Man robs store with Klingon sword

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC

WORLD IN BRIEF - Nova Scotia News - TheChronicleHerald.ca

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (AP) — Colorado police say a man with too much Star Trek on his mind used a sword modelled after the weapon carried by Klingon warriors to demand money from two convenience stores.

Investigators say the man took an unknown amount of cash from a 7-Eleven store Wednesday but left empty-handed when he tried to rob another store about 25 minutes later.

Police Lt. David Whitlock says no one was injured.

The StarTrek.com website says the double-pointed sword used by the Klingons on Star Trek is crescent-shaped and about a metre long.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
It doesn't seem much more dangerous than a pointed stick or a club. It looks like it was made from a piece of aluminum plate. I'd worry more about an axe or a knife.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
It doesn't seem much more dangerous than a pointed stick or a club. It looks like it was made from a piece of aluminum plate. I'd worry more about an axe or a knife.

My husband was mortified when he tried to sneak into the house unexpectedly one night (he was supposed to be out of town), and was greeted by me and a knife at the back door. He commented on how silly I was to have grabbed my little paring knife, until I pointed out that a smaller stout blade means I can jab quickly in close quarters and slip between ribs much more easily than trying to wield the butcher knife. I'd be with you on not being terribly afraid for my life from that weapon. But, at the same time, I don't like so much as a stubbed toe, so, I'd still do what I was told. lol.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan

Ya' know....given two hours, a bench grinder, a side grinder, a six pack
of Coors Lite, some fine files, several grits of sandpaper, and a sharpening
steel, that can opener could become a real weapon...aluminum or not. :lol:

Oh yeah, add a bench vise to that list.

Last edited:

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Ya' know....given two hours, a bench grinder, a side grinder, a six pack
of Coors Lite, some fine files, several grits of sandpaper, and a sharpening
steel, that can opener could become a real weapon...aluminum or not. :lol:

Oh yeah, add a bench vise to that list.

Wouldn't make a great concealed weapon though...ooh.....ouch.....ooh...;-):lol:

Outta here

Senate Member
Jul 8, 2005
Edmonton AB
I'm actually a fan of the old Star Trek shows... but yanno, that whole "Klingon" thing... couldn't they have come up with a better name than that? I just pulled one of those off my dog's behind yesterday! :angry3: :lol:

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
I'm actually a fan of the old Star Trek shows... but yanno, that whole "Klingon" thing... couldn't they have come up with a better name than that? I just pulled one of those off my dog's behind yesterday! :angry3: :lol:

And I'll bet he fought with tenacity and honour before being plucked from his home, didn't he?:lol::p:lol:

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury

I think that's sorta where the name sprouted ... beyond the fine ol' frontier with a probe circling Uranus wiping out cling-ons

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
...guess they ran out of inspiration after the "Trouble with Tribbles" episode. ROFL

That is true. Judging by how the Tribbles looked, they could easily wipe out any Klingons that dared get in their way.;-):lol::p