Illegal to Grow Own Food

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
The title of the OP is eroneous in that the proposed bill has NOTHING to do with home grown food for ones own consumption..... but don't let that stop the tin hat brigade...carry on.

Stretch

House Member
Feb 16, 2003
Australia
(1) to manufacture, introduce, deliver for introduction, or receive in interstate commerce any food that is adulterated, misbranded, or otherwise unsafe;

that would pretty much cover anything that is fda approved, would it not.

Stretch

House Member
Feb 16, 2003
Australia
(2) to adulterate or misbrand any food in interstate commerce;
isnt that what monsanto specializes in..adulterating food........

its the thin end of the wedge, get used to it.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
food you grow at home for your own consumption does NOT require FDA or any other federal or state approval..... but like I said..... let the tin hat brigade carry on.

Stretch

House Member
Feb 16, 2003
Australia
food you grow at home for your own consumption does NOT require FDA or any other federal or state approval..... but like I said..... let the tin hat brigade carry on.

actually, my hat is white and bears the canadian saftey standards symbol......
gov approved pesticides, chemicals, and if the seeds aren't monsanto approved........now, where the hell did I bury me rifles..........

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
Holy mind numbing stupidity.

It's introducing laws so that you Stretch, if you were an American, would not go to the grocery store and purchase tomatoes grown in some crackheads back yard using untreated human feces as fertilizer.

I don't know why you'd want to submit yourself to such lax health concerns. Or maybe you'd like to buy my genetically modified tomatoes, that I grew in my greenhouse. No tests were done. Buy at your own risk. Only you won't know the risk. All the distributor knows is that my tomatoes don't bruise, and they have a five day longer shelf life than your standard hot house tomatoes.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Illegal to Grow Own Food

By: disinter
Tags: DICTATORSHIP
Congress is about to make it illegal to grow your own food, or for any farm not to purchase and use government mandated chemicals, additives, and pesticides on all food consumed in the United States, violations are subject to a $1,000,000 dollar fine.
fdralloveragain: Illegal to Grow Own Food

phukem!!!
I think the woman who wrote the comments in red on that webpage needs to learn how to speak and understand English. I read the first couple of lines including her comments and got the impression she was badly misinterpreting what the Act was saying. But then, understanding gov't legalese isn't all that easy sometimes.

Stretch

House Member
Feb 16, 2003
Australia
>>It's introducing laws so that you Stretch, if you were an American, would not go to the grocery store and purchase tomatoes grown in some crackheads back yard using untreated human feces as fertilizer.<<

see there in lies the problem....many many times I have had to pump out my sceptic yank and where better to pump it than on your vegetable garden. best damn tomatos I've ever had, actually the vegies that were grown thanks to untreated human feces were the best damn vegies Id ever grown....and my neighbours and family can atest to that.
and I've never tried crack and dont intend to....but will be looking into the many ways one can use human effluent as fertilizer :lol:
hows that big mac mate?

Stretch

House Member
Feb 16, 2003
Australia
Holy mind numbing stupidity.

It's introducing laws so that you Stretch, if you were an American, would not go to the grocery store and purchase tomatoes grown in some crackheads back yard using untreated human feces as fertilizer.

I don't know why you'd want to submit yourself to such lax health concerns. Or maybe you'd like to buy my genetically modified tomatoes, that I grew in my greenhouse. No tests were done. Buy at your own risk. Only you won't know the risk. All the distributor knows is that my tomatoes don't bruise, and they have a five day longer shelf life than your standard hot house tomatoes.

how can you tell if its gm or not?

Trex

Electoral Member
Apr 4, 2007
Hither and yon
>>It's introducing laws so that you Stretch, if you were an American, would not go to the grocery store and purchase tomatoes grown in some crackheads back yard using untreated human feces as fertilizer.<<

see there in lies the problem....many many times I have had to pump out my sceptic yank and where better to pump it than on your vegetable garden. best damn tomatos I've ever had, actually the vegies that were grown thanks to untreated human feces were the best damn vegies Id ever grown....and my neighbours and family can atest to that.
and I've never tried crack and dont intend to....but will be looking into the many ways one can use human effluent as fertilizer :lol:
hows that big mac mate?

Holy Hanna,
Have you ever heard of a wee beastie called a fecal coliform?
How about Cholera or Typhoid?

For the love of god do not donate your unwanted veggies to the food bank.

Many undeveloped countries do use human sewage as fertilizer.
Hopefully they retain the handed down knowledge on how to do this practice more or less safely.
Developing countries also tend to have a much high infection/death rates than developed countries.
They tend to have especially high infant death rates and parasitic infection rates.
Thats why the fruits and veggies are sterilized or peeled and all the water is boiled.

Pumping raw sewage on edible fruits and vegetables borders on the insane.

You and your personal hygiene habits need to stay far, far away from the rest of civilization.

Please do a little light reading before spreading contagious diseases throughout the population.
Family Sanitation - Taking Care of Human Waste : Benson Institute

Trex

barney

Electoral Member
Aug 1, 2007
I don't know why you'd want to submit yourself to such lax health concerns.

You've completely missed the point of the objection to this legislation: the problem is not quality control but who sets the standards for that "quality."

More specifically, that those standards don't actually protect you from real dangers, found mostly in processed foods. Most of the chemical $hit that will really harm you and your children in the long run is government-approved and at no risk of being banned any time soon.

The underlying effect of laws like this is merely to force consumers to buy more processed foods, which are produced not by local farmers who actually care about quality and the well-being of their fellow citizens but rather multinational corporations that function according to the view that any harm brought upon consumers (read: the poor masses) is a potential minor cost (just to be clear: cost = loss of profits due to loss of health/life; the health/life being lost means absolutely dick-all).

Until the safety and well-being of the population as a whole takes absolute priority at the governmental level, any law that restricts food choice will always play to the interests of agri-giants like Monsanto.

To think otherwise is holy gobsmackingly mindnumbingly f*cktardingly stupid...and irresponsible.

Just as, if not more important: ANY control over production (i.e. not sale) of any necessity is something to be taken extremely seriously. Americans are always blabbing away to high heavan about rights; well, this would be one of those things where "GROSS VIOLATION" comes to mind.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
I think the woman who wrote her comments in red isn't the only one to misinterpret what the Act says.
For instance:
(1) to manufacture, introduce, deliver for introduction, or receive in interstate commerce any food that is adulterated, misbranded, or otherwise unsafe;
and she comments that it means,
(growing an organic tomato in your backyard is now illegal)

It seems to me that it says not to spread food around that may be hazardous and nothing about growing and eating your homegrowns.

Last edited:

barney

Electoral Member
Aug 1, 2007
It's implied. (Yes, sometimes things actually are as bad as they seem. Welcome to reality.)