More Mexican immigrants move home

Tyr

Council Member
Nov 27, 2008
Sitting at my laptop
Does this mean that Americans will actually have to clean their own homes???

Amid all the talk this election season about tightening security along the U.S.-Mexico border, legions of Mexican immigrants have been exiting the U.S. because of the economic crisis. For instance, municipal officials in Mexico City predict that 20,000 to 30,000 of the city's former residents will move back this Christmas alone. That may be due in part to rising unemployment among Mexican immigrants, which, according to the Pew Hispanic Center, is now higher than the jobless rate for the general workforce in the U.S. Mexicans also sent home 12% less cash in August than they did in the same month last year, the biggest decline in over a decade. All of which is bad news for Mexico, since remittances are its second-largest source of foreign income after oil exports.

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
Hopefully, some of the people who are going back might be able to teach what they learned in america to there mexican friends in mexico and hopefully motivate them to forming small business's, and expand there industries (one could hope). That way mabye america can focus shift a little more attention to other major concerns

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
Does this mean that Americans will actually have to clean their own homes???

Amid all the talk this election season about tightening security along the U.S.-Mexico border, legions of Mexican immigrants have been exiting the U.S. because of the economic crisis. For instance, municipal officials in Mexico City predict that 20,000 to 30,000 of the city's former residents will move back this Christmas alone. That may be due in part to rising unemployment among Mexican immigrants, which, according to the Pew Hispanic Center, is now higher than the jobless rate for the general workforce in the U.S. Mexicans also sent home 12% less cash in August than they did in the same month last year, the biggest decline in over a decade. All of which is bad news for Mexico, since remittances are its second-largest source of foreign income after oil exports.
I'm a tad curious Tyr. Obviously this is an article you have copied and pasted. Is this article a tad old or are you referring to Christmas of 2009? It's just a little confusing.

normbc9

Electoral Member
Nov 23, 2006
California
I sure don't blame them. Who in their right mind being jobless would accept California IOU's for the Welfare or Unemployment Benefits checks? And there aren't as many available jobs either now.

tracy

House Member
Nov 10, 2005
California
Many of them wouldn't qualify for government benefits at all since they aren't legal residents. It's probably just as well they go home. No work here, so what's the point of staying?

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Actually this is kinda interesting. Mexico and the main bank Bancomer make a lot of revenue from Mexican immigrants sending money back to loved ones south of the border.

This has declined by 2.2% since the economy turned south.

Remittances, is Mexico's second-largest source of foreign income after oil.

bluedog

Electoral Member
Jun 16, 2009
Nebraska
Absooooolutely! Send me your link!

Actually this is kinda interesting. Mexico and the main bank Bancomer make a lot of revenue from Mexican immigrants sending money back to loved ones south of the border.

This has declined by 2.2% since the economy turned south.

Remittances, is Mexico's second-largest source of foreign income after oil.

Sir,
I have worked with illegals from Alaska to Oregon to Kansas along Interstate 35. I watched them all run to the telegraph office on payday. Everywhere. When asked WHY, they say it is to payback the coyotes that helped bring them across the Border... but, over 12mos later???? Bull.
I would appreciate your link. Thanks.

bluedog

Electoral Member
Jun 16, 2009
Nebraska
?Benefits?

Many of them wouldn't qualify for government benefits at all since they aren't legal residents. It's probably just as well they go home. No work here, so what's the point of staying?

In the US they ALL get the benefits. Most of our Welfare Queens of this generation are illegal single AND illegal married mothers and fathers of Immigrant Children- but the children drain us of foodstamps, medicaid costs,and housing allowances, since these Children were born North of the Border.
Illegals are fighting in Iraq and Afganistan, to get promised guaranteed citizenship with full benefits, rather than be seized and deported to our friends in the Mexican Government. Felons or NOT! Horrid, simply horrid.