3 more sacrfical lambs offered up....

JBeee

Time Out
Jun 1, 2007
you know what you can do you, cold heartedpiece of @^&#%

What...automatically label them `heros`, flip the channel to the Shopping Network and nonchalantly continue my Christmas shopping?:roll:

JBeee

Time Out
Jun 1, 2007
I somehow doubt that the soldiers feel that they are sacrificial lambs.

That`s what makes them, "good" soldiers.
Most have entered the service out of desparation. We call it `volinteering` to ease our collective conscience.

Last edited:

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
Most have entered the service out of desparation. We call it `volinteering` to ease our conscience.

Perhaps some of them have entered out of desperation, but I do not agree that it is "most of them". The majority of them are in the military because it is something they believe in. I, in turn, believe in them.

Naive or not, that is how I feel.

And my conscience is clear, and does not need to be eased.;-)

SonsOfWaldorf

Nov 17, 2008
Rodney Ontario
Most have entered the service out of desparation. We call it `volinteering` to ease our conscience.
Most entered the service out of desperation? Are you really this ignorant? I plan on joining the army soon and it sure as hell isn't out of desperation. I even canceled college so I can join up.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Most entered the service out of desperation? Are you really this ignorant? I plan on joining the army soon and it sure as hell isn't out of desperation. I even canceled college so I can join up.

JBee, whether you like it or not, these guys are in YOUR service, they represent YOUR country, sent there by YOUR representatives in Parliament, they are serving and dying for YOU.

That's the way it works in a democracy..

A Thank You would be nice.

Thank you, Sons of Waldorf.....

(I tried shortening that to Thank You, SoW.....but it just dic't have the right ring to it... :))

JBeee

Time Out
Jun 1, 2007
Most have entered the service out of desparation. We call it `volinteering` to ease our collective conscience.

Perhaps some of them have entered out of desperation, but I do not agree that it is "most of them". The majority of them are in the military because it is something they believe in. I, in turn, believe in them.

Naive or not, that is how I feel.

And my conscience is clear, and does not need to be eased.;-)

You fall into a very well known catagory shadow.

JBeee

Time Out
Jun 1, 2007

Let me guess......you`re from a military family?

JBeee

Time Out
Jun 1, 2007
JBee, whether you like it or not, these guys are in YOUR service, they represent YOUR country, sent there by YOUR representatives in Parliament, they are serving and dying for YOU.

A Thank You would be nice.

Thank you, Sons of Waldorf.....

(I tried shortening that to Thank You, SoW.....but it just dic't have the right ring to it... :))

"JBee, whether you like it or not, these guys are in YOUR service, they represent YOUR country, sent there by YOUR representatives in Parliament, they are serving and dying for YOU.

Yo.....it`s just another money-making racket...but real lives at stake. I believe in fighting for whats right and good but if the cause has been lost .....

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
SonsofWaldorf,

Do you have a death wish? What the heck are we fighting for? This stupid war is costing all sides way too much to make billions for Haliburton, and Dubbya and friends. You gonna sacrifice your life so some rich A-hole can get richer?
Listen to Country Joe and his "Fixin' to Die Ragg". You might change your mind.

SonsOfWaldorf

Nov 17, 2008
Rodney Ontario
SonsofWaldorf,

Do you have a death wish? What the heck are we fighting for? This stupid war is costing all sides way too much to make billions for Haliburton, and Dubbya and friends. You gonna sacrifice your life so some rich A-hole can get richer?
Listen to Country Joe and his "Fixin' to Die Ragg". You might change your mind.
A death wish? More people live than die you know. What are we fighting for? We're fighting for Afghanistan and to make the world a less friendly place for terrorists. C'mon you can't seriously believe we're in Afghanistan so we can build a pipeline.

JBeee

Time Out
Jun 1, 2007
"We're fighting for Afghanistan and to make the world a less friendly place for terrorists. " from some dick.

Hey buds...you`re living amongsts terrorists.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Actually SonsofWaldorf, we're there to protect the poppy fields. If you doubt it how do you explain the poppy production is 10 times what it was when we invaded. We are not there for altruistic reasons. If you believe that then I have a swamp I would like to sell you. War is not a video game. Dems real bullets and explosives, Dude. When they start going off around you, it will not seem like an adventure anymore. Come and tell me all about after you crap your pants a few times.