Hong Kong TV actress banned from roads for drink-driving

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
Hong Kong TV actress banned from roads for drink-driving

News Alerts by Email click here )

Hong Kong - A popular Hong Kong TV actress was Monday banned from driving for 12 months after hitting a motorbike while four-times over the legal blood-alcohol limit. Angela Tong, 34, was also fined 1,200 Hong Kong dollars (155 US dollars) and ordered to do 160 hours community service after admitting to drink-driving and careless driving. Tong, who has appeared in dozens of Chinese language TV movies and a some cinema productions, crashed into a motorcycle at a red traffic light in November, slightly injuring the rider and passenger. A breath test at the scene found she was almost four times over the drink-drive limit at the time of the accident, Hong Kong's Kwun Tong Court was told Monday. Magistrate Amanda Woodcock said Tong had showed remorse for her offence and said it was unlikely she would reoffend, and said a community service order was therefore appropriate. Speaking outside court, Tong told reporters: "I have to do something for society as I have been irresponsible. I appeal to other peopl