Pre-emptive strike against Mexico?

Tyr

Council Member
Nov 27, 2008
Sitting at my laptop
How long before the USA dreams up a pretext to invade Mexico. A month. 3 months?

/world

President Obama and Joint Chiefs of Staff chairman Adm. Michael Mullen on Saturday discussed how the U.S. military can assist Mexico in addressing growing violence from drug cartels, according to a military official.
Mexican authorities discovered three headless bodies in Tijuana on Tuesday.

The conversation, which Obama initiated within hours of Mullen's return to the United States from a visit to Mexico City, underscores the growing concern with which the United States views the situation.

"The president was eager to get the chairman's observations on what he found out," the official told CNN.

The president expressed interest in military capabilities that the U.S. has that could help Mexican forces, including intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance technology, the official said.

Mexico's military and police have been embroiled in increasingly violent clashes with cartels, which are battling among themselves for control over an ever-growing market in the United States.

This week, a U.S. citizen was among the three decapitated bodies found in Tijuana, Mexican authorities said Saturday. Growing drug violence has made beheadings in Tijuana, Juarez and other Mexican towns more commonplace over the past year.

The Tijuana attorney general's office identified the man as Jorge Natividad Norman Harrison, 45, who ran a pizzeria in El Mirador, in Tijuana. The bodies were found Tuesday
In a written statement, Mexican officials said they found firearms and more than 100 Valium pills in a search of Harrison's business.
The statement also noted that he had a criminal history in the United States for drugs and conspiracy.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
When it comes to production BC falls waaay behind PQ and a close third behind Manitoba. BC just gets all the press.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Possibly. I think there are differences in soil content, climate, and such that may have a bearing on the quality of pot, though.
IE, picking huckleberries off bushes at the side of the road is popular here, but it is better now that lead isn't in gasoline anymore. The lead content of the bushes isn't as high now.
Another example: some plants are better tasting when coming from acidic soil rather than alkaline soil.

mit

Electoral Member
Nov 26, 2008
SouthWestern Ontario
With virtually every European - Canadian and US government tripping over themselves to bail out the auto industry - where is Mexico's autoindustry bail out funds? Seems they are content to have the jobs but do not want to help out the parent companies that are building the new and modern facilities in their country

Lester

Council Member
Sep 28, 2007
Ardrossan, Alberta
These drug corridors that run between Texas and Mexico are worth billions to the cartels, these cartels are now dressing up as SWAT teams and killing people in Texas. These cartels even have the kahunas to take pot shots across the river from Mexico at US border guards in Texas. The rule of law is braking down in Mexico and travel warnings have been issued from many countries. the death toll from the drug trade is in the tens of thousands.

Tyr

Council Member
Nov 27, 2008
Sitting at my laptop
Hmmm. Note to self.. Cancel Mexican vacation before the troops arrive

With U.S. forces fighting two wars abroad, the nation's top military officer made an important visit last week to forestall a third.
He went to Mexico.
Adm. Mike Mullen, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, made the trip to confer with Mexican leaders about the Merida Initiative, a three-year plan signed into law last June to flood the U.S.-Mexican border region with $1.4 billion in U.S. assistance for law-enforcement training and equipment, as well as technical advice and training to bolster Mexico’s judicial system.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
These drug corridors that run between Texas and Mexico are worth billions to the cartels, these cartels
The CIA are the cartels. If you doubt this then explain the two CIA aircraft that have crashed in Mexico in recent history with several TONNES of cocaine or do some research into Mena Arkansas and in the now famous for 9-11 Venice Florida airport or how that 90% of heroin on the streets of NA and EU is now coming from Afghanistan.

tracy

House Member
Nov 10, 2005
California
This is another silly post. I wonder if all the nutty conspiracy theorists are going to remind us how wrong they were if this type of thing doesn't come to pass in the next 10 years.

Reactions: EagleSmack

Tyr

Council Member
Nov 27, 2008
Sitting at my laptop
This is another silly post. I wonder if all the nutty conspiracy theorists are going to remind us how wrong they were if this type of thing doesn't come to pass in the next 10 years.

Glad you were able to understand it (I think). How about will this come to pass in the next 9 months?

America needs and wants an new "bad guy" to deflect attentionfrom the sorry state of their society

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island

Dear cousin Tracy,
The real conspiracies are more bizarre than the Rod Serling ones!
My best to Uncle Jon!

tracy

House Member
Nov 10, 2005
California
Glad you were able to understand it (I think). How about will this come to pass in the next 9 months?

America needs and wants an new "bad guy" to deflect attentionfrom the sorry state of their society

They don't need a new bad guy. The old ones are still working just fine.

I live about a 3 hour drive from the border. I've been to Tijuana more times than I'd care to admit. It's a sh*thole that I wouldn't stay in past dark. If they need help dealing with the drug trade, they may get help. They aren't going to get a US invasion.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Are you saying that Ollie North and CIA never imported and sold drugs in order to buy arms from Israel to give to the evil Iran to fight Iraq?

So who did that then? Imaginary boogeymen?