Palestinian-Canadians demand aid

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital
Doesn't sound very promising.

Palestinian-Canadians mourning the deaths of more than 250 people yesterday in Gaza are urging Ottawa to send aid in the wake of Israeli air strikes targeting security compounds that have also wounded hundreds of others.
One community leader who represents about 12,000 Palestinian-Canadians in the Mississauga area is calling the strikes "genocide ... a Hanukkah gift from the Israeli government."
"We have many of our community members, their background is from Gaza, and we cannot talk to them because they're still waiting to hear if they lost family members or not," said Farid Ayad, president of Palestine House.
"So this is a sad day."
The violence, some of the worst in years, comes as Israel retaliates for recent rocket attacks by Hamas militants in the Gaza Strip.
Ayad said the Conservative government must push Israel to stop the siege and then send food and fuel to civilians.
"We urge our government to interfere for a change and to put pressure on the Israeli government," Ayad said.
"I know the Conservative government has good relations with the Israeli government and I'm sure Canada could play a peaceful role in the region."
Lawrence Cannon, Canada's minister of foreign affairs, issued a statement yesterday expressing concern about the escalating situation and loss of life and suffering on all sides.
"Israel has a clear right to defend itself against the continued rocket attacks by Palestinian militant groups which have deliberately targeted civilians," he said.
"First and foremost, those rocket attacks must stop. At the same time, we urge both sides to use all efforts to avoid civilian casualties and to create the conditions to allow safe and unhindered humanitarian access to those in need in Gaza."
Cannon also pushed for renewed efforts to reach a ceasefire between Hamas and Israel, and for Israeli and Palestinian leaders to remain committed to creating a peace deal.
Ottawa urged to act on Gaza | Canada | News | Toronto Sun

Risus

Genius
May 24, 2006
Toronto
How about urging the Conservative Government to push the palestinian leaders to rid their territory of terrorists and put a stop to the rocket attacks???

Tyr

Council Member
Nov 27, 2008
Sitting at my laptop
How about urging the Conservative Government to push the palestinian leaders to rid their territory of terrorists and put a stop to the rocket attacks???

I'm with you on that. Seal off the border and impose sanctions. The Palestinians have a choice, contribute to the peace process or leave

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
I'm with you on that. Seal off the border and impose sanctions. The Palestinians have a choice, contribute to the peace process or leave

I agree, they have one mindset, they want the israelis to leave, they will not
allow themselves think of another way, peace is the farthest thing from their
minds, and always has been.
If they stopped their rocket throwing, developed some brains and logic, they
could have put a stop to this mess many years ago, they will continue their
hatred, they will teach their children to hate, and they will be bombed forever
because they will not think of settling this mess.
The Israelis are not going to leave, ever, the palestinians are not going to
stop hating, and hurling their stones and rockets, so, this will never stop.
THE PALESTINIANS COULD BRING IT TO AN END, THEY WON'T, AND HAVE
NEVER WANTED TO.
The arab countries won't help the palestinians, as they might begin to improve,
and that would take the international pressure off of Israel, and they don't
want that to happen, so they ignore their own arab brothers and sisters.
They will sit back and allow their 'own' to continue what they do, and they
will condemn Israel, and encourage others to do so as well.
Israel is there to stay, they will not leave, and they will continue to educate
their children well, progress, thrive intellectually, and retaliate against the
palestinians more and more.
The international community have to step in and make them both become
independent of each other, give palestinians their own land, then make sure
they stop attacking israelis after that, as they will have no reason at all, and
if they continue, the international community can step in, but it seems no one
really cares to do anything, but criticize.

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
Why are 12,000 Palestinians sitting around in Canada when they're friends and families are being slaughtered in Gaza? Shouldn't they be there with them fighting the good fight?

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
It's a little hard to stand aside and smile while they who can do no wrong swarm in to bulldoze homes and level olive groves to erect settlements in regions a 1946 pact designated as home territory. How many of these "Palestinian" terrorists are actually Palestinian anyhow? Nomads are nomads because they move from one place to another. The only difference is they've traded sheep for trespassers.

Risus

Genius
May 24, 2006
Toronto
Why are 12,000 Palestinians sitting around in Canada when they're friends and families are being slaughtered in Gaza? Shouldn't they be there with them fighting the good fight?

I agree, it makes me laugh when you see these idiots protesting on our streets. If they don't like whats going on over there, they should put their brave face forward and go over there and do something about it. I guess yelling and chanting is cheap and safer...