Chinese girl gets 'kiss of deaf'

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC

BBC NEWS | Asia-Pacific | Chinese girl gets 'kiss of deaf'

A young Chinese woman was left partially deaf following a passionate kiss from her boyfriend.

The 20-something from Zhuhai in Guangdong province arrived at hospital having completely lost the hearing in her left ear, said local reports.

The incident prompted a series of articles in the local media warning of the dangers of excessive kissing.

"While kissing is normally very safe, doctors advise people to proceed with caution," wrote the China Daily.

The doctor who treated the girl in hospital was quoted in the paper explaining what had happened.

"The kiss reduced the pressure in the mouth, pulled the eardrum out and caused the breakdown of the ear."

The chorus of warnings was echoed by the Shanghai Daily, which wrote: "A strong kiss may cause an imbalance in the air pressure between two inner ears and lead to a broken ear drum."
The young woman is expected to regain her full hearing within about two months.

:-? What the hell kind of kissing are they trying? The Super Dragon Suck where you attempt to suck all the air out of their lungs or something?

If this could possibly occur from basic kissing, then I guess perhaps I should stop chewing my food or drinking liquids too just to be safe.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Hubby is probably leaking toxins into her.

I was thinking more along the lines that they were doing more then just kissing, that she grabbed him in the wrong angle or used some teeth on something, he screamed like a little school girl and made her deaf in the one ear closest.

Then rather then getting embarassed by explaining that to the doctors, they just said they were kissing, nothing more, which then brought the doctors to this conclusion as being the only explination available based on the given information.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
If this could possibly occur from basic kissing, then I guess perhaps I should stop chewing my food or drinking liquids too just to be safe.

It can't occur from basic kissing Prax. It occurs when novices attempt advanced maneuvers reserved for the veterans with years and years of practice under their belts.

Mongul

Electoral Member
Dec 1, 2008
the husband probably knocked her senseless and she used kissing as an excuse.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
It can't occur from basic kissing Prax. It occurs when novices attempt advanced maneuvers reserved for the veterans with years and years of practice under their belts.

Is there some kind of professional league for these people? When are the playoffs? :p

I can only think of maybe 3 or 4 different ways of kissing..... none of which would cause any serious injury.

I know, 3-4 ways of kissing probably isn't all that creative for a person like me, but I spent most of my youth learning about sex and hitting female orgasms the right way, etc.... I can't learn it all or I'd be beating the ladies back with a stick.

Sometimes it's just tough being me.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Is there some kind of professional league for these people? When are the playoffs? :p

I can only think of maybe 3 or 4 different ways of kissing..... none of which would cause any serious injury.

I know, 3-4 ways of kissing probably isn't all that creative for a person like me, but I spent most of my youth learning about sex and hitting female orgasms the right way, etc.... I can't learn it all or I'd be beating the ladies back with a stick.

Sometimes it's just tough being me.

Now seriously Praxius. If there were a professional kissing league, do you think I could really tell you, an outsider, about it? Give your head a shake. If there were such a thing, it would be a closely guarded secret, as you can see, with good reason. Do you think this is the worst possible outcome of novices meddling in what should be reserved for the professionals? Think again! Heart attack, stroke, permanent paralysis.... the possible outcomes are so varied and grim, I don't even want to spend my time explaining them all.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.

Exactly.

these novices simply don't understand.........

:)

Kissing is simply the most erotic thing going, bar none.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
Nooooo....I'm in camoflage waiting to ambush some sweetie that thinks I'm sensitive........now go away, fer f....s sake, here comes one.... :)

Really?

Kissing is the best....

"Colpy the Kisser" just doesn't really mesh with "Colpy the Conservative" or "Colpy the gun bearing terminator". ;)

I would have thought you to be more along the lines of no-nonsense frontier love, lol. Whatever that is, just made it up.

Kissing is alright, but it gets kinda nasty after a while... I start thinking of all the mixed saliva sloshing around in my mouth and whatnot so I get a gag reflex and want to vomit.

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
Kissing is alright, but it gets kinda nasty after a while... I start thinking of all the mixed saliva sloshing around in my mouth and whatnot so I get a gag reflex and want to vomit.

some advice:

FIGHT that urge with every ounce of strength you have. things will not go well for you otherwise

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Now seriously Praxius. If there were a professional kissing league, do you think I could really tell you, an outsider, about it? Give your head a shake. If there were such a thing, it would be a closely guarded secret, as you can see, with good reason. Do you think this is the worst possible outcome of novices meddling in what should be reserved for the professionals? Think again! Heart attack, stroke, permanent paralysis.... the possible outcomes are so varied and grim, I don't even want to spend my time explaining them all.

The FIRST Rule about the professional kissing league, DON'T Talk about the professional kissing league!
The SECOND Rule about the professional kissing league, DON'T Talk about the professional kissing league!
(Now SHhhhhhhh!)