Bush: Evolution, creationism not incompatible

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
Here's one more brainer from Bush:

Bush: Evolution, creationism not incompatible - Nova Scotia News - TheChronicleHerald.ca

WASHINGTON (AP) — President George W. Bush said his belief that God created the world is not incompatible with scientific proof of evolution.

In an interview with ABC’s Nightline on Monday, the president also said he probably is not a literalist when reading the Bible although an individual can learn a great deal from it, including the New Testament teaching that God sent his only son.

Asked about creation and evolution, Bush said, "I think you can have both. I think evolution can — you’re getting me way out of my lane here. I’m just a simple president."

"But it’s, I think that God created the earth, created the world; I think the creation of the world is so mysterious it requires something as large as an almighty and I don’t think it’s incompatible with the scientific proof that there is evolution."

He added: "I happen to believe that evolution doesn’t fully explain the mystery of life."

Interviewer Cynthia McFadden asked Bush if the Bible was literally true.

"You know. Probably not. . . . No, I’m not a literalist, but I think you can learn a lot from it, but I do think that the New Testament for example is . . . has got . . . You know, the important lesson is "God sent a son,’ " Bush said.

Vanni Fucci

Senate Member
Dec 26, 2004
8th Circle, 7th Bolgia
the-brights.net

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I've heard both theologians and scientists admit that there is room for both of them in the matter. I guess when you figure your theory is the only one that counts you are really lost.

Tyr

Council Member
Nov 27, 2008
Sitting at my laptop
I've heard both theologians and scientists admit that there is room for both of them in the matter. I guess when you figure your theory is the only one that counts you are really lost.

Science is in constant evolution and as it progress' it further debunks the myth of creationism and intelligent design.

100 yrs ago, I believe the quote was, "If God wanted us to fly, he's have given us wings"..... Then along came the Wright brothers and Bernoullis (sp?) theorm