Skinheads tried to disrupt Liberal-NDP rally in Moncton: RCMP

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
Skinheads tried to disrupt Liberal-NDP rally in Moncton: RCMP

Several skinheads tried to disrupt a rally organized by supporters of the federal Liberal-NDP coalition last Thursday night in Moncton, Codiac RCMP have confirmed.

Three men with shaved heads heckled the crowd of 200 people in Moncton who gathered to support the coalition formed between the two opposition parties to replace the Conservative government.

Police quickly cornered the men and kept them away from the rally.

Deedee Daigle, one of the rally's organizers, said she's seen the ringleader at other public rallies.

"I personally ran into him about three years ago when we did a rally in Saint John against the proposed Atlantic gateway," she said.

"As far as I can tell … he takes an opposing view from what's there. But what he's just trying to do is to rile up the crowd and see if he can get them to start behaving in a mob-like way."

Daigle said that at a rally in Saint John, the same man tried to convince students to throw rocks at police. She said he was also at another rally in Halifax a year ago.

That's why she wasn't surprised to see him and two followers trying to provoke the crowd once again, Daigle said.

RCMP Const. Brian Butler says there are six to 10 skinheads active in New Brunswick. He said they love getting media attention by trying to disrupt public gatherings.

The best way to deal with them, he said, is to ignore them and their taunts.

Sounds like sombody needs to get a hobby

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
If two is a couple, I guess three (depending on the circumstances) can be several (?).
These guys (three?) heckled a crowd of two hundred (three men?) and where quickly
cornered and kept away from the rally. I'm assuming they where not waving signs that
read "Coalition Oui" on them, but we're talking about "three" @rsehole hecklers, and
this is news?

Reactions: karrie

Risus

Genius
May 24, 2006
Toronto
If two is a couple, I guess three (depending on the circumstances) can be several (?).
These guys (three?) heckled a crowd of two hundred (three men?) and where quickly
cornered and kept away from the rally. I'm assuming they where not waving signs that
read "Coalition Oui" on them, but we're talking about "three" @rsehole hecklers, and
this is news?
Its a slow news day.... did dion quit yet??

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
What makes someone a skinhead? I know three friends of mine are balding and so they've shaved their heads. A social worker, a federal aviation inspector, and a glazier. If they stood on the sidelines and heckled a rally, would they be a gang of skinheads?

Vanni Fucci

Senate Member
Dec 26, 2004
8th Circle, 7th Bolgia
the-brights.net
What makes someone a skinhead? I know three friends of mine are balding and so they've shaved their heads. A social worker, a federal aviation inspector, and a glazier. If they stood on the sidelines and heckled a rally, would they be a gang of skinheads?

Well Karrie, if they wear jack boots and sport swastika tattoos, then you might want to get a new set of friends...:p

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Well Karrie, if they wear jack boots and sport swastika tattoos, then you might want to get a new set of friends...:p

Nope, no swastikas. LOTS of tattoos, but no swastikas. It just made me curious is all, as to what the qualifying factors are.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007

Sounds like racial profiling to me.... but then again, who knows? Maybe they have swastikas tattooed on their foreheads.... some do.

Risus

Genius
May 24, 2006
Toronto
If they could only summon up a crowd of 200 to support the coalition, shows there is not much support for it in New Brunswick...

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
If they could only summon up a crowd of 200 to support the coalition, shows there is not much support for it in New Brunswick...

As opposed to what..... this?

Farmers clog traffic in anti-coalition protest
CTV.ca | Farmers clog traffic in anti-coalition protest

A protest by farmers against the Liberal-NDP coalition on Parliament Hill appears to have fizzled out.

Fewer than a dozen tractors and other machines clogged traffic for a few hours in front of the Parliament Buildings before they left about mid-morning.

Convoys with more tractors were reportedly converging on the Hill but they never arrived.

The protest was organized by the Ontario Landowners Association, which represents farmers, business people and other rural landowners.......

200 in Moncton is a lot better then 12 or so in Ottawa against it. I would have figured bigger numbers would be hitting the capital for these types of events.

Or another way to look at it: 200 for vs. 3 skinheads against...... still doing better :p

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Is this who the CPC has hired as their enforcers now...fitting...:roll:

O , gimme a break!

I've been Reform, CA, and a CPC member.....nothing I'd rather do that sink my black, steel-toes size 11 boots into some skinhead's arse.

Probably, if he was inciting violence, he is an undercover RCMP plant.... :)

Vanni Fucci

Senate Member
Dec 26, 2004
8th Circle, 7th Bolgia
the-brights.net
O , gimme a break!

I've been Reform, CA, and a CPC member.....nothing I'd rather do that sink my black, steel-toes size 11 boots into some skinhead's arse.

Probably, if he was inciting violence, he is an undercover RCMP plant.... :)

Hey wait a minute...

I see that you're from New Brunswick...and don't have a lot of hair...
:idea:

hmmm...

Where were you on the night in question Colpy?

:p

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Hey wait a minute...

I see that you're from New Brunswick...and don't have a lot of hair...
:idea:

hmmm...

Where were you on the night in question Colpy?

:p

he he.... that twas funny.... but I know you're not a skinny Colpy.... anyways, I tend to shave my hair off once a year or so and people tell me I look like Edward Norton in American History X, even though I'm just a cut widdle bunny wabbit who'd never hurt or offend anyone :twisted:

Just another day of me in public in my underwear.... minus the swastika....

The only tat I got is on my left arm of a black burning maple leaf.... try not to look too far into that :p

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Great movie! And Ed Norton is a great actor....a chameleon.....so threatening in American History X, such a wimp in Fightclub....

As for the night in question, I was right here, sequestered in my room, with no company but my computer.....honest. :)

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Yeah he's one of the better actors out there. There hasn't been any movie that comes to mind that I didn't like him in..... but I'm sure there is one out there.

And yeah, I wasn't out protesting.... I stayed home and did some work in photoshop.