UN headquarters in Gaza hit by Israeli 'white phosphorus' shells

Stretch

House Member
Feb 16, 2003
Australia
The main UN compound in Gaza was in flames today after being struck by Israeli artillery fire, and a spokesman said that the building had been hit by shells containing the incendiary agent white phosphorus.
The attack on the headquarters of the UN Relief and Works Agency (UNRWA) came as Ban Ki Moon, the UN Secretary-General, arrived in Israel on a peace mission and plunged Israel's relations with the world body to a new low.
UN headquarters in Gaza hit by Israeli 'white phosphorus' shells - Times Online

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Mr Ban expressed his "strong protest and outrage" at the shelling and demanded an investigation, only to be told by apologetic Israeli leaders that their forces had been returning fire from within the UN compound.

Related Links

"The Israeli forces were attacked from there and their response was severe," Ehud Olmert, the Prime Minister, told the UN chief, according to a statement released by his office.
"We do not want such incidents to take place and I am sorry for it but I don’t know if you know, but Hamas fired from the UNRWA site. This is a sad incident and I apologise for it."

"Apologize for it" Good lord, they should have left the place a smoking hole in the ground.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
This isn't the first tine the Israelis have fired on a UN compound. Of course the Israelis would never lie about these things would they? :roll:

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
This isn't the first tine the Israelis have fired on a UN compound. Of course the Israelis would never lie about these things would they? :roll:

Is that a sarcastic remark towards Israel and/or the Jewish? That's Antisemitism and I don't have to take it *Sprays Juan with Mace*

POLICE!!!! Antisemitism!!!!! POOOOOO-LICE!!!!! Jew-Hater!!!! *Kicks Juan in the ribs while he's lying on the ground rubbing his eyes*

Israel is your Master, you will obey and not make fun of any decisions or actions they make..... or it's Antisemitism!!!! :roll:

Oh crap, now I'm guilty of sarcasm against Israel..... *snaps finger* darn.

Stretch

House Member
Feb 16, 2003
Australia
Would United Nations Workers In Gaza Live Longer If They Stop Giving Israel Their Coordinates?

Tags: ISRAEL PALESTINE
Ehud calls it another big mistake. The bombing of UN headquarters that is. Yea right Ehud. It's getting harder and harder to keep track of Ehud's big mistakes. Once again the UN gave Israel its coordinates just like the UN truck driver last week and once again Apartheid Israel did its best to blow the crap out of them.
Liberal White Boy: Would United Nations Workers In Gaza Live Longer If They Stop Giving Israel Their Coordinates?