Envoy: You’ll miss Bush

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
Wilkins stays loyal to exiting president, saying Canadians will come to like him
Envoy: You’ll miss Bush - Nova Scotia News - TheChronicleHerald.ca

OTTAWA — The U.S. ambassador to this country offers an audacious prediction to Canadians who might be eager to see the back of the White House’s exiting occupant: You’ll miss George W. Bush.

:-? What are you, high?

David Wilkins says he’ll return home to South Carolina soon after the current president hands over the reins of power to Barack Obama on Jan. 20.

He has often described Bush as a personal friend and continues to defend his president in the face of bleak approval ratings back home and widespread contempt abroad.

Wilkins suggested in an interview Thursday that Canadians will come to appreciate this president once he’s gone.

:laughing3:

He described Bush as a man who has kept North America safe, who has strongly supported the free trade that has enriched Canada, and who has responded to concerns over softwood lumber and border security.

Wilkins pointed to these accomplishments and predicted the president’s crushing unpopularity in Canada will not last.

"Many Canadians might be surprised by this statement," Wilkins told The Canadian Press.

Not really.... there's been plenty who followed Bush blindly from start to finish and he's apparently one of them. He didn't keep north america safe, he only supported the free trade because the US raked in more profits at our expense while making some here think we're gaining a profit, last I heard the softwood issue isn't all that resolved and last I heard, border security hasn't been all that improved in the 8 years he's been in power compared to pre-9/11. (Although more money has been dished into border security, the end results have shown to not match the funds and there is very little difference in security at the border other then more burocracy to go through)

And it's because of the "Free Trade" crap that many US based companies didn't have an issue cutting thousands of jobs from Canadian workers after Bush allowed his country to go down the economic drain.

"But I would submit to you that Canadians are going to miss George Bush more than they think they are."

Recent polls have suggested Canadians were more than five times more likely to support the Democratic candidate, Obama, over his Republican opponent, John McCain.

Even four years ago, before the economy hit the skids and his popularity tumbled at home, one poll suggested 82 per cent of Canadians felt Bush was "not necessarily a friend of Canada."

Wilkins begs to differ.

You can differ all you want you idiot, you're not a Canadian and you sure as hell can't tell us what we think..... moron.

He said that the softwood-lumber dispute was resolved thanks to Bush’s work with the Canadian government. That the president has personally intervened on behalf of Canada when it argued against what it deemed to be excessive new border-security rules.

"I’ve seen him in meetings," Wilkins said.

"(In) bilateral meetings with the prime minister and others, (he would) caution a common-sense approach to the border and to the implementation of (the Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative), and advocate that with Secretary (of Homeland Security Michael) Chertoff."

Ooooo.... you seen him in meetings? How amazing! And I figured he was just playing video games.

And why the hell would Bush have to caution on a common sense approach to the border, when it was him who created the whole concept of tightening up the borders, making passports a requirment, and futher slowing down traffic back and forth in the first place? Isn't that sorta like cautioning yourself on your own actions?

Holy hell this guy is doped up.

Without making any allusion to Obama’s own mixed messaging on NAFTA, Wilkins described the current president as an unwavering ally of the free-trade treaty that has seen Canadian exports skyrocket.

And then quickly hit the bottom of the bucket due to his incompetence in foreseeing the crap he allowed to continue under his watch.

And he says the continent is a safer place thanks to George W. Bush.

"He has protected North America. There has been no attack on North America since 9-11 and I think he deserves a lion’s share of credit for that," Wilkins said.

BWAAAAA HAAAAA HAAA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!

Fk-You buddy, how about that?

The longtime Republican state legislator helped Bush defeat McCain in the pivotal South Carolina primary in 2000, which propelled him toward his own party’s nomination and ultimately into the White House.

He says he will be leaving Ottawa roughly around the same time that Bush leaves Washington.

Good, two birds with one stone.... get the hell out of here.... friggin propagandist to the bitter end.

Wilkins bristled at the suggestion that it might be difficult to act as the messenger of an unpopular president — and said it’s been an honour to serve the man.

"I consider it a privilege to represent President Bush and to advocate on his behalf. I don’t consider it difficult at all," he said.

Yeah, suck some more of that ass pucker why don't you.... I think you missed some corn.

The Canadian government offered a hint of its eagerness to work with Bush’s successor this week.

Less than 12 hours after Obama had delivered his victory speech, the Conservatives were already describing plans to seek a North American climate treaty with the next president.

So..... do you think we're going to miss having George W. Bush as the US president?

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
do you think we're going to miss having George W. Bush as the US president?
Yes, especially when O'Bama starts to target Canada's resources and tries to take them unilaterally.

scratch

Senate Member
May 20, 2008
Yes, especially when O'Bama starts to target Canada's resources and tries to take them unilaterally.
Good for you Walter, you have the schnulls to say what you believe.
I applaud you for that.
A good member.

scratch

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007

Oh and Bush hasn't been trying to do this already?

And if what everybody fears is true and Obama plans to screw around with NAFTA or even abolish it (Which I hope) then it won't be all that easy for him to do now will it?

I can't judge what Obama will or will not do yet, because I haven't had an opportunity to see him in action yet.... but I have seen plenty of what Bush has been doing and wanted to do. You talk about how Obama plans to suck our resources dry..... well what do you think Bush has been planning with the allowance of our troops to cross each other's borders..... what do you think he and Harper have been trying to do with the whole North American Union?

Yeah, that's what I thought.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Just because you believe something doesn't really make it right now does it?
And just because you put something in big black-bold letters, doesn't make it anymore right.
Right.

scratch

Senate Member
May 20, 2008
Just because you believe something doesn't really make it right now does it?

And just because you put something in big black-bold letters, doesn't make it anymore right.

That was so you could read it since you have so often admitted you are totally spaced out most of the time.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Tell me specifically the difference!

Spaced Out is being unaware of the reality you are currently in, High as a Kite is being under the influence of a narcotic in such a way that you feel that you have a heightened sense of awareness such as the view a kite has on the earth (different perspective) ..... but still in the proximity of Earth and aware of your reality.

Specifically speaking of course. :twisted:

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
lol

But seriously, do any of you actually think you're going to miss the Bush years?

Of if you feel that question is too difficult, do you feel Obama would do much worse then Bush? Why?

I think some here are going to miss the active Bush/Cheney bashing. Sure they can go back and reminisce but it won't be as good as a "hot off the press" attack.

scratch

Senate Member
May 20, 2008
lol

But seriously, do any of you actually think you're going to miss the Bush years?

Of if you feel that question is too difficult, do you feel Obama would do much worse then Bush? Why?

Any American President is a stain on the Earth and given the chance will start a war where ever, regardless if there is an economic down turn or not.
Perfect example: what did Vietnam prove other than killing more than 50,000 Americans and unknown millions of Vietnamese.

Pure paranoia.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Any American President is a stain on the Earth and given the chance will start a war where ever, regardless if there is an economic down turn or not.
Perfect example: what did Vietnam prove other than killing more than 50,000 Americans and unknown millions of Vietnamese.

Pure paranoia.

Huh?

So if not a President then what? A PM? King? Czar?

How many wars did Carter, Clinton or Reagan start?

scratch

Senate Member
May 20, 2008
Huh?

So if not a President then what? A PM? King? Czar?

How many wars did Carter, Clinton or Reagan start?

They didn't start any but had to deal with ones that were already ongoing whether in the public eye or covertly!

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
They didn't start any but had to deal with ones that were already ongoing whether in the public eye or covertly!

Like what? What war did Carter have?

So every US President is a stain? That is a pretty strong statement. Would you rather have anarchy? Perhaps Canada take charge of the USA? Or the UN?

scratch

Senate Member
May 20, 2008
Like what? What war did Carter have?

So every US President is a stain? That is a pretty strong statement. Would you rather have anarchy? Perhaps Canada take charge of the USA? Or the UN?

I'd prefer that Teddy Roosevelt hadn't started the Spanish American war for no reason that I can find and it just continued from there, as long as the U.S. was being assured that they would make money, regardless of the unnecessary loss of lives and the untold injured and those debilitated for life.

Explain these actions in terms that everyone reading this can understand.

Isolationism is a poor excuse as it was as obvious as a $2.00 *****.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
I'd prefer that Teddy Roosevelt hadn't started the Spanish American war for no reason that I can find and it just continued from there, as long as the U.S. was being assured that they would make money, regardless of the unnecessary loss of lives and the untold injured and those debilitated for life.

Explain these actions in terms that everyone reading this can understand.

Isolationism is a poor excuse as it was as obvious as a $2.00 *****.

Well Teddy Roosevelt didn't start the Spanish American War for starters. He did fight in it though and charge up San Juan Hill with the Rough Riders.

Hey we cannot explain away the things we have done anymore than other countries can explain what their countries have done in the past. The current wars have nothing to do about money as they have been nothing but a big HUGE Mother F*ing drain on our treasury. Call it revenge, call it payback, call it that the Muslims finally gave us a good excuse to turn the Middle East on it's head. But the country did not get rich off these wars at all. We're pretty much broke to be honest.

Isolationism looks pretty good to me actually.

scratch

Senate Member
May 20, 2008
Well Teddy Roosevelt didn't start the Spanish American War for starters. He did fight in it though and charge up San Juan Hill with the Rough Riders.

Hey we cannot explain away the things we have done anymore than other countries can explain what their countries have done in the past. The current wars have nothing to do about money as they have been nothing but a big HUGE Mother F*ing drain on our treasury. Call it revenge, call it payback, call it that the Muslims finally gave us a good excuse to turn the Middle East on it's head. But the country did not get rich off these wars at all. We're pretty much broke to be honest.

Isolationism looks pretty good to me actually.

As I have said to you before you are a savvy guy and I respect that. BUT unbeknownst to you when you were going to school you were taught American history as dictated by your own government. I am sure that you didn't study Canadian/British/World History as it really occurred because it was censored.

When I was in school we studied the history of all countries and it was not a censored history. You were at the mercy of your own gov't and didn't know it.

Hopefully your new POTUS will put things straight. Yet I would keep an eye on him. His real agenda has yet to be presented and I in my own opinion believe that all Americans will be blown away by how slick, slippery and non-committal that he was. Yet he is your leader to be and `isolationism` would not be a bad way to go.

In fact I really think the U.S. needs to let other countries solve their problems because if it does not we are facing apocalyptic times.

Sincere Regards,
scratch