For the good of the Americans, the Republicans must go

Tyr

Council Member
Nov 27, 2008
Sitting at my laptop
The GOP is becoming a cartoon

CNN

NEW YORK (CNN) -- The Republican Party is becoming a cartoon.

Where to start?

Bobby Jindal: "I'm certainly not nearly as good of a speaker as Obama." Good OF a speaker? How about not as good at eighth-grade grammar either. It's embarrassing.

Sarah Palin? Billing the taxpayers for her kids to travel to official events the children weren't even invited to? She finally agreed to pay back the state for that money she took.

Her per diem charges to the state in the amount of $17,000 while she was living at home instead of in the governor's mansion? She has now agreed to pay the taxes owed on that money. Another tawdry grab at a few dollars that didn't belong to her.

Michael Steele, the newly elected chairman of the Republican National Committee, down on his knees apologizing to the helium-filled poster boy of the conservative right? Pathetic.

If the Republicans are ever to emerge from the long dark night they have created for themselves it will have to be without pandering to the right wing nuts that comprise Rush Limbaugh's radio audience. Didn't they learn anything in the last election?

All of which is to say the GOP is blowing it big time. They were handed a golden opportunity to redeem themselves with the election of Barack Obama -- a chance to line up and in unison condemn the evil their party put in the White House the previous eight years.

But instead of getting on board the change train and recognizing the incredible amount of damage their people had done to the country, Republicans go blithely along as though nothing has happened. They're busy obstructing Obama's programs and criticizing the Democrats' spending plans that are aimed at trying to bring the country out of a horrible recession.

I hate to break it to them, but a lot has happened. And they're not going to like any of it.

The latest NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll shows the Republican Party's favorability rating at an all-time low. President Obama's is at an all-time high. The same poll shows that Republicans are getting most of the blame for the partisanship that hinders governmental progress. And perhaps most telling, when asked which party is best equipped to lead the country out of recession, the Republicans trail the Democrats by a stunning 30 points.

And while all this is going on, the GOP ran a straw poll on who the party's nominee should be for president in 2012. Ready?

Mitt Romney finished first followed by Bobby Jindal, Ron Paul and Sarah Palin.
The Republican Party is marching double-time down the road to irrelevance and they don't even know it

Just the Facts

House Member
Oct 15, 2004
SW Ontario
Money grubbing politicians abusing their position for personal profit. That's new. Definitely unique to republicans. Certainly doesn't happen outside of the united states either. :)

RanchHand

Electoral Member
Feb 22, 2009
USA
Well we know you didn't write this. Who wrote it at CNN? When did they write it at CNN? Obama's favorability rating is about the same or less than Bush's rating at this time in his presidency. "President Obama's (rating) is at an all-time high"
For Obama? In history of America?
Can you contact CNN and find out for us?
I think the guy at CNN has a powerful point that Jindal spoke incorrectly. Another nail in the coffin of the Republican party.
Brilliant post.

Francis2004

Subjective Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Lower Mainland, BC
The GOP is becoming a cartoon

CNN

NEW YORK (CNN) -- The Republican Party is becoming a cartoon.

Where to start?

Bobby Jindal: "I'm certainly not nearly as good of a speaker as Obama." Good OF a speaker? How about not as good at eighth-grade grammar either. It's embarrassing.

Sarah Palin? Billing the taxpayers for her kids to travel to official events the children weren't even invited to? She finally agreed to pay back the state for that money she took.

Her per diem charges to the state in the amount of $17,000 while she was living at home instead of in the governor's mansion? She has now agreed to pay the taxes owed on that money. Another tawdry grab at a few dollars that didn't belong to her.

Michael Steele, the newly elected chairman of the Republican National Committee, down on his knees apologizing to the helium-filled poster boy of the conservative right? Pathetic.

If the Republicans are ever to emerge from the long dark night they have created for themselves it will have to be without pandering to the right wing nuts that comprise Rush Limbaugh's radio audience. Didn't they learn anything in the last election?

All of which is to say the GOP is blowing it big time. They were handed a golden opportunity to redeem themselves with the election of Barack Obama -- a chance to line up and in unison condemn the evil their party put in the White House the previous eight years.

But instead of getting on board the change train and recognizing the incredible amount of damage their people had done to the country, Republicans go blithely along as though nothing has happened. They're busy obstructing Obama's programs and criticizing the Democrats' spending plans that are aimed at trying to bring the country out of a horrible recession.

I hate to break it to them, but a lot has happened. And they're not going to like any of it.

The latest NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll shows the Republican Party's favorability rating at an all-time low. President Obama's is at an all-time high. The same poll shows that Republicans are getting most of the blame for the partisanship that hinders governmental progress. And perhaps most telling, when asked which party is best equipped to lead the country out of recession, the Republicans trail the Democrats by a stunning 30 points.

And while all this is going on, the GOP ran a straw poll on who the party's nominee should be for president in 2012. Ready?

Mitt Romney finished first followed by Bobby Jindal, Ron Paul and Sarah Palin.
The Republican Party is marching double-time down the road to irrelevance and they don't even know it

Tyr, albeit the Republican party is in disarray it will find it's path back to power. One certainty in life is that things go around and around.. I am sure they are contemplating the day they squish the Democratic party to their turn, but again it will be another cycle to restart.

I read the article myself ( easy to find) and it is only someone's opinion.

Fact remains that a void is made and needs to be filled again and will be.. It will probably take two terms if not one but I guarantee you Republicans gain back power again..

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Ah....I thought this was a Canadian forum?????

And they accuse ME of being obsessed with our friends to the south... :)

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
Tyr, to misquote and paraphrase the immortal Mark Twain, the obituary notices of the Republican Party were grossly exaggerated and totally inmature.

You would be well advised to recall the sorry state of the Democrat Party in 1994. In 1996. In 2000. In 2004.

Parties live and die in cycles. Right now, due to a totally phoney, politically correct, immature and unprepared teleprompter driven empty-suit, the Democrat Party is enjoying a fire-fly resurrection of very temporary duration. So, go and enjoy it, it will come to a crushing halt, when it will be seen - even by the most devout and blind disciples - that the emperor - indeed has no clothes.

Remember: history has a habit of repeating itself. So be mindful that a hated and and unpopular President always gives way to a new preceived saviour. Thus, Nixon spawned Carter.

The 444 days of American hostages, the 18% inflation, the, 14% unemployment and the 20+% of interst rates under Carter gave rise to the Greatest Twentieth Century President, Ronald Reagan.

So, Bush was hated and unpopular. The inflation under his watch is nowhere near to that of the Peanut President. The unemployment rate under Bush's watch is nowhere near of the one under the watch of the Nobel Piss Prize Winner. And let us not forget that the real eastate crush came under the wise Democrat Leadership of Barney Frank and Chris Dodd who usurped House and Senate leadership, respectively.

So, a new Reagan is coming. No one knows yet who he/she might be. The Democrat hate machine already made hay with Palin and Jindahl. Surrise? NO! They love style over substance any day. What I would like to see is a debate between Jindahl and Obama WITHOUT a telepropmter!! Any doubt who would win that?

There is one tyhing we can all agree on: never in history EVER did a person attained the height Obama did less prepared and less qualified.

No matter he was and still is champion of crap and BS.

MissAnnika

Electoral Member
Jun 30, 2008
Ohau, Hawaii
this reminds me of that movie "Eagle Eye" anyone else see that? It had the same concept of removing the evil from politics for the good of society

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
Ahhh, Republicans
An anagram, depending on the degree of commitment to the Party for
Crabs lineup
or
Carbine plus!

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Oh goody! Anagram time.
Lancer Pubis

Cleanup Ribs

Ban Clip Ruse

Nab Relics Up

Bra Nice Plus

Bar Uncle Pis

Ace Burp Nils

Place Rub Sin

Scalper Bun I

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Tyr, albeit the Republican party is in disarray it will find it's path back to power. One certainty in life is that things go around and around.. I am sure they are contemplating the day they squish the Democratic party to their turn, but again it will be another cycle to restart.

I read the article myself ( easy to find) and it is only someone's opinion.

Fact remains that a void is made and needs to be filled again and will be.. It will probably take two terms if not one but I guarantee you Republicans gain back power again..

Agreed Sir Francis. The Republicans will indeed find themselves back in power some day and that is for sure.

But hey... the Democrats have one the day per se and it is their turn so they should enjoy and perhaps try and do some good.

Tyr

Council Member
Nov 27, 2008
Sitting at my laptop
Well we know you didn't write this. Who wrote it at CNN? When did they write it at CNN? Obama's favorability rating is about the same or less than Bush's rating at this time in his presidency. "President Obama's (rating) is at an all-time high"
For Obama? In history of America?
Can you contact CNN and find out for us?
I think the guy at CNN has a powerful point that Jindal spoke incorrectly. Another nail in the coffin of the Republican party.
Brilliant post.

RanchHand

Electoral Member
Feb 22, 2009
USA
Actually, as far as this forum goes, this thread might as well be in the category of 'the lighter side of anti-Americanism'. Laugh on laughing boy.

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
Agreed Sir Francis. The Republicans will indeed find themselves back in power some day and that is for sure.

But hey... the Democrats have one the day per se and it is their turn so they should enjoy and perhaps try and do some good.

I agree, EagelSmack, what goes around comes around. So Republicans will be back in power , the question is only when.

And it really does not depend upon the republicans, it depends upon Obama. If Obama does well, Democrats will continue to remain in power. If there is no recovery by say, middle of next year, Republicans will probably gain control of the House (and perhaps the senate, though that seems less likely).