
Apr 4, 2007
Hither and yon
You lie down with dogs...and you wake up with fleas.

Canada has a few extremely wealthy Muslims.
I agree with other posters, surely a wealthy Canadian Muslim could do the "right thing" and rescue a true believer.

Trex