Al Qaeda is Not a Real Group, Just a U.S. Propaganda Campaign

Stretch

House Member
Feb 16, 2003
Australia
Former British Foreign Secretary: Al Qaeda is Not a Real Group, Just a U.S. Propaganda Campaign

Tags: COVER-UP/DECEPTIONS
Former British Foreign Secretary Robin Cook says:
The truth is, there is no Islamic army or terrorist group called Al Qaida. And any informed intelligence officer knows this. But there is a propaganda campaign to make the public believe in the presence of an identified entity representing the 'devil' only in order to drive the TV watcher to accept a unified international leadership for a war against terrorism. The country behind this propaganda is the US. Cook has previously written:
Former British Foreign Secretary: Al Qaeda is Not a Real Group, Just a U.S. Propaganda Campaign

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
well, not sure if it was ever a real group, just the name they gave bin laden, and
his group at the time.
but the u.s. has milked that name for all it's worth, and sucked many in, with that name,
along with the name 'terrorism' to scare others into going along with them, that
was very ob vious for some time.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
well, not sure if it was ever a real group, just the name they gave bin laden, and
his group at the time.
but the u.s. has milked that name for all it's worth, and sucked many in, with that name,
along with the name 'terrorism' to scare others into going along with them, that

It has been obvious since 911 but the disinformation lackeys on here would have us believe that if we don't believe in this boogy man, we are delusional.

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
Al Qaeda is a great way for Americans to join the military so they can fight the enemy.

Gives the soldier a sense of purpose and bragging rights if he or she makes it back.

There is great TV show that is running in America that is bringing recruits in by the bunch.
The Unit is about a group of special forces soldiers who save America from terrorists.

Let’s face it propaganda works and it works to get terrorists like suicide bombers to blow themselves up for a dream.

As long as there is conflict in the world there will always be propaganda because there is so few free thinkers and most people never research what they are told from the government to their religious leaders, they take it at face value and are in effect brainwashed to do things that they otherwise would never do if they thought about it.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

The truth is, there is no Islamic army or terrorist group called Al Qaida. And any informed intelligence officer knows this. But there is a propaganda campaign to make the public believe in the presence of an identified entity representing the 'devil' only in order to drive the TV watcher to accept a unified international leadership for a war against terrorism. The country behind this propaganda is the US. Cook has previously written:

Sounds like B.S. to me. :roll:

Stretch

House Member
Feb 16, 2003
Australia
his group at the time.

by they, you mean.......?

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
Wouldn't surprise me if this claim is accurate. After all, British imperialists in the 19th century made up the story of a "Thugs" cult terrorizing people when, in fact, they had been destroyed years before. The terrorism stories were used to 'justify' interventionist imperialism in India just like Bush has done with al-Qaeda.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

Does it really matter if we call them "Al Qaeda" or some other name we know they exist - surely enough people have been killed by raving lunatics with bombs strapped to them and people planting mines- I'm quite happy with the name "insurgents". We know among the Islam there are a lot of detrimental people.

JBeee

Time Out
Jun 1, 2007
Does it really matter if we call them "Al Qaeda" or some other name we know they exist - surely enough people have been killed by raving lunatics with bombs strapped to them and people planting mines- I'm quite happy with the name "insurgents". We know among the Islam there are a lot of detrimental people.

Are you serious?

"surely enough people have been killed by raving lunatics with bombs strapped to them and people planting mines".......which makes the US practice of dropping 500 ton bombs indiscriminatly inside towns and villages more acceptable?

"We know among the Islam there are a lot of detrimental people".....spoken like a true ignoramus.:roll:

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
""We know among the Islam there are a lot of detrimental people".....spoken like a true ignoramus.:roll:"
I guess you'd only have to look in the mirror to see what a "true ignoramus" looks like- perhaps before you go yapping off, you should watch and read the news- just check out over the past 30 years how many leaders, prime ministers etc. have been murdered- I'll give you a clue- start with Indira Ghandi. It's clowns like you who really detract from the enjoyment to be had on these forums. Try to smarten up for 2009.

Reactions: EagleSmack

JBeee

Time Out
Jun 1, 2007
""We know among the Islam there are a lot of detrimental people".....spoken like a true ignoramus.:roll:"
I guess you'd only have to look in the mirror to see what a "true ignoramus" looks like- perhaps before you go yapping off, you should watch and read the news- just check out over the past 30 years how many leaders, prime ministers etc. have been murdered- I'll give you a clue- start with Indira Ghandi. It's clowns like you who really detract from the enjoyment to be had on these forums. Try to smarten up for 2009.

No come back for the `500 ton bomb drops`?

You remind me of some ding-bat ...(even you`re screen name) from another board JLM.:smile:

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
"No come back for the `500 ton bomb drops`?"- What do those have to do with all the domestic murders right from Israel through to India over the years? Those guys started it with "Desert Storm" back in 1991. Bush Sr. should have finished what Saddam started.

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
If The Unit is meant to be just more American propaganda,then why is it on so bloody late for us viewers? By your standards, it ought to be in prime viewing time and on The Disney Ch. Reveal to us your bias..i think perhaps you are moslem.

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
Missile

That is prime time in America.

You have to remember that the younger people or potential recruits stay up late so this is a perfect time for them

The old geezers have taken their pills and gone to bed.

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
According to the BBC documentary: "The Power of Nightmares"

In order to prosecute bin Laden in absentia for the 1998 U.S. embassy bombings, US prosecutors had to prove he was the head of a criminal organisation responsible for the bombings. A criminal organization needs a name. Former associate of bin Laden, Jamal al-Fadl, was paid to testify that bin Laden was the head of a massive terrorist organisation called "al-Qaeda".

The documentary makes a good case. Personally I doubt OBL or his associates ever called themselves al Qaeda before that court case and they may not now. More likely they are just a loose organization of people who sometimes cooperate with each other.

By the way, anyone heard from OBL lately? Odds are he is dead.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
According to the BBC documentary: "The Power of Nightmares"

In order to prosecute bin Laden in absentia for the 1998 U.S. embassy bombings, US prosecutors had to prove he was the head of a criminal organisation responsible for the bombings. A criminal organization needs a name. Former associate of bin Laden, Jamal al-Fadl, was paid to testify that bin Laden was the head of a massive terrorist organisation called "al-Qaeda".

The documentary makes a good case. Personally I doubt OBL or his associates ever called themselves al Qaeda before that court case and they may not now. More likely they are just a loose organization of people who sometimes cooperate with each other.

By the way, anyone heard from OBL lately? Odds are he is dead.

He well may be, but I think it's much wiser to operate under the assumption he is very much alive and just rarin' to do some more mischief.