U.S. sends unmanned drone to patrol border

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
U.S. sends unmanned drone to patrol border - Nova Scotia News - TheChronicleHerald.ca

GRAND FORKS, N.D. (CP) — The Predator B landed in Grand Forks on Monday and the next mission for the unmanned aircraft will be patrolling the largest undefended border in the world.

Starting next month, the remote-controlled drone will take to the skies along the 49th parallel for what one North Dakota politician is a key part of the U.S. war on terrorism.

"It is vital to America’s security that we protect our borders, particularly the northern border," said Senator Kent Conrad.

Yes because there are so many crazy bomb-strapped canadians on hockey skates heading down right now to blow the US up and rescue all the Beavers that accidentally ventured accross the border over the centuries. :roll:

"The Grand Forks Air Branch plays an essential role in helping shut the door on terrorists who want to sneak across remote border points to strike on U.S. soil."

And when was the last attack that came from Canada?

The US$10.5-million plane is the first of four planned for Grand Forks. In its initial stages, it will patrol about 480 kilometres along the U.S. border, according to U.S. Customs and Border Protection authorities.

It will use sensors to track people, illegal drugs or other contraband moving across the border but won’t carry weapons such as missiles or laser-guided bombs — though its manufacturer, General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, says in its online brochure that the Predator can handle both.

Michael Corcoran, deputy director for air operations at U.S. Customs and Border Protection’s Air and Marine office in Grand Forks, said the plane cannot enter Canada without permission from the government.

Funny, isn't that what they told Pakistan?

"As far as it going into Canadian airspace, no, that’s just not what we exist for," he said.

Right......

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Yes because there are so many crazy bomb-strapped canadians on hockey skates heading down right now to blow the US up and rescue all the Beavers that accidentally ventured accross the border over the centuries. :roll:

Didn't the U.S. claim that many (all?) the terrorists from 911 entered the U.S. from Canada? 8O

I guess the terrorists will have to get even craftier using a "Trojan Moose concept" to defeat the
Drones "Eye in the Sky" capabilities....:lol::lol:

Reactions: Outta here

Tyr

Council Member
Nov 27, 2008
Sitting at my laptop
U.S. sends unmanned drone to patrol border - Nova Scotia News - TheChronicleHerald.ca

And when was the last attack that came from Canada?

Funny, isn't that what they told Pakistan?

Right......

There's nothing more fanatical than a Canadian trying to get his beaver back :lol:

Scott Free

House Member
May 9, 2007
BC
We should aim nukes at them... before it's too late.

Seriously, they are much crazier than we could imagine.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC

Didn't the U.S. claim that many (all?) the terrorists from 911 entered the U.S. from Canada? 8O

I guess the terrorists will have to get even craftier using a "Trojan Moose concept" to defeat the
Drones "Eye in the Sky" capabilities....:lol::lol:

That was one of their first early assumptions/accusations trying to claim that they entered through Canada, but evidence later proved that they all entered directly through US ports and Airports and there was no connection with Canada whatsoever......

.... and yet, it seems they still use that fearmongering tactic for things like this.

As it goes for evidence on Canada's links to the terrorists:

CBC News: Reports from abroad: Neil Macdonald

...... According to Canadian officials who track such things, six Washington lawmakers have so far this year stated that Sept. 11 hijackers entered the United States through Canada.

For the record: the hijackers all entered the U.S. directly, most of them on visas granted by the American government, presumably after security checks by the vigilant security services of the U.S. Most of them were also citizens of another close U.S. ally, Saudi Arabia.

But that didn't matter to high officials like Utah Senator Bob Bennett, who made the Sept. 11-hijackers-from-Canada accusation to some visiting Canadian MPs earlier this year.

Or to Democrat Congressman Henry Cuellar of Texas, who said this to a House subcommittee last July: "If you want to look at the 9/11 terrorists, they didn't come from the southern border. They came from the northern part of the border."

Cuellar's fellow Texan, Congressman Al Green, couched it as a broad hint last month. "Much is said about the southern border, but much also should be said about the northern border. The 9/11 hijackers did not come through the southern border…" (Green corrected himself, though not the official record, after calls from CBC)........

And it goes on....

....... Politicians in the United States reinforce the Canada-as-a-terrorist-haven myth for different reasons, says one Canadian official who watches the issue — and the reasons usually have nothing to do with Canada.

Some Republicans "want to stimulate constant fear," said the official, who spoke on condition of anonymity. "They depend on people being very scared in order to win office."

He also pointed out that politicians from southern states appear determined to divert attention from the southern border, where many millions of illegal immigrants have crossed into the United States.

"They perceive an elemental racism to the complaints about the southern border, so they are anxious to point out that white folks up north were the source of the 9/11 terrorism," the official said.

The fact that Canada co-operates eagerly with American security officials, as one of the expert witnesses Schumer ignored was trying to explain, is immaterial.

The fact that Canada, in its eagerness, has handed over (sometimes erroneous) information about its own citizens doesn't matter. The fact that Canadian authorities have actually intercepted security targets crossing the border from the U.S. with American guns makes no impression at all.

But these utterances certainly have consequences. Frank McKenna, who spent much of his time as Canadian ambassador to the United States from 2005 to 2006 chasing and dousing the Sept. 11 myth, says Canadian travellers "are paying the price right now."

"It's thickened the border," says McKenna. The longer lines at U.S. Customs, the traffic jams at international bridges in Buffalo and Detroit, the slowing of trade: "It is creating arteriosclerosis in the arteries between our countries."

Canada's Grafstein, who co-chairs a group of Canadian MPs and senators (the Canada-U.S. Interparliamentary Group) that pursues private discussions with their American counterparts, says that dealing with the fallout of the "haven for terrorists" myth has become the group's principal concern.

"It's like hitting a stone with water," he says. "I can't deal with the irrationality."

Of course, Grafstein has been in politics for most of his adult life. He probably should have learned about irrationality by now.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
"They perceive an elemental racism to the complaints about the southern border, so they are anxious to point out that white folks up north were the source of the 9/11 terrorism,"

The 9/11 perps for the most part were Saudis who had lived in the U.S.. Some had been in the U.S. for several years. To this day, I haven't heard that any of them crossed the American border from Canada, and none of them took flying lessons in Canada.....:roll:

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
The reason why we are patrolling the Canadian Border is because of Canadian Content. The Great Power has deemed Canada a threat and are paranoid.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
The 9/11 perps for the most part were Saudis who had lived in the U.S.. Some had been in the U.S. for several years. To this day, I haven't heard that any of them crossed the American border from Canada, and none of them took flying lessons in Canada.....:roll:

I thought they all were of US origin and members of the CIA/FBI and this was one of those Black Ops thingys.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
We should aim nukes at them... before it's too late.

Seriously, they are much crazier than we could imagine.

I agree. You better start a Nuke Weapons Triad because the US is without question gunning for Canada because of your water, power, maple syrup, and fur pelts.

We're freaking NUTS baby!

Reactions: Ron in Regina

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
I thought they all were of US origin and members of the CIA/FBI and this was one of those Black Ops thingys.

That is really hard to say Eagle. About half the guys on the list that was published after the attack are still alive, so something is screwed up somewhere.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
That is really hard to say Eagle. About half the guys on the list that was published after the attack are still alive, so something is screwed up somewhere.

FALSE.

The people who did it are very much dead. All of those have been proven false. Where are the interviews? Why aren't they or were they on every channel saying "Thats me!"

People have stepped forward and said...

"That is me." but were quickly discounted because it wasn't them at all.

Kinda like me dying and you walking into a newspaper room and saying...

"I'm Eaglesmack... I still live."

Scott Free

House Member
May 9, 2007
BC
I agree. You better start a Nuke Weapons Triad because the US is without question gunning for Canada because of your water, power, maple syrup, and fur pelts.

We're freaking NUTS baby!

I don't believe your reasons are accurate. I don't think you really need a reason. Just the fact we can't say no has irreparably eroded our sovereignty. Our leaders know they can't say no; your leaders know we can't say no; I know we can't say no; if you don't know that then your not paying attention.

Yes, I agree, your a nation of savages and lunatics.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
I don't believe your reasons are accurate. I don't think you really need a reason. Just the fact we can't say no has irreparably eroded our sovereignty. Our leaders know they can't say no; your leaders know we can't say no; I know we can't say no; if you don't know that then your not paying attention.

Yes, I agree, your a nation of savages and lunatics.

Then you better start building. You better.

And when someone calls you a paranoid freak they are so wrong. We're the paranoid lunatic savages and the first nuke strike will most likely be in Canada. Then you can really feel special about yourselves and FINALLY have the recognition you so crave.

Scotty my boy...we for the most part don't give a hoot about Canada. I do...that is why I am here. But for the most part...Americans could care less. That is what drives your type BONKERS. You try and stir up the masses and say "they're coming...mark my words!"

Complete and TOTAL PARANOIA.

Each and every one of us...SAVAGE...LUNATICS. Better look out Scotty! Hide under those thick bed covers. Mickey Mouse is coming! :lol:

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
"That is me." but were quickly discounted because it wasn't them at all.

You wouldn't believe the evidence if it bit your butt. You Yanks are so brainwashed about your greatness, you feel a need to mock anybody who thinks other wise. But I agree with Scott Free, you are a bunch of lunatics. The proof is in the old saying, "You get the government you deserve," and you elected George Dubbya to two terms, the loopy wanker.

Scott Free

House Member
May 9, 2007
BC
Then you better start building. You better.

And when someone calls you a paranoid freak they are so wrong. We're the paranoid lunatic savages and the first nuke strike will most likely be in Canada. Then you can really feel special about yourselves and FINALLY have the recognition you so crave.

Scotty my boy...we for the most part don't give a hoot about Canada. I do...that is why I am here. But for the most part...Americans could care less. That is what drives your type BONKERS. You try and stir up the masses and say "they're coming...mark my words!"

Complete and TOTAL PARANOIA.

Each and every one of us...SAVAGE...LUNATICS. Better look out Scotty! Hide under those thick bed covers. Mickey Mouse is coming! :lol:

Did I say you were coming? Did I say you were invading? WTF? Where did you get that from?

Why is everything about war and invasion? Gee and then I'm the one that's paranoid :roll:

We need a deterrent to keep our sovereignty. That is a fact.

Are you going to pretend you can't get that straight too? :geek:

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Did I say you were coming? Did I say you were invading? WTF? Where did you get that from?

Why is everything about war and invasion? Gee and then I'm the one that's paranoid :roll:

We need a deterrent to keep our sovereignty. That is a fact.

Are you going to pretend you can't get that straight too? :geek:

Well if we are not coming... why do you need nukes to deter us?

You said Canada should have nukes and point them at the US? Why would you need them?

What threatens your sovreignty?