Is Capitalism Dieing?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Answer. It already died.

Are we stupid enought to try it for a 4th time in 100 years or less?

What is next?

Borrow more from the communists or join them?

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
lol Capitalism dead? Is this a dream of yours?
In case you haven't noticed it, some twisted version of capitalism is what got the world into a mess in the first place and a few countries are trying to use capitalism to get rid of the mess.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
We don't live in a capitalist society. We live in a corporatist one.

FrontPage Magazine

I like this...

"
Fannie Mae, the government agency which raises money for mortgage loans in the private capital markets. This agency has deliberately been spinning out loans to sub-par borrowers who are doomed to default on them. It has become a major prop holding up real-estate prices, and is thus a key culprit in the ongoing mortgage bubble. Conservatives accept it on the grounds that home ownership makes people more conservative. But this may not be true forever if private ownership of housing becomes a public entitlement. This is part of an ongoing phenomenon that corporatism helps to drive: the erosion of the determination of political preferences by the ownership of property.3"

Consider that it was written over six years ago.

Last edited:

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
I think people are well aware of what capitalism is. To call what we have today "capitalism" is an oversimplification.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
If capaitalism worked it wouldn't be taking loans from commies or using public money get out of trouble. Non dead economic systems don't require loans or bails out 4 times a century. I too could live forever with a new heart and lungs every 25 years if someone paid for it.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
If capaitalism worked it wouldn't be taking loans from commies or using public money get out of trouble. Non dead economic systems don't require loans or bails out 4 times a century. I too could live forever with a new heart and lungs every 25 years if someone paid for it.
lol and if communism worked, China wouldn't be capitalizing on capitalism.