Brave Israeli Soldiers Shoot Woman In The Head Despite Waving White Flag

Stretch

House Member
Feb 16, 2003
Australia
'At around 8 am, the witnesses said, a 50-year-old Palestinian woman left the home of a relative while waving a white flag to allow the rest of her family to leave the home safely.
According to the eyewitnesses, Ravhiya al-Najar was shot at just as she stepped out of the house and immediately fell to the ground. She continued to wave the white flag to indicate that there were no armed men in the area, but then one of the bullets struck her head and killed her, they said.
An ambulance driver who arrived at the scene said the woman lay dead at the side of the road, but added that he was forced to backtrack after IDF forces opened fire in his direction.'
B'Tselem: Gaza woman killed by IDF despite waving white flag - Israel News, Ynetnews

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
You mean "allegedly" I presume.

"The IDF said in response to the B'Tselem report "we have no knowledge of these incidents. The army is targeting Hamas gunmen who are operating out of populated areas and using civilians as human shields. The civilian population in Gaza is not being targeted.""

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006
I can actually believe this occurred. Someone randomly stepping out from cover in a warzone waving a hankerchief isn't likely to be discernable in a warzone at 500m-1km. Someone breaks from cover a soldier (any soldier in any military in the world) is trained to open fire as a reaction.

Gaza citizens should be given basic training for how to remain as safe as possible in a warzone. Of course then whatever you tell them will be exploited by some yahoo militant group looking for a kill and ruin it for everyone.

The rules of war, are there to protect the underdog, not the superpower. Why Hamas insists on fighting against the rules of war, hiding in cities I do not know.

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006
Even if they weren't, you don't get in the middle of a gunfight and run out suddenly from cover if you don't wanna get shot from both sides within a fraction of a second.

Stretch

House Member
Feb 16, 2003
Australia
well, I s'pose if israel is going to shoot at clearly marked ambulances, un compounds, schools, and safe houses, then a white flag is gunna mean bugger all, isn't it!

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006
well, I s'pose if israel is going to shoot at clearly marked ambulances, un compounds, schools, and safe houses, then a white flag is gunna mean bugger all, isn't it!

Well lets be fair here, all of the above have been used by militants before, thats why using ambulances and schools as military vehicles is against the rules, as it means they now get shot.

The UN still doesn't see a problem with its staff also being militants and being able to remain neutral.

When UN employees are picking up rifles, and firing mortars its kinda hard to see them as neutral, even if they are "off the clock" while they shoot (And on the clock when shot)

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Well lets be fair here, all of the above have been used by militants before, thats why using ambulances and schools as military vehicles is against the rules, as it means they now get shot.

The UN still doesn't see a problem with its staff also being militants and being able to remain neutral.

When UN employees are picking up rifles, and firing mortars its kinda hard to see them as neutral, even if they are "off the clock" while they shoot (And on the clock when shot)

You got it real bad Zzarchov. Next we'll here about the 500 dead child militants who make a habit of hiding in sandboxes and prams to trap the kind humanitarian IDF heros. You're bottomless Zzarchov, get some help.

Stretch

House Member
Feb 16, 2003
Australia
there are no rules left, are there, back in the "good ol' days of war" wars were fought with rules....but since the us of g introduced and condoned torture, then the rule book was basically torn up and tossed out the window. Now its every man for himself............

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
There are no men in the IDF only cowards thievs and murderers, every last one of them should be worked till they drop rebuilding Palestine and eraseing all evidence of Israel.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC

Who said they have been used before by militants? Israel? Yeah I thought so.

So even in the remote chance that they actually used an ambulance for cover from the enemy, that means all ambulances here on in are fair game?

And you think the UN would actually allow militants to use their own compounds to launch attacks? So now any attack on the UN is justified?

You know what I really love about this whole conflict?

No matter what actually happens by the hands of Israel, no matter how evil or inhumane...... there's always someone out there to justify those actions.... Oh, they should be allowed to defend themselves, they have to suffer from randomly fired and crappy home made rockets that usually hit nothing but dirt...... so let's head on into Gaza and Genocide the whole lot of them.

That'll smartn' them up and show them who's boss..... afterall, it's their right to kill off the undesirables anyway they wish.

You have any proof to back up that claim? No wait, I forgot, you don't supply sources and just expect us to find it ourselves.

Tell you what, I'll actually try and search for anything that could collaborate what you claim:

Nope.... not a damn thing out there except reports of people claiming militants used the UN school for cover that Israel bombed...... oh and this:

Israeli forces shell UN headquarters in Gaza
Israeli forces shell UN headquarters in Gaza - wtop.com

"Israel shelled the United Nations headquarters in the Gaza Strip on Thursday, engulfing the compound and the main warehouse in fire and destroying thousands of pounds of food and humanitarian supplies intended for Palestinian refugees.

The U.N. chief, in Israel for the day, demanded a "full explanation."

A senior Israeli military officer said Israeli troops shelled after coming under fire from Palestinian militants inside the compound _ an account dismissed by a U.N. official there at the time as "nonsense."

^ Great people you're siding with.

Once again, provide sources to back up your claims, because I spent 5 damn minutes looking for anything that could relate to what you said and found nothing.

So either start backing up your claims or stop lying.

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006
Sure I do, I've posted it before, CBC 2004:

This claim:

The very idea that individuals with clear links to the Hamas terrorist network maybe on the Unwra payroll is totally unacceptable and should be properly investigated

Dan Gillerman
Israeli UN ambassador

Followed by this refute to the CBC

Mr Hansen acknowledged that some of Unrwa's 24,000 Palestinian employees were probably members of militant groups such as Hamas.
"I'm sure that there are Hamas members on the Unrwa payroll," Mr Hansen said. "I don't see that as a crime."

That would be Peter Hansen, head of the UN efforts in Gaza at the time.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
The very idea that individuals with clear links to the Hamas terrorist network maybe on the Unwra payroll is totally unacceptable and should be properly investigated

^ Maybe.

Going with that Guilty before proven Innocent mentality they use down there in Gitmo?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Who said they have been used before by militants? Israel? Yeah I thought so.

So even in the remote chance that they actually used an ambulance for cover from the enemy, that means all ambulances here on in are fair game?

And you think the UN would actually allow militants to use their own compounds to launch attacks? So now any attack on the UN is justified?

You know what I really love about this whole conflict?

No matter what actually happens by the hands of Israel, no matter how evil or inhumane...... there's always someone out there to justify those actions.... Oh, they should be allowed to defend themselves, they have to suffer from randomly fired and crappy home made rockets that usually hit nothing but dirt...... so let's head on into Gaza and Genocide the whole lot of them.

That'll smartn' them up and show them who's boss..... afterall, it's their right to kill off the undesirables anyway they wish.

You have any proof to back up that claim? No wait, I forgot, you don't supply sources and just expect us to find it ourselves.

Tell you what, I'll actually try and search for anything that could collaborate what you claim:

Nope.... not a damn thing out there except reports of people claiming militants used the UN school for cover that Israel bombed...... oh and this:

Israeli forces shell UN headquarters in Gaza
Israeli forces shell UN headquarters in Gaza - wtop.com

"Israel shelled the United Nations headquarters in the Gaza Strip on Thursday, engulfing the compound and the main warehouse in fire and destroying thousands of pounds of food and humanitarian supplies intended for Palestinian refugees.

The U.N. chief, in Israel for the day, demanded a "full explanation."

A senior Israeli military officer said Israeli troops shelled after coming under fire from Palestinian militants inside the compound _ an account dismissed by a U.N. official there at the time as "nonsense."

^ Great people you're siding with.

Once again, provide sources to back up your claims, because I spent 5 damn minutes looking for anything that could relate to what you said and found nothing.

So either start backing up your claims or stop lying.

They are all nuts over there and have been for 60 years, not sure why this stuff is even "news" anymore. Anyone who was really sane would get the hell out.

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006

^ Maybe.

Going with that Guilty before proven Innocent mentality they use down there in Gitmo?

And then the response from the UN was that he was SURE they WERE on the payroll, and that he didn't see a problem with that.

If you admit to something, thats called a confession..if you admit it without any form of duress and believe your actions are ok, thats a valid confession. Thats evidence, its really all you need.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
And then the response from the UN was that he was SURE they WERE on the payroll, and that he didn't see a problem with that.

If you admit to something, thats called a confession..if you admit it without any form of duress and believe your actions are ok, thats a valid confession. Thats evidence, its really all you need.

Let's nit pick this a bit futher shall we? (not like any of it really matters)

"Mr Hansen acknowledged that some of Unrwa's 24,000 Palestinian employees were probably members of militant groups such as Hamas.

"I'm sure that there are Hamas members on the Unrwa payroll," Mr Hansen said. "I don't see that as a crime."

How can they claim that there are for sure Hamas members in the UN, when the line before that claims "Probably" and the line before that said "Maybe"

Once again, no proof since they did say:

..... should be properly investigated.

Investigate means to seek the truth or to obtain an answer of some kind. Why go through an investigation if they already know the answer? (Or think they know the answer?)

And if you know for sure, then it's got to be Bible Quality, because even they don't know for sure.

But rather then playing it safe, rather then sending in a recon attack heli to confirm the location of where the attack came from and to surgically remove the threat, they blanket the entire area with bombs and air strikes, proving they really don't give a sh*t about anybody else except themselves.

Certainly not a way to win over hearts and minds when you bomb civilians or the UN..... for what? Maybe two Hamas troops? Maybe Three??