See ya Dubya

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Like any other figure, history will be the judge. The effects of Bush's presidency are not completely known and only those with an agenda would definitively say either way.

dj03

Electoral Member
Oct 9, 2007
Calgary
I appreciated the fact that he supported free trade and also got a lot of money designated to fight against HIV/AIDS in Africa, but he screwed up so many other things that I'm really glad to see him leave.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I appreciated the fact that he supported free trade and also got a lot of money designated to fight against HIV/AIDS in Africa, but he screwed up so many other things that I'm really glad to see him leave.

I think his biggest screw up that doesn't seem to be generally recognized is lack of timely action with Katrina. I don't hold it against him, going after Saddam, that bastard needed it and the world got rid of a lot of baddies, including his two sons- people in general are largely hypocritical, when they all thought there were W.M.D.s they were behind Bush, and no one has ever PROVEN that there weren't, they JUST weren't FOUND. If he's going to be considered an Assh*le over the economy I guess virtually every leader in the world is one. I wouldn't go as far as to say George was a great president, but I think his reputation will be better in 10 years. Hell even Nixon's improved so anything is possible.

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
His biggest screw up is war! He didn't have to go to war. Actually he didn't. Just sent others out to die in his name.

dj03

Electoral Member
Oct 9, 2007
Calgary
His biggest screw up is war! He didn't have to go to war. Actually he didn't. Just sent others out to die in his name.

I think he had to go to war in Afghanistan but Iraq was not necessary.

If he had stuck with Afghanistan and used overwhelming force he would have probably captured bin Laden and established a successful democracy.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

On this I.P. I think we have to agree to disagree slightly. Katrina was more "cut and dried" than Afghanistan and Iraq, any decision there to do something constructive would have been better than what he didn't do. As for war, sometimes, sadly, they are necessary and after 9/11 Bush had to do something to show both people at home and the agressors that he wasn't going to be "walked on". As far as Iraq is concerned, in the long run I think Iraq will be better off because Bush got rid of Saddam, how much better only time will tell.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I think he had to go to war in Afghanistan but Iraq was not necessary.

If he had stuck with Afghanistan and used overwhelming force he would have probably captured bin Laden and established a successful democracy.

yeah, I kind of think that would have been his best move, he could have still gone after Saddam when he was done in Afghanistan.

dj03

Electoral Member
Oct 9, 2007
Calgary
As far as Iraq is concerned, in the long run I think Iraq will be better off because Bush got rid of Saddam, how much better only time will tell.

I think this falls to Obama, I think there is still a reasonable chance of Iraq descending into civil war if the pull out is not handled properly, or maybe even if a pull out occurs at all.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
The more the better. An American traitor. Can't say enough bad about him.:angry3:

The trick is to do the "right amount" of bad mouthing, when some guy is continusously being harped on for nebulous and neurotic reasons, it starts to detract from the credibility.