The "Rapture" - Don't get Left Behind!!1

Gee, I hope I remember to write that one down so I don't forget the wisdom of that saying.
Quote: Originally Posted by SpadeView Post

Yep! It was!

That's what I figured. See? Watching The Simpsons does pay off.
Quote: Originally Posted by hermanntrudeView Post

Correction. Polls show that at least one in six of the americans who are willing to respond to a poll when asked believe this crap.

the fact is the polls like these will always blow the numbers out of proportion when they tend to favour those who wish to speak... and who is more likely to state their beliefs? someone who has rational, steady, well-thought-out beliefs and is moderate about stating them or someone with wild, far-ranging beliefs which make bold statements about everyone they know and also require that they should tell everyone loudly that they believe in them?

True enough. I've never known an evangelical to be at a lose for words
Quote: Originally Posted by StretchView Post

what does the book say?

I believe it says "grab your ankles and kiss your.... Sorry, I can't remember the rest.

Something about making Dr. James Dobson rich
Quote: Originally Posted by MHzView Post

About any pretrib rapture? Not in the plan, He brings His followers through dangerous places and times. Really, think about it for a moment, why would He hide what He does from His followers? Since there aren't any pretribbers on the board there is nobody to present their case, but it is pretty much bull, would you use this to support some fantasy like a rapture? It doesn't sound like anybody is going anywhere.

But if from thence thou shalt seek the LORD thy God, thou shalt find him,
if thou seek him with all thy heart and with all thy soul.
When thou art in tribulation,
and all these things are come upon thee,
even in the latter days,
if thou turn to the LORD thy God,
and shalt be obedient unto his voice;
(For the LORD thy God is a merciful God
he will not forsake thee,
neither destroy thee,
nor forget the covenant of thy fathers which he sware unto them.

You might find this link interesting, it is more comparisons so to speak.
Jesus a copycat savior? - A Christian response (external - login to view)

think about it for a moment, why would He hide what He does from His followers?

Your right!!! Osama bin Laden didn't either (are they one in the same?).... Oh oh
no new posts