Oh My God...No more Yugos

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
It has been announced that the last Yugo will roll off the line next week. Everybody seems to think they were real crap boxes but I don't have any experience with them.
Comments?

Why does a Yugo have a defroster on the rear window? To keep your hands warm while you push it.

myTELUS - News

scratch

Senate Member
May 20, 2008
Yo juan,
I had a Smith defroster on the rear window of my Mini.
scratch

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
2. Lada - Russian
During the ’80s, Russian car manufacturer AutoVAZ introduced the Lada Riva. The name evokes images of picturesque seaside drives, cruising into a perfect sunset, and romantic weekend road trips. But one look at this tank and those fantasies quickly speed away. Based on looks alone, the Lada never should have made it off the design board with its simple yet boxy shape. If you can bear to look beneath the demure child-like exterior, it doesn’t get any better. The Lada came standard with minimal horsepower, which has hardly increased in the 2006 model, and it has horrendous fuel economy. Along with a poorly performing engine, the Lada also boasted tank-like handling; great for those slippery winter roads in the Soviet. Even though the Lada was a smaller, “economy” car, it was said to drive rather like a tractor and required quite a bit of muscle to control.

Despite the criticism, Lada sales in Western Europe during the 1980s were surprisingly good thanks to its roomy interior and low price. The UK was riddled with Ladas scooting about.

Why is the Lada one of the worst European cars? I gave you a little hint above; since its inception, the Lada has remained astonishingly similar to its original design and technology. It’s not very often you see a car manufacturer release a car in the ’90s that looks, feels and drives as if it belongs in the ’70s.

This is bull****, if I could buy a new Lada I would, my 1985GL was a tough as nails and fun to drive. North Americans are spoiled rotten little brats who know sweet **** all about cars.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
2. Lada - Russian.

Why is the Lada one of the worst European cars? I gave you a little hint above; since its inception, the Lada has remained astonishingly similar to its original design and technology. It’s not very often you see a car manufacturer release a car in the ’90s that looks, feels and drives as if it belongs in the ’70s.

This is bull****, if I could buy a new Lada I would, my 1985GL was a tough as nails and fun to drive. North Americans are spoiled rotten little brats who know sweet **** all about cars.

I have to agree with you on this, DB. My neighbour had one and drove it for years. He did all the work on it himself, and since he is the consummate home mechanic, he loved it as it seldom required any...........work.

After quite a few years of on road, he cut the top off and used it as a small truck to haul wood out of the bush. When the snow got too deep, he just drained the rad, pulled the battery, and left it for the next years cutting. Great car.

Check out the Ford Falcon for a piece of crap!!!:angry3:OMG!!

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Even the comments section stuck to the article trashes this no nothing poofti writer. Damn pooftis ruining the world for real people they got to have soft cushy everything heated toilet seats, soft mushy breakfast cereal, 500 channels of ****, ****ing useless choice puffins.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
The Fiat that the Lada was based on was designed and built in a government owned and run outfit who haven't built a decent car in decades. Fiat sold the assembly line to Lada, which is another government owned outfit. The Fiat was at least twenty five years old when Lada bought it. A piece of junk by any other name. I don't know about Yugos, but I'm a sports car buff and I know about Fiats. FIAT stands for Fabbrica Italiana Automobili Torino. Totally owned by the Italian government.

Scott Free

House Member
May 9, 2007
BC
My father had a Ford Prefect. The Yugo would be a Cadillac by comparison.

The plan now is that Ford is going to open a factory in Russia.

My question: is there anyone seriously dumb enough to buy a Ford built in Russia?

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
My question: is there anyone seriously dumb enough to buy a Ford built in Russia?

Is anyone dumb enough to buy a ford built in the U.S.?