Why isn't Obama making any inspiring speeches?

dumpthemonarchy

House Member
Jan 18, 2005
Vancouver
www.cynicsunlimited.com
Before the US election, Obama made plenty of inspiring speeches. Now he makes none. He must be saving up for some future event. Seems a little suspicious to me right now. Suddenly he seems to have done 180 degree turn, so I think that is odd.

s_lone

Council Member
Feb 16, 2005
Montreal
Maybe he's busy being a president. He doesn't need to seduce the population anymore. Smooth talking won't fix the US.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
Yeah, Slone pretty much nailed it. Before the election he was working to get elected. Now that he's elected, he doesn't have time to tour the country making ten speeches a day, interviews, talk shows, etc. He does have a job to do, whether you believe that or not...

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
He made one a couple of days back that insprired me- but who cares? Action is much more inspiring than talk.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
After thumping the RNC so badly.... who's he gotta impress?

He has to KEEP impressing the American people.....and Congress, if he wants anything done.

You see, the USA doesn't elect a five year dictator like we do in Canada....in the USA the President has to work to maintain support throughout his term.

Tyr

Council Member
Nov 27, 2008
Sitting at my laptop
He has to KEEP impressing the American people.....and Congress, if he wants anything done.

You see, the USA doesn't elect a five year dictator like we do in Canada....in the USA the President has to work to maintain support throughout his term.

uh no. He's elected to a four yr term and cannot be hoofed out on a whim as in Canada

He also has virtual control of the houses, so I think it's a safe bet that he can do pretty much as he pleases

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
uh no. He's elected to a four yr term and cannot be hoofed out on a whim as in Canada

He also has virtual control of the houses, so I think it's a safe bet that he can do pretty much as he pleases

So, when was the last time a Canadian majority gov't (like Obama has, Democrat majorities in both houses) was hoofed out on a whim?

Here's a hint.....Canadian PMs with majorities aren't. They can literally do whatsoever they please. Canada is the LEAST democratic of the democratic nations. That is reality.

Unlike in the USA.....because party discipline in the USA is.......elusive, to say the least. The President simply has no way to reward or punish Representatives or Senators....thus he can be ignored...and they can even override him at will.

In Canada, especially since that scumball Trudeau, MPs are "nobodies"....you might as well have a bunch of the PM's thumb puppets in there.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Tyr knows very little about American politics and Americans except that he wants to be one.

Risus

Genius
May 24, 2006
Toronto
Before the US election, Obama made plenty of inspiring speeches. Now he makes none. He must be saving up for some future event. Seems a little suspicious to me right now. Suddenly he seems to have done 180 degree turn, so I think that is odd.
Because he has nothing worth listening to.... Rush was right....

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
Because he is very busy doing insead of talking, time for talking is over.

His talking will be that of informing the public of actions they are taking, doesn't
have to promise any more, has the support of the majority of the people to go
ahead and 'do things', and the total failure of the previous government has made
that task next to 'impossible', but they have to dig in and 'do'.