Michael Phelps: Dope Smoker

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Is there anyone who doesn't smoke that stuff?

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
If I had known the effects of the stuff I would've done more and tried for 8 Olympic medals.

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
Not me either. I don't smoke period. I don't understand why you guys want that crap.

Francis2004

Subjective Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Lower Mainland, BC
Ah, but for a nickle, the dealer will sell you some sweet dreams! - to paraphrase Steppenwolf. Ya shouldn't knock anything you never tried.

Except when being near the weed makes you swell up like a blowfish.. :angryfire:

That goes for Tobacco or any ragweed family products.. Yes even Tomatoes...

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
Ah, but for a nickle, the dealer will sell you some sweet dreams! - to paraphrase Steppenwolf. Ya shouldn't knock anything you never tried.
Me thinks I know you too well. I saw you quoted lower down on the page and I thought "Those words are Cliff's response to me" and voila! Here is my answer. I'm never going to try it regardless but - that's just me. I can think of better ways to spend my dime (and my nickle too). If you are still here on line - sweet dreams. Sounds like Spade is going to have some. :smile:

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Except when being near the weed makes you swell up like a blowfish.. :angryfire:

Holy Cow, SirFrancis, you smoked tomato leaves. That must have been really harsh man.:pukeright: I think I would swell up like a blowfish too!

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC

Well to each their own.... I used to drink all the time, now I screwed my stomach and can't drink without crapping out liquid fire for 2 days.....

But even when I did take the time to drink, I never understood why people did.... you get sick, puke your guts up, loose your co-ordination, tend to act either stupid, ignorant, jerkish, violent, or something else not all that positive.... you can end up forgetting what you did most of the night before in some cases...... it's expensive considering what you need to spend to get some sort of an effect in just one night..... I could spend the same amount of weed that would last me at least three days.

But people do, so who am I to argue?

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
Michael Phelps problem now is if his sponsors pull out, this is a huge money loser.

One thing I never got was who cares? What's done on his own personal time is nobody else's business. Sure everybody's used to the tabloids giving us all the personal details of celeb's off work lifestyle, but that doesn't make it right..... it's an invasion of privacy and so long as they can do what they're meant to do in their jobs, whatever that may be.... what should it matter if they smoke pot, drink all the time, or have big sex parties?

Sure this is the US and marijuana is more looked down apon then a masturbating priest, but come on..... (No pun intended)

Actually, what sort of effect would it have on the public's image if he was caught having a big orgy, compared to smoking a bong? One's legal and the other isn't.... but what effect would have been made?

But I think the balls in his court.... who cares about what sponsors drop? He's got friggin gold medals up the wazoo..... I'm sure many other sponsors would love to take their place..... like Mary Jane's Smoke Shop, or High Times Magazine.

In fact, he shouldn't have apologized.... he should have taking his position and used it to promote the decriminalization of marijuana in the US, followed by the legalization there after.

He's got the power man.

Added:

If my private life was exposed like that to the public and I was in a position like he was, I'd be doing exactly what they wouldn't be expecting and turn the whole situation up apon its ass.... and cause a huge stink of a movement..... that'll learn em.