WTF is wrong with the police?

Scott Free

House Member
May 9, 2007
BC
What is wrong with police?

I get the idea: that so long as they only persecute the criminally minded then their antics should be tolerated, but it is my opinion that they have been going crazy lately.

No longer are you safe thinking that so long as you follow the thousands of insane laws our elite jam down our throats that you'll be safe. Over and over again the police are attacking and abusing everyday people doing everyday things.

So for example:

After lights, sirens on I-94, lots of questions - Video

A state trooper rammed a Hudson, Wis., man's van on New Year's Eve and arrested him for fleeing a traffic stop because he did not quickly pull over. The driver, who had his kids along, says he was looking for a safe place to stop.

Or this:

Taser guns 'raised deaths in custody'

SUDDEN deaths among people being held by police in California increased sixfold in the first year after police departments there began using Taser stun guns, according to a survey by the University of California, San Francisco. The finding appears to back Amnesty International's view that Tasers are a threat to life.

more...

Or what about:

Cop Punches Teen Girl In Face Multiple Times - video

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
We are nearly 36 days into the New Year and yet you hate the police so much you are searching that far back for reasons to have other people hate them too. Wow - That's Funny!

Scott Free

House Member
May 9, 2007
BC
Italian red-light cameras rigged with shorter yellow lights

As if red-light and speed cameras weren't already controversial enough, a recent discovery in Italy is sure to send all drivers over to the Hatorade stand. A programmer and 108 other individuals are being investigated for rigging a "smart" traffic light system to purposefully trap drivers and fine them for violations, with some speculating that up to a million Italian drivers have been unfairly slapped with fines.

A 45-year-old engineering graduate from Genoa named Stefano Arrighetti is responsible for programming the T-Redspeed system that has been implemented throughout Italy. T-Redspeed uses three cameras as part of the traffic light system, which is meant to determine the exact 3D placement of vehicles going through the intersection in addition to storing their licence plate information. When drivers are caught running a red light, performing an illegal left turn, or any number of other violations, they are automatically fined €150 for each incident.

more...

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
I don't see anything to reply to!

Then wtf did you reply/post?

Anyways, in regards to the topic, I wouldn't say all of them are like this, but I wouldn't be suprised if there were depts. that actually did half of this crap not just to make it seem like they're actually doing their jobs, but also because some of them .......well....

^ Because it's the only thing they got in their lives.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
What is wrong with police?

I get the idea: that so long as they only persecute the criminally minded then their antics should be tolerated, but it is my opinion that they have been going crazy lately.

No longer are you safe thinking that so long as you follow the thousands of insane laws our elite jam down our throats that you'll be safe. Over and over again the police are attacking and abusing everyday people doing everyday things.

So for example:

After lights, sirens on I-94, lots of questions - Video

A state trooper rammed a Hudson, Wis., man's van on New Year's Eve and arrested him for fleeing a traffic stop because he did not quickly pull over. The driver, who had his kids along, says he was looking for a safe place to stop.

Or this:

Taser guns 'raised deaths in custody'

SUDDEN deaths among people being held by police in California increased sixfold in the first year after police departments there began using Taser stun guns, according to a survey by the University of California, San Francisco. The finding appears to back Amnesty International's view that Tasers are a threat to life.

more...

Or what about:

Cop Punches Teen Girl In Face Multiple Times - video

I think like most professions, they have their screwups while 95% do their job properly.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
The internet is what's wrong. It skews your perception.

The stories of abuse are coming from all over the globe. That means millions and millions of faulty human beings that you're drawing your pool of examples from. Of course there will be screw ups and abuses of power. But, very few of them actually apply to us here and now. I don't see a single example (although I know there are many) here from Canada.

It's much like parents who read the daily news on the net and see 50 children who've died in assorted horrific accidents. It's nerve wracking, it makes it feel like your own kid could die any second. But the fact that they're global stories, designed to shock, designed to distress you and keep you coming back to the papers for more, seems to escape many. You're really much safer than the news would like to make you think.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
"Then wtf did you reply/post?" W.T.F. don't you get lost, imbecile?

Oh goodie, unwarrented personal insults.... how charming.

I asked a ligit question and you get uppity?

You didn't find anything to reply to, then why did you bother to reply to let us know? Why not just not reply??

Basic question, it's not complicated.... who's the imbecile again? :roll:

Blow it out your ass.... ass.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
The internet is what's wrong. It skews your perception.

The stories of abuse are coming from all over the globe. That means millions and millions of faulty human beings that you're drawing your pool of examples from. Of course there will be screw ups and abuses of power. But, very few of them actually apply to us here and now. I don't see a single example (although I know there are many) here from Canada.

It's much like parents who read the daily news on the net and see 50 children who've died in assorted horrific accidents. It's nerve wracking, it makes it feel like your own kid could die any second. But the fact that they're global stories, designed to shock, designed to distress you and keep you coming back to the papers for more, seems to escape many. You're really much safer than the news would like to make you think.

Exactly... focus on those who are causing the isolated incidents.... if it's an entire dept., then fire the head guys, put someone else in there to do the job right and work your way down the system from there.... if the officers under their authority remain the same as before, then fire their asses and replace them.... but deal with it according to chain of command, which means if you run the department, you are accountable for your officer's actions. If you do not manage damage control and deal with those officers as they should be, then you're the problem and you need to be replaced, or else it only gets worse from there.

When you tally up all the bad stories from around the world over a number of years, it's gonna look bad and it's gonna look like a lot.... yet compare that to the number of good things that have been done around the world over the same amount of years and you'll see there isn't really much of a serious problem when it comes to the general police force as a whole.

If there was, it'd be a very big issue and many more people would be talking about it.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
There were 3 elderly people snowplowed along with the snow in Quebec..just what is upo with snowplow ops?:smile:

I believe they said in a recent report relating to those deaths is that snowplows and larger trucks have actually 5 blind spots, more then the average vehicle, and therefore there is a greater chance of getting smacked by one of them then by a regular car, if you yourself, are not paying attention.

You can't rely on everybody else to look out for you.

~ And yes, I know you were trying to imply a joke.... I just decided to ruin it for you :p

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
It's the 16 hour shifts and lack of sleep,too...contributing factors in the deaths[and I don't mean us elderly people,either!]Our police force only hires graduates of Holland College,so we have one of the better trained cadres ,but way back when,it was a different story..nepotism and religion[so many Catholics and an equal number of Protestants and sons of formers members were the only hires.]

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Nomcompoops writing conflicting rules?
Kids you can't discipline growing up?
Too many right/wrong answers?
Not enough questions?

What's wrong with the police is what's wrong with society....