Vitamin B1 Reverses Kidney Damage in Diabetics, So Why Won't Doctors Recommend It?

Stretch

House Member
Feb 16, 2003
Australia
'New research shows that the low-cost vitamin Thiamine (vitamin B1) reverses kidney damage in diabetics, restoring the ability of the kidneys to function without allowing proteins to spill over into the urine.The finding proves that a very low-cost treatment is highly effective and could serve as a low-cost nutritional therapy for diabetics, ultimately saving tens of millions of dollars a year in medical treatment costs in the U.S. alone.
Predictably, the UK version of the American Diabetes Association (called "Diabetes UK") took the new evidence as an opportunity to tell people to avoid nutritional therapies.
In other words, it's the same advice diabetics get in the United States: Don't you dare use vitamins to enhance and protect your health... use pharmaceuticals instead.'
Vitamin B1 Reverses Kidney Damage in Diabetics, So Why Won't Doctors Recommend It?

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
There are inexpensive , none life threatening cures for every disease, but there is no money in it. Expect the pharmaceutical giants to be pushing to ban vitamin B1 very soon.

Francis2004

Subjective Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Lower Mainland, BC
There are inexpensive , none life threatening cures for every disease, but there is no money in it. Expect the pharmaceutical giants to be pushing to ban vitamin B1 very soon.

Cliff, just like Zinc is great to boost your immune system against cold I think you will see a discreditation of Vitamin B1 with a follow up on it saying it could have benefits in very miniscule ways.. Hence not worth your time use our drugs instead as a way to CYO in legal terms..

tracy

House Member
Nov 10, 2005
California
I think you're being paranoid. My doctor recommends low cost supplements (B6 and folic acid), I've taken both for years for a genetic condition. The difference between me and the case above is there isn't enough proof to say B1 stops or reverses kidney disease yet. The difference between the medical community and homeopaths is that the medical community actually has to wait for things like good studies to be done before telling people to go out and buy something that may or may not benefit them.