Builder on rooftop photographs UFOs over Houses of Parliament

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Builder Derek Burden thought it would be a good idea to take a photograph of England's great capital city whilst on the 16th floor of a building in Covent Garden, in the West End of London.

His magnificent shot of the London skyline took in famous structures such as the Houses of Parliament and the London Eye.

But also in the photo are four identical objects hovering in the sky.

What are they? The politicians' people finally coming to take them back home?

Lights in the sky: Builder on rooftop snaps four 'UFOs' flying over London

By Caroline Graham
18th March 2009
Daily Mail

It's a scenic shot that appears to be out of this world.

Taken on a mobile phone early one morning it captures the London landscape as well as four curious lights hovering over the Houses of Parliament. Could they be UFOs?

Click to Enlarge
The image, taken on a mobile phone, appears to show four UFO shapes in the top right corner

Derek Burden was working on the 16th floor of a building in Covent Garden in the capital's West End when he took the picture at 8.30am.

But it was only when he looked at the image a few days later with his wife Sarah that he noticed the eerie shapes in the cloudy sky.

Mr Burden, 40, said: 'I was waiting for some materials to arrive so I thought I would step out onto the balcony to have a cup of tea. I was 16 floors up and I thought I would take some pictures of the view for my wife who doesn't get to come to London much.

'I didn't notice anything at the time because I was focusing on getting in all the sights but when I showed Sarah that weekend she said "What are those lights in the corner?"'

Mr Burden, from Luton, said the lights are not any kind of reflection, claiming he took the picture outside with no office lights behind him.

He added: 'The picture clearly shows four saucers all the same size. I've shown loads of the guys on the building sites and they're all amazed.

'I took the picture to Boots as well and had it blown up - it looks wicked.'

So are the supposed space ships aliens travelling on their daily commute, or perhaps some outer space shoppers heading up West? Mr Burden is stumped.

'I haven't a clue what the saucers are. I've never really believed in all that,' he said. 'But it's a big old place out there and I think the picture speaks for itself.'

dailymail.co.uk

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Search lights will have the same effect.....given just the right cloud cover....

I've seen the same thing a few times while visiting Toronto.......

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Those certainly don't look anything like ceiling lights reflected in the window the picture was taken through, that's for sure.

nope, not at all. Not one bit.

The fact that he said he didn't notice four gigantic spots of light in an overcast sky goes to show it's a reflection of some sort.