Infant's corpse thrown out with the hospital trash

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
CTV.ca | Infant's corpse thrown out with the hospital trash

JERSEY CITY, N.J. -- Police are searching garbage dumps in New Jersey and Pennsylvania for the body of a baby that was apparently thrown out with the trash at a Jersey City hospital.

Christ Hospital spokeswoman Barbara Davy says the baby was stillborn on Dec. 21 and the body was placed in the hospital morgue. But the body was gone when a funeral home employee came to pick it up on Jan. 2.

Hudson County Prosecutor Edward DeFazio says it has become evident that the baby's body was discarded in the trash, but authorities have yet to explain how that happened.

The baby's mother, Kalynn Moore, claims her son was born alive, but died about 20 minutes later despite doctor's efforts to save him.

Whether the child was born alive is legally important because a stillborn is not considered a person under New Jersey law.

Now there's an odd twist.... and legally speaking, seems pretty complicated.

But who the hell would dump the body of an infant? I can see an abortion in most cases because it's not wanted or whatever..... but many tend to burry their children who die in the birthing process..... so you'd think they'd keep the body for them until they decided.

*shrugs*

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
CTV.ca | Infant's corpse thrown out with the hospital trash

Now there's an odd twist.... and legally speaking, seems pretty complicated.

But who the hell would dump the body of an infant? I can see an abortion in most cases because it's not wanted or whatever..... but many tend to burry their children who die in the birthing process..... so you'd think they'd keep the body for them until they decided.

*shrugs*

Not to mention the fact that you can't discard of a cat's body in the garbage legally, let alone human 'biohazard'... even if it was from abortions or still birth.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
If this happened in Ontario and not New Jersey, then perhaps the Ontario
Lottery and Gaming Corporation would replace the deceased child with
another deceased child of equal value, but no money. Next!!!

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto

Might have to call in the gypsies to appraise the value of an equivalent baby :-?

Risus

Genius
May 24, 2006
Toronto

Personally I don't think this is anything to joke about... What if it was your child?

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Personally I don't think this is anything to joke about... What if it was your child?

Risus, I displayed a Human Coping Mechanism to a ghastly display ineptitude with
respect to this horrific display of incompetence on the part of this Hospital. If my
behaving in this manner offended you in some manner, I apologize.

I was using Gallows Humour like the condemned prisoner points to the electric
chair who asks the prison warden: "Are you quite sure this thing's safe?"